Mommy Challenge Part 3: Hot Mummies for Halloween!!!

Options

Replies

• bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Week 9/5/11-- 164
    Week 9/12 --- 163
    Week 9/19 --- 160
    Week 9/26--- 159.5
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Wow-can't believe I lost .5lb and I broke into the 150's after last weeks no logging and no exercise! Guess I didn't eat to badly despite.
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Week 9/5/11-- 220 lbs
    Week 9/12 --- 220 lbs
    Week 9/19 --- 219 lbs
    Week 9/26--- 218 lbs
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: __2__lbs

Please pray for me this week Mommies. I have a very very good guy friend (been friends 20 years) that passed away suddenly yesterday. We were out Saturday night dancing our butts off and having the time of our life. He seemed fine. He dropped me off at home at 2:10 a.m. Sunday morning, he texted me at 2:30 and said he made it home. At 9:00 yesterday morning his daughter woke up and found him dead in his bedroom floor. Coroner estimates time of death at 3:00 a.m., just 30 minutes after he texted me for the last time. Please pray for his poor daughter that found him, she is only 13 and was the light of his life. This is going to be sooo hard on her.

So sorry Lisa! :cry: I will keep you and his daughter in my prayers!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Question i posted earlier:

Starvation mode: true or false..... Just wondering what my MFP pals think about this. So today I have completed my diary and I get the warning of "starvation mode" do u guys believe this? I kinda feel that this applies to the underweight person that just never eats enough... But for someone like me that usually struggles to stay under my calorie goal, a day or 2 a week of not eating a square 1200 calories shouldn't her right? If u were me, feel free to look at my diary today, would u go eat more for the sake of it or ignore the warning. Personally, I'm thinking ignore, if I'm hungry, I know I have room to eat more, but if not, then I won't eat!!! Just looking for opinions, keep in mind I don't get this alert often, I usually am under 1-2 days a week...

Thanks for your feedback Kristyn!!
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Your welcome. I suppose everyones bodies will react different, but it often says im in starvation mode, and I highly doubt it! Some one not much over 5ft tall and weighing in around 145 is not starving themselves!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Question i posted earlier:

Starvation mode: true or false..... Just wondering what my MFP pals think about this. So today I have completed my diary and I get the warning of "starvation mode" do u guys believe this? I kinda feel that this applies to the underweight person that just never eats enough... But for someone like me that usually struggles to stay under my calorie goal, a day or 2 a week of not eating a square 1200 calories shouldn't her right? If u were me, feel free to look at my diary today, would u go eat more for the sake of it or ignore the warning. Personally, I'm thinking ignore, if I'm hungry, I know I have room to eat more, but if not, then I won't eat!!! Just looking for opinions, keep in mind I don't get this alert often, I usually am under 1-2 days a week...

Thanks for your feedback Kristyn!!

i'd just ignor it if its not all the time. keep in tune with your body and eat if your hungry!! i think that you are fine if you dont get to 1200 cals everyday, esp if its due to working out.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Week 9/5/11-- 211 lbs ----SW
    Week 9/12 --- 210 lbs
    Week 9/19 --- 210 lbs
    Week 9/26---208 lbs
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: 2 lbs! Woo Hoo!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Seems a lot of you beautiful ladies have hit new figures this week!! Congrats!

Lisa my dear, my heart and prayers go out to you and your friend's daughter... and all who have been affected by his passing. **hug**
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Hot Mummies!

Congratulations to everyone posting losses & let's keep pushing hard for great losses this week.

Sorry to post so late, but I am on vacation all week & my routine is messed up. Since this is my week off, I am praying for no gain. It is hard b/c I am so used to my work-week routine with eating & exercise. It is tough to not get carried away with the "vacation mentality" of eating.:wink:

Week 9/5/11-- 141.6 lbs
    Week 9/12 --- 139.6 lbs
    Week 9/19 --- 138.0lbs
    Week 9/26--- 138.0lbs
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: 3.6 lbs
    I did lose some weight over the course of the week, but I gained it back over the weekend:blushing: I'll try to do better this week even though I'm on vacation! I will check back in later when I have more time. Have a wonderful week ladies!
  • zsesteacher
    zsesteacher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...didn't lose any pounds this week...I stayed the same..I just don't understand..I've been pretty good..exercising and watching my calories intake...I guess that's the way it is...well at least I didn't gain...hope everyone has a great week...TG Monday is over...I wish it was friday already...LOL!!!!!

