FALL 2023 Weight Loss Challenge (OCTOBER, NOVEMBER and DECEMBER ) A Continuation

Options

Replies

• evileyefirefly
    evileyefirefly Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP (MY FITNESS PAL): April, 2013 - 215 lb.
    I have been struggling 🙁. Sometimes I feel so lonely eating healthy.

I have issues with it sometimes too. Add some friends here for encouragement, and maybe work into your plan some of the foods you want, but abstain from. I find I do a lot better if I'm not abstaining from eating the foods I love because of a diet. I try to just eat smaller portions of those foods and if I'm still hungry supplement it with salads/veggies.

• bduanemyfitness
    bduanemyfitness Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Cheery83 wrote: »
    Great week last week. Out hiking each day (except Sunday). Saturday was big hike day. Hike with us they said. Twenty miles. It'll be fun they said. It was. But my newer/different boots (well broken in) are simply not good for 20 miles. Back to my Solomans for big distance.

Twenty miles that is a long trek. Where the views good. I am impressed at that distance how long did it take.

The views were not of Mtns or peaks. But lots of beautiful, changing forests and ponds. There was a group of 22 of us, so that tends to slow things down a little. It took about 8hrs 45min total time, with lots of time for breaks, lunch, a little misdirection and such. But we were back to the trailhead just as the rain started and just as the sun was giving it's last effort. Pretty fine day.
  • The_Elephant_Man
    The_Elephant_Man Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    STARTING WEIGHT AND DATE WITH MFP(MY FITNESS PAL): 335lbs , 8/24/20
    YOUR CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT FOR THIS CHALLENGE:255lbs
    YOUR CHALLENGE WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: 10lbs

October 30:

October Goal:
    October Actual:
    October Loss:

November 6:
    November 13:
    November 20:
    November 27:

November Goal:
    November Actual:
    November Loss:

December 4:
    December 11:
    December 18:
    December 25:

December Goal:
    December Actual:
    December Loss:

Weight loss for this week:
    Current challenge loss:
    Challenge Weight loss goal:
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,862 Member
    Options
    My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall.

CHALLENGE TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS GOAL: Total Loss of 12 pounds to land at 176.2
    CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT (FROM Sept 30th): 188.2
    CHALLENGE ENDING WEIGHT:

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Just a friendly reminder to you all because I care about you. Please don’t forget to schedule your mammograms and do your self-checks.

th?id=OIP.S2AZ-RSQr4Z_jBlH9vfPYgHaE3&pid=Api&P=0&h=320

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change

10/01-187.2-(Trend Weight: 189.2)-

10/02-187.0-(Trend Weight: 189.0)-

10/09-184.8-(Trend Weight: 187.6)-

10/16-184.6-(Trend Weight: 186.4)- A successful day yesterday which showed up on the scale this morning. TMI good, shed lots of water and bloat and raked yard for 3+ hours burning lots of extra calories. Diet was on point. I am planning another good day with more raking and yard work to complete the fall cleanup hopefully. This should continue to work the scale back down.

10/23-184.4-(Trend Weight: 186.1)- It’s been a tough week. My cravings have gotten the better of me most nights. After going up on the scale, I have managed to rein it back in to show a tiny loss this week. It’s not going to get any easier as we approach all the foodie holiday seasons that are coming up lickity split. No one said this would be easy.

10/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

10/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Oct Start: 188.2
    Oct Goal: 184.2 (4 pound loss): xxxxx
    Oct Actual: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far: xxxxx

Challenge Weeks to come

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change

11/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

11/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Nov Start: xxxxx
    Nov Goal: xxxxx (4 pound loss)
    Nov Actual: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far:

12/01-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

12/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

Dec Start: xxxxx
    Dec Goal: xxxxx (4 pound loss)
    Dec Actual: xxxxx
    Cumulative Weight Loss so Far:

• takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling 🙁. Sometimes I feel so lonely eating healthy.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time Dena. I've struggled with this, too, in the past. There's so much (implied and overt) social pressure around eating, and it's difficult to be the odd one out who keeps saying no -- especially when you already feel like what you're doing is not working well and now you just have to keep depriving yourself for nothing. Right?

One thing that helped me turn a corner was to imagine unhealthy food as heroin. If everyone else around me was doing heroin, knowing what it does to a person, would I feel compelled to join in? I don't think so. You can replace "heroin" with other things if you prefer, like gambling or jumping out of moving cars or whatever. The idea is that just because everyone else does it doesn't mean it's right for me, or that I would even enjoy it. The more I recognized the negative impact of unhealthy eating in others and in myself, the less desirable junk food became to me. These days, I stay away from unhealthy foods not because I know I shouldn't, but because I genuinely no longer want to eat them.

On that topic, it's also super important for me that I enjoy the food I'm eating. I think many of us grew up with this idea that "eating healthy" means having to forever be restricted to sad salads -- but healthy food can be utterly delicious! There are so many amazing cookbooks on the market now, and excellent online cooking resources. Experimenting with new recipes, and learning new cooking techniques, made a huge difference for me in how I look at healthy food vs. comfort food etc. and I honestly enjoy my food so much more now.
  • mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    MFP starting weight: 270.9 lbs (June 27, 2023)
    Challenge starting weight: 230.8 lbs (October 1, 2023)
    Challenge goal weight: 205.2 lbs (December 31, 2023)

Challenge weight loss goal: 25.6 lbs (2lbs/week or 4.5oz/day)
    Challenge weight loss total to date: 4.9 lbs

(October 1: 230.8 lbs)
    October 2: 229.9 lbs
    October 9: 230.8 lbs
    October 16: 228.1 lbs
    October 23: 225.9 lbs

Weight loss this week: 2.2 lbs

October loss to date: 4.9 lbs
    October goal: 222.4 lbs

October 30:
    (October 31:)

(November 1:)
    November 6:
    November 13:
    November 20:
    November 27:
    (November 30:)

November loss to date: 0 lbs
    November goal: 213.9 lbs
    November actual:

(December 1:)
    December 4:
    December 11:
    December 18:
    December 25:
    (December 31:)

December loss to date: 0 lbs
    December goal: 205.2 lbs
    December actual:

@deepwoodslady Mammogram ✅

No exceptions. No excuses. 🥑

You're just melting away!
  • takinitalloff
    takinitalloff Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    mnhughes22 wrote: »

Right back atcha, be sure to hold on to your pants until you find a smaller pair, hahaha
  • mnhughes22
    mnhughes22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    mnhughes22 wrote: »

Right back atcha, be sure to hold on to your pants until you find a smaller pair, hahaha

I'm trying! I'm trying! LOL
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,291 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I'm Chris - 72 year old female...5'5" ...I used to be 5'7" but arthritis hit and I lost two inches, so now that two inches is squished around my waist like the billows of a big accordion...
    ...Oh, well. I'll just keep working on it.
    Heaviest: 192.2
    Fall GW: 145.0
    UGW: 140.0
    10/01 - 150.0 at 7:50 a.m. ...nothing...bad cold
    10/02 - 148.9 at 7:30 a.m. ...nothing...bad cold
    10/09 - 151.6 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer
    10/16 - 150.2 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer
    10/23 - 151.5 at 5:30 a.m. ...Grandson Duty then 60 min workout w/trainer
    10/30 -
    10/31 -
    October Goal: 148.0
    October Actual: