SEPTEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    @martaindale I hope your leg feels better soon!

@polskagirl01 I am glad you are back at your baseline after helping your friend in the race! That was a really nice show of support. Also great job squashing ;) the squash enemies.

Last night we had a huge thunderstorm come through, which meant TONs of slugs to try not to step on this morning. I don’t like having to look so intently at the ground when I’m running, but there are a fair amount of fallen leaves on the ground which are “slug colour” and I have to be able to tell when I need to make an evasive manoeuvre.

Today was a recovery run - a nice and slow 4.5km. 78.7/160km for September.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @martaindale Nice recovery run. Walking tomorrow is probably a good idea. I hope it is a minor strain and rest is all it needs.

Nice run @kgirlhart ! Glad it wasn't unpleasant. :smiley:

@polskagirl01 . Thanks. Glad you have recovered from the race cheering. Sounds, and looks, like that squash army is doing great and your methods to control the slugs is working. I don't blame you for having the surgery on the guinea pig. I'm sure your son would have been really upset if you hadn't.

Great running and slug dodging @Laurz9191 !

Nice running @tarun_yadavA . Be careful to not injure yourself just trying to reach a 50 day streak. Maybe take it easy tomorrow since you are feeling it so much today.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    September 1 – 5.17 miles
    September 2 – 8.03 miles (5 road/3 trail)
    September 4 – 9.01 miles (trail)
    September 5 – 5.01 miles
    September 7 – 5.24 miles
    September 8 – 7.02 miles
    September 9 – 5.01 miles (trail)
    September 11 – 5.29 miles
    September 12 – 3.27 miles
    September 13 – 5.24 miles
    Total 58.29 miles/ Goal 85 miles

Ran with my fast friend this morning. Temp was a nice 65F but it was very humid.

Congratulations on winning your tennis league match @quilteryoyo!

Glad you are taking time to heal that calf now @martaindale. Remember Kevin’s rule – if it feels ok, give it another day of rest.

Beautiful squash @polskagirl01! Glad you saved them from the slugs! I hope Mack continues to recover from his surgery.

Extra points @Laurz9191 for slug dodging!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Thanks @Teresa502 . Great running.

That sounds like a great hike @martaindale ! I hope your calf is better by Friday!

September 1: Walk 2.50 miles - treadmill wun
    September 2: Walk 2.00 miles - treadmill - weed eat for almost 2 hours
    September 3: Walk 2.00 miles - treadmill
    September 4: Walk 2.14 miles - Ran 1.86 miles - driveway laps and to mom's -D1W1 HM training
    September 5: Walk 1.14 miles - Ran 1.76 miles - driveway laps - D2W1 HM Plan - mowed mom's lawn
    September 6: Walk 1.10 miles - Ran 2.25 miles - treadmill - D3W1 HM Plan
    September 7: Walk 2.00 miles - treadmill D4W1 HM Plan
    September 8: Walk 0.04 miles - Run 2.10 miles - Driveway laps - D5W1Cross training + other stuff
    September 9: Walk 1.00 miles - Run 5.00 miles - treadmill - D6W1 Long Run - 6 miles
    September 10: Walk 1.00 miles - driveway laps D7W1 - Rest day
    September 11: Walk 1.00 miles - Run 2.25 miles - Fast Finish - W2D1 - also 1h17m of league tennis
    September 12: Walk 0.74 miles - Run 1.51 miles - Foundation Run W2D2
    September 13: Walk 1.00 miles - Run 2.25 miles - Speed Play Run W2D3

37.00/80 mile goal

I did my Speed Play Run on the treadmill this morning. That makes it easier to control my speed and makes me keep a constant pace. I ran 5 min at 4.2 mph, 5 min at 4.5 mph, then 3 x (2/2 min at 6.0/3.8 mph), 7:50 min at 4.2 mph. The middle 6.0 mph two min was tough - huffing and puffing a lot worse than the others. Otherwise, not too bad. I ran a total of 2.25 miles at an avg pace of 13:16 min/mile. Avg Hr was 130 with a max of 149 bpm. I also walked a total of 1 mile for warm up and cool down.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone you all inspire me to keep going 😊🏃🏼‍♀️

@tarun_yadavA I don't have strava just using mapmyrun but going to check it out.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Poison ivy, slugs, lightning... sounds dangerous out there! Be safe everyone!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Monthly question: What kind of watch/tracking device does everyone have? Are you happy with its performance?

I have a Garmin 245 Music. I like the long battery life and the simplicity of using it. I basically just use it to track runs, walks and hikes. It has a "weights" feature on it but it wants me to either load a workout or to enter the number of reps, etc. and that's just too complicated. Same with yoga. I bought the music version thinking I would use it but alas I haven't taken the time to figure it out. About the only time I run with music is when I run at home and I think the watch needs wi-fi to play the music and that's not an option where I live.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I have the Garmin 255s Music. I too thought I would use the music feature, but you have to have a Spotify Premium account for it to play your Playlists, and the other services it supports you also have to have the premium version. I think you can download your own songs that you own, but I get bored with the same old songs over and over. But no, I don't think you need WiFi. The appeal is you don't need to take your phone with you on runs if you have the music on the watch.