SW- 250
    9/12/2011- 250
    9/19/2011- 248
    9/26/2011-248
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    very disappointed in my pounds and lack of focus..i believe that plateau are personally self inflicted aka what i have going on lol...i really need to focus...gee wizz this is hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Alycra
    Alycra Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello all you lovely Mommies out there.

Today has been so crazy, I almost forgot to post my loss today. :embarassed:

Week 9/5/11-- 191lbs ----SW
    Week 9/12 --- 189.6 lbs
    Week 9/19 --- 188.0 lbs

Week 9/26--- 185.0

Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

This weeks loss --> 3.0 :tongue:

Total loss this challenge --> 6.0

This weeks loss kind of surprised me. Usually I "feel" like I lost weight when I have a drop like this, I actually got on the scale this week planning on being disappointed because I just didn't "feel it".
  • Becreed
    Becreed Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Sorry so late ladies, busy Monday!!

Wow, lots of great losses! I am SOOOO jealous of you ladies that have made it out of the 150's. I unfortunately weighed in today totally expecting a loss and got NOTHING! Like a group of you, I am exactly where I was last week. I too am bummed Latoya.
    I have been working out, but food intake has usual hasn't been great. I don't eat horribly, but am always over on calories. And no Latoya, I don't believe the starvation mode at all! I think if my body was starving it would gladly eat some of my fat!

Lisa, I am so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you and your friend's daughter.

Those of you doing the Shred, great job! I was really, really trying to do the 30 days straight, but also out of the blue decided I was going to be a runner and train for a half-marathon (insane right?!). I am kind of putting my focus on that and think I will do the shred 3 days a week. I give you all so much credit, because that is hard! Have a great night!!
    Becca
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi gals

Congrats to all those who lost! And for those who didn't, great job for coming back, logging, showing your face and sticking to it! For me that's always half the battle.
    Lisa, I'm so sorry about your friend, that is really terrible.

Here's my weekly update:
    Week 9/5/11-- 143.3 ----SW
    Week 9/12 ---144
    Week 9/19 --- 141.8
    Week 9/26--- 140.0
    Week 10/3--
    Week 10/10--
    Week 10/17--
    Week 10/24--
    Week 10/31---

Total weight loss: 3.3 lbs

By the way, my usual WI day is Friday but I weigh in on Monday just for this board too in case you're wondering about the discrepancy Really proud of myself for sticking with 30 day shred! I'm on L2D10 tomorrow!
    Hope everyone has a great week! Gearing up for holidays this week (lots of food, not a lot of exercise) anyone else?
  • heatherjames84
    heatherjames84 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great losses mummies....
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Good morning mummies!! keep up the good work!! im working hard for a loss this week so that i can join you guys in this challenge! time to stop playing and get serious about my goals! make it a good one and remember to eat a good breakfast!
  • madyncaden
    Options
    i have been eating a different breakfast and i have been feeling fuller longer:) i make two egg whites and fold them over to sondwich size, put it on a toasted bagel thin or whole wheat english muffin half of a piece of cheese and then a piece of fruit! calories are low can even be under 300 cals depending on the fruit and if i dont add the cheese. this has been my saving grace for the day since i srtarted working out in the mornings. i have been starving all day long and now i am not!! yay :) hope you all have a great day!!!!
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    See yesterday back to down to 151.6 I think I'm going to forget to weigh in on monday and do it tuesday am expect for last week! Muhahaha
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    i have been eating a different breakfast and i have been feeling fuller longer:) i make two egg whites and fold them over to sondwich size, put it on a toasted bagel thin or whole wheat english muffin half of a piece of cheese and then a piece of fruit! calories are low can even be under 300 cals depending on the fruit and if i dont add the cheese. this has been my saving grace for the day since i srtarted working out in the mornings. i have been starving all day long and now i am not!! yay :) hope you all have a great day!!!!

I do something similar, 100 cal whole grain high fiber english muffin, 1 light swiss laughing cow wedge & 2 or 3 egg whites. Under 200 cals and super good!!!
  • dietfree2012
    Options

good breakfast idea!! i will have to try it!
  • madyncaden
    Options

good breakfast idea!! i will have to try it!

it is so yummy and not long to make:) the whole wheat and the protien makes me fuller longer....let me know what you think Latoya!!:smile::happy: :bigsmile: