Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Laughingdakini1 so sorry to hear about your cat.

Annie in Delaware
  • CarolGaGal
    CarolGaGal Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Barbara ~ What a good husband you have! Taking you into the book store to purchase the dark chocolate you love was a wonderful gesture.

Allie ~ You are one of the most thoughtful and giving persons I have ever known. You go way out of your way to be there for your family and friends. I know that when you first went through your divorce, you were very worried about the money; but, you seem to spend freely for everyone now and you are a blessing.

Laughingdakini1 ~ So sorry about your cat's passing. It is so hard to lose one of our pets who are a part of our family. Please help us by ending your posts with a name we can easily remember and a general location.

Kylia ~ Beautiful cactus rose!

Heather ~ Enjoy your company.

Rainy Day in GA as the Big O would say!

Carol in GA

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Pg 26

☘️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 14min, 70elev, 2.91ap, 79ahr, 101mhr, 6.5mi= 612c
    Strava app = 737c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 35.10min, 305elev, 102aw, 17.3amph, gear30, 95ahr, 113mhr, 10.13mi= 165c
    Strava app = 205c
    Zwift stats- 35.15min, 306elev, 102aw, 49arpm, 17.19amph, 10.1mi= 206c
    Housecleaning etc- 1hr 18min 36sec, dusting, vacuum, refill hummingbird feeder, wipe down outside back patio chairs/table, etc= 354c

Total cal 1131
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    I've been watching this Dr. Chatterjee interview: Longevity Professor: The Key Factors To Stop Decline & Slow Aging After 40! | Rose Anne Kenny Terri - are you familiar with her? She's from Ireland and an expert on aging, has written a book that is only available in th UK from what I can tell. The interview is over 2 hours long so I'm broke it into chunks. I thought it was excellent and looked up the TILDA study at Trinity University in Dublin. If the rain keeps up I want to explore this further.

It's a pity all I can find on this are videos. I rarely watch videos on my computer and prefer to read an article because reading is much quicker, less time consuming.

Ah, this summary has a transcript.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TImU-RXalCA&ab_channel=PodcastSummaries

"Kenny recommends increasing physical activity each year rather than decreasing it she also advises against excessive sitting and emphasizes the importance of regular movement for maintaining overall Health and Longevity"

Absolutely!! Get up and move!

And of course, she lists the usual:

Exercise (as above)
    Good Diet & smaller quantities
    Quality Sleep
    Social Activities
    Reducing Stress.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Our little cat passed away peacefully at home yesterday after a hard week or so. Have been okay and getting spiritual insights about It All and doing my best to stay healthy and well.

If anyone wants to friend me for mutual support, please do. This is a lovely group here,

thanks and best wishes

So sorry about your cat. :(
  • Machka9
    Options
    My Christmas shopping is pretty much done. :) I don't do much at all. :smiley:

I will pick up a few bits and pieces over the next month. I usually like to get us a new ornament each year ... it's fun to browse among the choices in the stores to see what's new. I usually look for something related to a bicycle, cat or bee. And I might pick up another string of white lights ... the new ones in our patio area aren't very bright. Then maybe a couple gift cards and I'll be done!!

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Went to Michaels because they had yarn on sale, b1 g1 50% off. I usually don’t like those kinds of sales, but I know that it won’t go any lower. Plus, I had a 25% off coupon. Then went to Kohls and got this reusable cup for the Keurig for Colby, these fire pit tools (last time we were at Jess’ they used a piece of wood to stir the embers in their firepit), and this Halloween thing that Vince doesn’t like. However, I didn’t realize that I had a $10 off coupon but I need to go back tonight since the coupon is only good for yesterday and today (I called and even with the receipt, I can’t bring it in tomorrow). So for $10 and to return the thing that Vince doesn’t like, I’ll go back after church tonight. Lector tonight.

Laughingdakini – I’m so very sorry about your loss. Our furbabies mean so much to us. Don’t be hurt if few people (or any) from here friend you. Most everyone just comes to this forum to be friends and for support. Join us! We’re always looking for more friends

Looks like its too late to go for my walk and it’ll be too dark by the time I get home from church. Have I told you all lately how much I hate this getting dark early stuff?????

Rebecca – brownies sound like good packing material to me. Like popcorn.

Listening to TSO on Sirius XM right now. It’s interesting because they tell more of the story than you get on the CD.

Painted the arms on my California Raisin bisque because I could since I have the black paint at home. Also made one of the towel toppers. Next I want to finish making up the bed in the back bedroom and get the christmas presents I have already bought for people down from the shelf in the closet to see what more I have to buy.

Went to Kohl’s for the coupon only the item isn’t included in the sale. Kohl’s does this a lot, gives coupons or marks things down and in little tiny print they list all the exclusions, and there are a lot of them. Oh well, I returned the item that Vince didn’t like. Going to go to WalMart tomorrow and I’ll buy gas.

Since no work the plan is to do the Abs Diet Workout DVD. Haven’t done that one in a long, long time. I’ll see how it is – maybe it’ll get donated.

Michele NC