What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    utjeh0cfaq8w.jpg
    imwighcpb7ta.jpg
    87nl89ue5dlk.jpg
    sndhnko4s4qn.jpg
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    iowalinda wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    A few of my recent meals: Beef and Cabbage stir fry
    bfn4nfdsabko.jpg
    Conrmeal crusted catfish with baked sweet potato and sauteed beet greens
    q1p2ea0nlhcn.jpg
    Siracha salmon with bok choy, mushrooms and eggplant
    ol7jy862fo76.jpeg

Please share how you make your Beef and Cabbage stir fry. Does it have some kind of sauce on it? It looks so yummy!

This is the recipe I use. I do not modify it because it is great just as it is. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/08/beef-cabbage-stir-fry/

I made this on Saturday night. It's delicious. I quadrupled it because I had a ton of cabbage to use up, and I'm glad I did. Over two days, out family of 3 demolished it.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    @JL2513 What did you think of the m&m’s? I liked the flavour but I’m not sure how I feel about them being crunchy.
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    So, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that this looks like dog poop, but is actually good. Overnight oats first try... a success?
    szoota0hilqz.jpg

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr Do you use "dry" cottage cheese or just regular cottage cheese out of the tub? I want to get more adventurous with my cottage cheese usage. I eat a LOT of it. Just looking to spice things up a bit.
  • Julz519
    Julz519 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    whoa!!!! ... some of this food looks sooooo good. I want someone to come cook for me!! :p
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    @crazyravr Do you use "dry" cottage cheese or just regular cottage cheese out of the tub? I want to get more adventurous with my cottage cheese usage. I eat a LOT of it. Just looking to spice things up a bit.

From the tub. I love the taste and texture of Nordica 4%. I use this for everything that I make with cottage cheese including cheesecake and mayo etc. I think I posed a recipe for this salad here before... let me know if you cant find it.

Wait... I haven't been making your cheese cake with cottage cheese, just cream cheese and yogurt. Do I have a missing ingredient or do you swap it with one of the other ingredients?
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »

From the tub. I love the taste and texture of Nordica 4%. I use this for everything that I make with cottage cheese including cheesecake and mayo etc. I think I posed a recipe for this salad here before... let me know if you cant find it.

Wait... I haven't been making your cheese cake with cottage cheese, just cream cheese and yogurt. Do I have a missing ingredient or do you swap it with one of the other ingredients?

I did a bit with 'my' version of the recipe...only had a 225g tub of cream cheese - so used the remaining amount with 'dry curd' cottage cheese...(if you do - just cream it really well with the cream cheese/yogurt mixture). A more creamy cottage cheese would totally be good too...I just don't like the sodium in them. The dry curd is super low in sodium and higher in protein than say the 'Nordica' or other brands.

oh...and it was super yummy too :p

7 Ingredients

225.00 g, Fat Free - Cream Cheese
    0.25 tsp, Salt
    115 g, 0.4% Cottage Cheese - Dry Curd
    350 grams, Plain Greek Yogurt 0%

2 scoop, Protein Powder
    2 large, Egg
    0.25 tsp, Vanilla extract

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 8.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 113
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1 g 2 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 61 mg 20 %
    Sodium 324 mg 14 %
    Potassium 17 mg 0 %
    Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2 %
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 0 %
    Sugars 4 g
    Protein 18 g 37 %
    Vitamin A 10 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 22 %
    Iron 2 %
  • raymax4
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

I did a bit with 'my' version of the recipe...only had a 225g tub of cream cheese - so used the remaining amount with 'dry curd' cottage cheese...(if you do - just cream it really well with the cream cheese/yogurt mixture). A more creamy cottage cheese would totally be good too...I just don't like the sodium in them. The dry curd is super low in sodium and higher in protein than say the 'Nordica' or other brands.

oh...and it was super yummy too :p

7 Ingredients

225.00 g, Fat Free - Cream Cheese
    0.25 tsp, Salt
    115 g, 0.4% Cottage Cheese - Dry Curd
    350 grams, Plain Greek Yogurt 0%

2 scoop, Protein Powder
    2 large, Egg
    0.25 tsp, Vanilla extract

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 8.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 113
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 1 g 2 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 61 mg 20 %
    Sodium 324 mg 14 %
    Potassium 17 mg 0 %
    Total Carbohydrate 6 g 2 %
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 0 %
    Sugars 4 g
    Protein 18 g 37 %
    Vitamin A 10 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 22 %
    Iron 2 %

thank you for your recipe
  • raymax4
    Options

Sorry I remember some where that you had a cheese cake thread. So I shuffled through the many threads that I had saved to fine the link to the thread. Boy you did a lot of work on that thread! Anyhow I found your V2 plus many tweaks. (Hangs head in shame for not reading or saving the thread when it was brought up because I thought I had the answers.)
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Spicy Thai beef salad using leftover ribeye!

kjkz0wv555at.jpg
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    @raymax4 - no problem...it's so yummy :p
  • ltrask13
    ltrask13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    20180408_181643.jpg

NOT sure if this will work, but this is stuffed pork loin with spinach, apples, caramelized onions and gruyere cheese
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    @JL2513 What did you think of the m&m’s? I liked the flavour but I’m not sure how I feel about them being crunchy.

I was surprised how much I liked them! The espresso one is so good and I'm not even a coffee drinker. I was also surprised at how addictive the crunch texture makes the candy. I don't like rice crisps in chocolate, but really enjoy this cookie/wafer-like type.
  • fitdadclay
    fitdadclay Posts: 15 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    x87ulzuegj0q.jpeg
    Full day of meal prep 5 meals
  • Hanatastic
    Hanatastic Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    4fh6s23vh0df.jpeg
    urs1qwtxk109.jpeg

Kinda like these I guess