JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2023!

Options

Replies

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

JFT Tuesday (Feels like Monday)
    - 7:00am meetings start :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Protein bar for breakfast & lunch :smiley:
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - home by 4:30 :smiley:
    - bike ride :smiley:
    - no alcohol :(
    - Dinner at home :(
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Rode with the club last night, and it royally kicked my bum. I haven't done a road ride with hills in over a year. I had to walk a few hills and I had to stop a few times to bring my heart rate down. My scheduled ride was 15 minute warm-up, 25 minute working and 10 minutes cooldown. In reality the hills started right away so there was no warm up. I did get a little bit of a cooldown, but all in all it was just a beating. Just reminds me how much the extra weight affects a ride.

Tonight should be trivia, but I'm just not sure. I'm really tired and have a busy day ahead. Work stuff, have to go to my 2 previous employers place to help them out a bit, then to get a paper notarized. Somehow my rollover check from my 401K didn't arrive at Meryl Lynch, so they need to reissue the check and to get that I have to have a form notarized saying that I mailed it and it wasn't received. Then I have to pick up supplied for Fun with Science shows this weekend. After I get that back to work, I have a lunch meeting with operations. Then I need to take the pooch to the vet, he's started having seizures. Poor baby. Then and only then will I decide if trivia will happen or if I will just stay home and rest.

JFT Wednesday
    - Call vet at 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Drop of paperwork to DuPont
    - Go to Celanese to help with LIMS
    - Get paperwork notarized
    - Buy supplies
    - Back to work for lunch meeting
    - Vet at 3:30
    - NAP
    - Shower
    - Trivia
    - Home by 10:30
    - Bed by 11:00

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,600 Member
    Options
    Back home!!

JFT for 9/6/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/23)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 9/7
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hello old friends.

Going thru a hard time in this season of my life. Reaching out here for support as you all have made a positive impact in my life in the past! I was so relieved to see familiar faces here still.

I separated from my husband in April. I moved out to my parents and just got my own apartment. Divorce proceedings to be determined. I'm sad. But it's the right thing...

My health has been taking a beating with all the stress...but I'm finally ready to put some care and attention towards making changes.

Looking forward to getting back in the swing with you all!
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Hello old friends.

Going thru a hard time in this season of my life. Reaching out here for support as you all have made a positive impact in my life in the past! I was so relieved to see familiar faces here still.

I separated from my husband in April. I moved out to my parents and just got my own apartment. Divorce proceedings to be determined. I'm sad. But it's the right thing...

My health has been taking a beating with all the stress...but I'm finally ready to put some care and attention towards making changes.

Looking forward to getting back in the swing with you all!

Sorry things have been so tough. You know you are always welcome here. Take care and when you are ready to make goals do it. Until then this is a sale place to share.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my yogurt I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same food at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2023
    Options

JFT for 9/6/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/23)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 9/7✔️
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

JFT for 9/7/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/23)
    4) Don't weigh again until Thursday, 9/7
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)
    **Not yet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true
    Sample

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    JFT Thursday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Elliptical if possible. SET UP GRAMMAR PRACTICE. They have GOT to write this week. Also - take in the shoe caddy and hang it up. NO EARBUDS DURING READING.
    2. Need to call caregivers. And, crap, I've also got to have lesson plans ready for next week. UGH.
    3. In class: Choice reading. 1.1 chorally. While C goes over study guide with students, divide parts.
    4. Planning - Meet with Ss with significant behavior markers. Mark which caregivers have replied to emails and which have been sent but not replied to. Send welcome email to caregivers with email in system. Call caregivers RE absences (1 left). Need to put grades in for journals and late assignments. NEED TO ASK OFF FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY MONDAY AFTERNOON.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher!
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? Call R about training.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations!
    8. Evening: Physical therapy, bottle run, Dems meeting. Dinner: Soup. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Honestly I would also like to re-craft my school necklace and make a few bracelets with round beads. And I need to head in a little early once my bulletin board is mounted and we get the car back so that I can shoot my new-room video. Need to review student reading logs!! Where are my calendars? Need to finish putting up posters now that bulletin board is mounted so that I can do the video.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 200.6

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary.

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. I have too many little things. Physical therapy and union meetings and civics meetings and my ongoing ed course and tutoring and UGH.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wed Sept 6th
    1.5L water - 😕
    Log all Food - 🙂
    Move intentionally 30 Minutes - 👿
    Gratitude Journal - 👿

JFT - Thurs Sept 7th
    1.5L water
    Log all Food
    Move intentionally 30 Minutes
    Gratitude Journal

@pridesabtch - sounds like a busy day, I hope you got some rest.

