What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Looks sooooo gooood yum. Never tried walnut oil, does it taste like walnuts?

It really was sooooo goooood! Highly recommend :) Walnut oil is pretty neutral. If you taste it by itself you get a hint of walnut, but if you use it in a dish I'd say it's pretty much flavorless. I use it to meet my fat macros in a healthy way (been reducing my saturated fats and substituting with olive/avocado/walnut oils).
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Taco dinner where only the masa harina tortillas and griddled onion and red pepper were freshly made for tonight. Leftover sous vide lamb shoulder pulled out of the freezer, leftover guacamole from a lunchtime takeaway, leftover pickled cabbage from the last time we had tacos. Fresh raw coriander, sliced cherry tomatoes and lime wedges. The salsa was store bought and pimped up with store bought aji amarillo.
    Looks good. I was gonna make taco bowls tonight but I'm gonna save them for tomorrow now as my stomach got upset from something that disagreed with me.
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Looks sooooo gooood yum. Never tried walnut oil, does it taste like walnuts?

It really was sooooo goooood! Highly recommend :) Walnut oil is pretty neutral. If you taste it by itself you get a hint of walnut, but if you use it in a dish I'd say it's pretty much flavorless. I use it to meet my fat macros in a healthy way (been reducing my saturated fats and substituting with olive/avocado/walnut oils).

I'm gonna look out for it, gotta give it a try.

At this point I do a balance of sat fats/unsat fats because the sat fats have played a huge role in satiety for me to help me get past my eating disorders. In time, esp. after this round of PT for the next couple of months, I hope to get cleared to start strength training. At that point I wanna up my protein and lower the fats/mainly sat fats.
  • takinitalloff
    Options
    sat fats have played a huge role in satiety for me to help me get past my eating disorders.

That's awesome! That's exactly how it went for me. I started with "regular keto" and then gradually switched toward what I call high-fat/low-carb Mediterranean. My saturated fat intake is still too high (around 20g/day instead of the 13g/day that is recommended for the amount of calories I'm eating) but it's far better than it was. I haven't found any difference in satiety levels between eating meat/butter/coconut oil/heavy cream then, vs. olive oil/nuts/seeds etc. now. I wish more people knew about the satiety benefits of eating more fat! It's so nice not feeling like I'm starving all the time. Fat for the win, haha. Anyway, glad this is working for you!
  • MacLowCarbing
    edited October 2023
    Options
    After barely eating yesterday due to upset stomach, I was pretty hungry this morning and started eating as soon as my eating window opened.

Scrambled eggs, bacon, and a quick almond flour microwavable bread w/a light smear of cream cheese:
    r118xf3cbbev.jpg

Evening meal: Taco bowls. I browned & seasoned the meat then added a bit of tomato sauce & sauteed onions. I put out shredded cheddar, spinach, lettuce, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, black olives, salsa & sour cream. I took a bit of everything. I also put some queso flavored pork rinds on the side but didn't eat many of them, I wasn't in the mood.
    jomtmr5piqv9.jpg

• takinitalloff
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Coconut, Fish, and Tomato Bake... a repeat because this was sooo delicious. I even love those little squirty cooked tomatoes, which I'm usually not a big fan of. Can't get enough of this dish, yum. Real comfort food that doesn't leave me feeling awful later. I used salmon.
    tigxwqaxbh4u.jpg

Southern Green Beans by Rachael Ray -- not a winner. I did omit the sugar, maybe that would have made it ok, but I doubt it. Either way, I don't eat added sugar anymore so if it's going to work for me, it has to work without. I ended up making the beans worthwhile by adding a little mayo to it, but didn't take another photo. The meat is a pork loin chop cooked with a little smoked paprika, s&p, and deglazed with white wine.
    qgef2yrdhxp7.jpg

@acpgee I love that you cook with your single mom friend. That is some tangible support that makes a real difference I bet.
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options
    After about 3 days of eating lower protein than normal I was very hungry for protein. So today I ate one meal w/lots of protein:
    12 oz chuck steak, pan-fried in cast iron w/some ghee. That's a tsp. of butter melted on top.
    Garden salad: mixed lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives.
    2 soft-boiled eggs.

7ykgoj1qvpgg.jpg

• takinitalloff
    Options
    @acpgee I've been drooling over your cheesy roast thingies all week, just so you know. Hope you have a great vacation!
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    After about 3 days of eating lower protein than normal I was very hungry for protein. So today I ate one meal w/lots of protein:
    12 oz chuck steak, pan-fried in cast iron w/some ghee. That's a tsp. of butter melted on top.
    Garden salad: mixed lettuce, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives.
    2 soft-boiled eggs.

7ykgoj1qvpgg.jpg

My vision of Heaven
  • MacLowCarbing
    Options
    Tonight's meal is lemon-pepper chicken breast (baked in air fryer) + some delicious yellow crookneck squash sauteed w/peppers & onions in olive oil & Italian seasonings.

u2tutkocu2zm.jpg