GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• _Brigit
    _Brigit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I got my deadlift PR! 300lbs, baby!

zo70b22im652.gif

Amazing! <3

• KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    u35xy0lyhabs.gif

metacarlton-happy-dance-lkxy2bfsfsd4uwkg.gif
    *kitten* yeah 💪💪💪💪😅😅

:smiley::smiley: thank you! :smiley:

Awesome! You made that look easy.
    Thanks! It felt so good that I tried 315 (3 plates) and ALMOST got it! Soon! :smiley:

You *kitten* did it!!! 🌟

I freaking did! I confess, I was doubting myself after my fails at squat and bench, and was avoiding the gym for a few days because of that. I'm glad I pushed myself to go! Next up... 315, and new BHAG (big hairy arsed goal) is 350!

_Brigit wrote: »

Amazing! <3
    Thank you!!! :heart:
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    ___Tams___ wrote: »

You are awesome 💪🏼[/quote]

:heart: :heart: thank you!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,667 Member
    Options

zo70b22im652.gif

So cute your little subtle celebration
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

zo70b22im652.gif

A little late to the party.....but damn you kick *kitten* !
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,059 Member
    Options

zo70b22im652.gif

Bruh?? 🙌
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options

zo70b22im652.gif

...Also late to the party but...

um63q4kk9hh5.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    So cute your little subtle celebration

Haha, I had to hold back! I felt like the gym should have erupted into applause, but not a person noticed! :laugh: That said, I almost burst into tears, I feel like I've been waiting for this for so long!
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    A little late to the party.....but damn you kick *kitten* !

Thank you so much!!! :heart:
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Bruh?? 🙌

haha thanks Bruh! :kissing_heart:
    Tallawah_ wrote: »

...Also late to the party but...

um63q4kk9hh5.gif
    Never too late! Thanks so much! :kissing_heart:
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,814 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday is a very very challenging flow yoga class, my favorite workout of the whole week.

Instructor inserted a headstand into a very difficult flow, which he never does, and told us, once up, to spread our legs out as far as possible and then return to straight-up legs. It takes a lot of strength and balance.

I’ve never been able to do this but it was so unexpected and I was so in the groove of listening to and following his commands, I did it without thinking, and kept my balance.

That sounds minor, but that was a big deal for me.

I also had an hour between cardio and aquafit this morning, so took my mat into the gym and enjoyed the luxury of working on arm balances in front of a mirror, checking my form, for forty minutes. I got a lot of “WTF is she doing and how is she doing that?” side-eyes, lol. Arm balances are why I started weight lifting in the first place.

Yoga and weight lifting are very complementary practices.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday is a very very challenging flow yoga class, my favorite workout of the whole week.

Instructor inserted a headstand into a very difficult flow, which he never does, and told us, once up, to spread our legs out as far as possible and then return to straight-up legs. It takes a lot of strength and balance.

I’ve never been able to do this but it was so unexpected and I was so in the groove of listening to and following his commands, I did it without thinking, and kept my balance.

I also had an hour between cardio and aquafit this morning, so took my mat into the gym and enjoyed the luxury of working on arm balances in front of a mirror, checking my form, for forty minutes. I got a lot of “WTF is she doing and how is she doing that?” side-eyes, lol. Arm balances are why I started weight lifting in the first place.

Sounds amazing!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

WAY TO GO!!! I have been doing my yoga most mornings before work, since February, and it deserves a huge kudos to you! I still often struggle not to fall on my head in downward dog some mornings, and often I find I'm shaking from the effort. Not to mention that it's almost totally fixed my hip impingement issue and increased depth and shoulder rotation!

YOU ROCK!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Today was killer work. Gonna be gravity falling into my chair tomorrow! Haha #legday #squats #push

jtyblwu7hvf6.gif
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,405 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    These week will be my 1RM testing week

@KickassAmazon76 thanks again for giving me pointers on how to approach this again.

Yesterday was for my deadlift

I started with around 60% and worked my way up to 100%
    After that i started to increase with small steps.
    102,3% - Check
    105,8% - Check
    106,9% - Check
    I then decided to try go for that 110% i felt good, and felt like i had it in me
    110% - FAIL...darn it
    Ok, let's try 1 more time, rested up for 6 minuts and set myself up again
    Again, failed. I got the bar up to just above my shin, but couldn't push through.
    fom663juprn2.gif

Then decided that i was not going to settle for that 106,9% and and deloaded the bar from 110% to 107,7%

And this was the result:
    pyp9puxn3hkj.gif

Definatly not felt like a clean rep (wibbly wobbly on the side)
    But i am proud of it, because it's progress. And because i was able to do this with hook grip, which i have been working on this last year. This new 1RM is 130% of my bodyweight, which i know is not a lot for deadlifts, and i have set my goal for next year to be on 175% of y bodyweight.

Decided that i also going to get a belt, because i find it hard to create the intra abdominal pressure on the heavy lifts, and i think that is going to help me.
    And maybe straps, altough my grip is not really an issue (yet), but it might help to pull the slack out at the beginning.

If anyone here got experience with straps, advice and experience shared is very much welcome

Wednesday i am going for my 1RM squat
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    Options

@KickassAmazon76 thanks again for giving me pointers on how to approach this again.

102,3% - Check
    105,8% - Check
    106,9% - Check
    I then decided to try go for that 110% i felt good, and felt like i had it in me
    110% - FAIL...darn it
    Again, failed. I got the bar up to just above my shin, but couldn't push through.
    fom663juprn2.gif

Then decided that i was not going to settle for that 106,9% and and deloaded the bar from 110% to 107,7%

And this was the result:
    pyp9puxn3hkj.gif

But i am proud of it, because it's progress. And because i was able to do this with hook grip, which i have been working on this last year. This new 1RM is 130% of my bodyweight, which i know is not a lot for deadlifts, and i have set my goal for next year to be on 175% of y bodyweight.

Decided that i also going to get a belt, because i find it hard to create the intra abdominal pressure on the heavy lifts, and i think that is going to help me.
    And maybe straps, altough my grip is not really an issue (yet), but it might help to pull the slack out at the beginning.

If anyone here got experience with straps, advice and experience shared is very much welcome

They all look like great lifts Gus!
    Options

102,3% - Check
    105,8% - Check
    106,9% - Check
    110% - FAIL...darn it
    fom663juprn2.gif

And this was the result:
    pyp9puxn3hkj.gif

Aww thanks Chris, but i know you only say this because my chicken legs are even worse than yours 😛🤣
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    Options

102,3% - Check
    105,8% - Check
    106,9% - Check
    110% - FAIL...darn it
    fom663juprn2.gif

And this was the result:
    pyp9puxn3hkj.gif

Aww thanks Chris, but i know you only say this because my chicken legs are even worse than yours 😛🤣

😂 I hear ya Gus. They don’t get worse than mine brother.
  • Ian_mc84
    Ian_mc84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not the most recent as I need to record some new ones, these were about 8 weeks ago
    Options
    Ian_mc84 wrote: »
    Not the most recent as I need to record some new ones, these were about 8 weeks ago

DAMN! Nice pull-ups sir
    Options

102,3% - Check
    105,8% - Check
    106,9% - Check
    110% - FAIL...darn it
    fom663juprn2.gif

And this was the result:
    pyp9puxn3hkj.gif

😂 I hear ya Gus. They don’t get worse than mine brother.

Nah, that's only because you are much more musculair from above the waist, so it seems out of proportion...i am small (except the fat belly) all around

On serious note, my legs are actually my strong parts and most musculair compared to the rest

Lots of work to do, i know
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

102,3% - Check
    105,8% - Check
    106,9% - Check
    110% - FAIL...darn it
    fom663juprn2.gif

And this was the result:
    pyp9puxn3hkj.gif

Super proud of you, Gus! A 7% gain is awesome! You made that 107.7 look like light weight! :smiley:
    I'm glad I was able to help, though I got my plan off google and then refined it with some feedback (Facebook group).

As for belts... I do like mine for the support I feel when I'm nearing max (I tend to put it on for lifts 85% of max and higher). I do find that I wear mine pretty lose, otherwise my stomach hurts and I cannot breath well.

And while I have bought straps for lifting, I still havent figured out how to use them and still get my form right. I find that putting them on and strapping myself in "interrupts my zen" and throws off my lift. I might try them again for my multirep tests (I felt my grip slipping on the 215x16 (AMAP) deads near the end), but for 1rms, I think I like it barehanded.

For the record... 130% of body weight is still impressive in my eyes!