@AJB1014 - I looked in my messages the other day and was thinking about you! Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. I hope there is some light in your life.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Recap: Tuesday, September 5
    Log - :)
    Healthy food choices - :)
    Under calorie limit - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No

Recap: Wednesday, September 6
    Hydrate - :)
    Exercise - No

JFT Thursday, September 7
    Log
    Healthy food choices
    Under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise ?
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 2023
    Options
    JFT for 9/7/2023 (today)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/23)
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 9/8
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    13) Can eat lunch early due to meeting at lunch
    **Not yet

Sample

• pridesabtch
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    - Call vet at 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Stay green :(
    - Drop of paperwork to DuPont :smiley:
    - Go to Celanese to help with LIMS :smiley:
    - Get paperwork notarized :smiley:
    - Buy supplies :smiley:
    - Back to work for lunch meeting :smiley:
    - Vet at 3:30 :smiley:
    - NAP :(
    - Shower :(
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Home by 10:30 :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :(

As many "no's" as "yes's" yesterday, but that's ok. Today was straight meetings from 8:00 - 11:30. I'm cranky because I haven't had any caffeine yet today, but I don't feel much like walking to the cafe to get a soda. TBH my legs are still very heavy, and my knees are bothering me a bit. Not sure if I'll do my run/walk this evening or rest another day. Other than work, I have to go to mom's today and to the sports store to buy racquet balls for a science show we are doing Saturday.

JFT Thursday
    - Meetings all morning :smiley
    - Protein bar for lunch :smiley:
    - Go to mom's get bills & such
    - Dinner at home
    - Run/walk ??
    - Bed by 10:00

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I have been busy getting ready for my activity groups restarting. So much admin. Then this week DH and I have been taking advantage of a late spell of settled weather to do some day trips, before I become too busy again. 😝 No rest for the wicked.

I’ve skimmed through the missed pages. Good to see everyone still kicking it.

@pridesabtch Wow! Sierra is quite the athlete.
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    🦋🐞 JFT: SEPTEMBER 2023 🐞🦋
    🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋🪲🐞🪲🦋
    September focus:
    📍Adhere to Solid Habits

August update: I needed to get back to my writing so made a date with my 🖊️ and 📖 and resolved to write a poem each day in August.

I managed 25 poems, so quite happy with that.

Daily Solid Habits:
    💎Right This Minute: Anti procrastination strategy
    💎Just DO it!!!
    Morning Routines:
    💎Daily Meditation
    💎Walk/Make beds/Shiny Sinks
    💎Post Sole Mates steps
    💎Weigh < 140/log
    💎Monitor %age Fat/Muscle
    💎Log CI<CO/Balance macros
    💎Herbal tea/supplements
    💎Self care
    💎Quality time with DH
    💎Ablutions/dress/Shiny sinks
    💎Breakfast
    In between:
    💎Intentional exercise > 60 minutes
    💎Cardio > 5500 steps
    💎Strength > 15 minutes
    💎Flex > 15 minutes
    💎Active hours > 6
    💎Zone minutes > 25
    💎Declutter > 15 minutes
    💎Daily chores
    💎paint/draw/write/read
    💎Craft/crochet
    💎General chores
    💎Gardening
    💎jigsaw/puzzles/TV favourites
    💎Meet with friends
    💎Quality family time
    Evening Routines:
    💎Sole Mates evening reminder
    💎JGM10Ds/JFT/UAC/Hogwarts
    💎Close Fitbit rings/Zone minutes
    💎Building Healthy Habits
    💎Duolingo Latin
    💎Update Women over 50
    💎Switch off screens at 11.15pm
    💎Clutter Sweep
    🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋

😎 Terri

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 9/7/2023 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today. Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today (including candy, peeps, ice cream, Trader Jo cookies). Also leaving rest of mango strips for him (they're awfully sweet)✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/23)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until Friday, 9/8✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last 7/17)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. Some of fruit stand mixed nuts ok.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/30)✔️
    10) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)✔️
    11) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Can eat lunch early due to meeting at lunch✔️
    JFT for 9/8/2023 (tomorrow)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)
    **Not yet

Sample

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Feeling overwhelmed today. My only health-related goals are to log my food and water. Other than that, I have so much housework to do; I can’t believe I’ve let things get this bad. Also went to a career counselor and he completely ripped apart my resume so now I have to revamp that. And I’ve barely written all week because work zaps all my creative energy.

Hoping to make at least a little bit of progress this weekend so one day I can quit the corporate world altogether, spend as much time in nature as I can, and just live off my writing. But my total royalties last month were about $13.00, despite launching a brand new book so…I’ve got a ways to go :/
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    JFT Friday - no treats after dinner!
    1. Pokemon hunting. Duo. Juggle plans to review grammar and also do some writing.
    2. Meet with AH. Need to call caregivers. SO MANY CALLS. And, crap, I've also got to have lesson plans ready for next week. UGH.
    3. In class: Paper journal / charge devices. Put practice sentences on back of journal. When students turn journal in, give them a paper receipt to put in their portfolio; mark collected in gradebook.
    4. Planning - Meet with Ss with significant behavior markers. Call caregivers RE failing grades. Need to put grades in for journals and late assignments.
    5. Choose texts for benchmark; begin building exam. Draft benchmark 2. Send terms to fellow English II teacher!
    6. Check in with union members. How did we develop "an army of subs" before??? Call R about training.
    7. Create sheets with members names & contact info - including room locations!
    8. Evening: Podcast. Dinner: idk, something, salad? Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Update JFT.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Discuss Clois & Stuffy. Check in w parents regularly. Get stamps! Need to return the Dolly wig. Need to script and shoot videos. Need to write blog posts. NEED TO GRADE JOURNALS!! Honestly I would also like to re-craft my school necklace and make a few bracelets with round beads. And I need to head in a little early once my bulletin board is mounted and we get the car back so that I can shoot my new-room video. Need to review student reading logs!! Where are my calendars? Need to finish putting up posters now that bulletin board is mounted so that I can do the video.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    End of 2022: 201.2
    Today: 201.8

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Family concerns. 11. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests. Record mini-lessons.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s. Weekly blog series: Weekly Wishes (Monday) and Weekly Wins (Friday).

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit).

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ed assoc. Ugly Christmas sweater. Prison abolition; reduce / re-allocate responsibilities dumped on cops. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba. Rhythm nation.

10. Immediate family: Clean room; work toward sleeping in room. Clean up behind desk. Make appointments for hearing, sleep study, vet. Keep track of plans for Rock City (Friday?) and Disney. Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Work on staying home solo when dark.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 194, purple All-Stars. 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Therapy Wed Jun 21 3P. Dentist April 19 11a. Biometric Th Aug 24 9AM. Annual exam Oct 11 9A check calendar; ask about migraines? Massage Aug 19 6P. Need to RS colonoscopy and check on ADHD testing.

13. Therapy thoughts: Prioritizing is hard. There is so much that feels important. I need to talk to my parents about end-of-life plans (particularly funeral arrangements) and I'm not sure how to go about it. I do somewhat trust that they are capable of deciding when they need assisted living but should probably offer help in finding out what sort of place would be best BEFORE it actually becomes necessary. How are you supposed to feel about students who come once every ten days, presumably so their families don’t lose state benefits?

14. Just for fun: Start sketching dragon on a pile of books, offering one to the armored knight, & banner that reads "Treasure should not be hoarded / It should be shared." Use AI for ideas.

WFTY: Priorities. And I feel caught between forces pulling me in different directions: have high standards, but don't have too many students failing your class, but your class has students who began the term WELL below grade level, so meet them where they are, but make sure you're giving them work that's on-level, but did we mention that too many of them have failing grades? Oh and don't give them completion grades, either; make sure you're grading their work according to the standards. Hold them accountable for turning their work in on time, but again, they shouldn't have failing grades. AUGH.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence. 2022 WFTY: Focus.
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    - Meetings all morning :smiley
    - Protein bar for lunch :smiley:
    - Go to mom's get bills & such :smiley:
    - Dinner at home :smiley:
    - Run/walk ?? :(
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Did a lot of running about yesterday, and didn't get home until late. Skipped my workout and went to bed early. Well I went to sleep on the couch dozing in and out watching tennis. Must do workout today! Tomorrow is a busy day. We have big wigs from corporate coming in for a joint celebration with United Way. I have to be at work at 8:30 to probably 10:00. Then straight downtown to set up for Fun with Science. The shows aren't until 2:30 & 4:00, but they want us set up by 12:15. I'm assuming so we have all of the vehicles out of the prime space by event start at 1:00pm. I love doing the shows, but I'm rarely the lead presenter. My friend Leo usually does that, but he will be out of town. He is way more energetic than I am, and he looks like the typical Mad Scientist with crazy hair and eye brows.

JFT TGIF
    - Check in with operators :smiley:
    - Check in with MFP
    - Do mom's bills and renew her vehicle registration on line
    - Work stuff
    - Post Office
    - Home by 4:30
    - Walk/Run
    - Dinner at home?
    - Shower
    - Bed early
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 9/8/2023 (today)✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 9/7)
    5) No hard cheese today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 9/7). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    10) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 8/23)
    **Not yet

Sample

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Made it through a short but blisteringly hot first week of the semester. The thunderstorms finally arrived this afternoon, bringing a welcome drop in temperature and freeing me from the task of watering the garden. Exercise looks unlikely. Just as well since I'm exhausted.

Recap: Thursday, September 7
    Hydrate - A little under
    Exercise - :) Mini-workout in the pool

JFT Friday, September 8
    Log
    Healthy food choices
    Under calorie limit
    Hydrate
    Exercise ?