Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    1 Nov - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    2 Nov - Walked 1.30 miles - Ran 3.00 miles - treadmill - Short intervals
    3 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 3.50 miles - out the road - just ran
    4 Nov - Walked 1.20 miles - Ran 2.80 miles - out the road
    5 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill - played doubles tennis for 1.5 hours
    6 Nov - Walked 1.68 miles - Ran 2.32 miles - driveway laps
    7 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.50 miles - driveway laps - Recovery Run
    8 Nov - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - driveway laps
    9 Nov - Walked 2.25 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill - also cleaned gutters and blew leaves
    10 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - treadmill
    11 Nov - Walked 1.40 miles - Ran 5.60 miles - treadmill - struggle
    12 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - driveway laps - rest day
    13 Nov - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    14 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 3.50 miles - treadmill
    15 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    16 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - driveway
    17 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - driveway -a wun and worked in the leaves1h40m
    18 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 2.50 miles - treadmill - singles tennis for 1h59m
    19 Nov - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill

52.55/80 miles

I did my mile walk on the treadmill after church and before lunch.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Got in 5.3M this morning (at 09"32).

@SummerSkier @daria0919 @quilteryoyo wow! Super impressive ladies 🙌 all mathematics and science disciplines!

@daria0919 what area of math do you/did you teach? Pure or applied or stats/OR ?
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running @kgirlhart , @tarun_yadavA , and @Zaxa2021 !

@polskagirl01 I'm sorry you are having a harder time right now. I hope you start feeling some better soon. I love the bird picture. They can be so greedy! I'm glad that you are able to show that you are legally in the country at least. Hope all of that works itself out soon. I agree with the 5k vs marathon comment. Not sure why she was sarcastic. I guess she didn't like being called out on her lack of running knowledge.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Teresa502 I love your hiking pictures and hiking vicariously through you. :lol: I'm glad you stayed in a cabin this time instead of camping. It's a bit cool for that at night. I thought about doing the Turkey Trot, but I need to be at my neighbor's at 11 for his get-together, so wouldn't have time. I hope it goes well and they have enough volunteers that you don't have to drive all the way from VA to help with it. BTW, you had a nice run this morning too.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Thank you for sharing the hiking photos and recap. I would love to be able to hike the AT and so I am also living vicariously through you.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 beautiful photos! I think we all enjoyed that hike with you! Thanks for sharing.

@tarun_yadavA i primarily taught undergrad courses: all the calculus courses, linear algebra, differential equations and probability and statistics. Only graduate courses I taught were for master degree students. Some theory in those.

Dropped out of PhD program to marry and have kids. Research area was mathematical statistics.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I had planned to teach but was hired out of college by a large oil company to do large scale reservoir engineering studies. From there I went more into IT doing performance and capacity analytics for large computer systems
    I too have an abundance of spreadsheets and track//trend and graph all kinds of things. I think it is interesting that so many of us have similar backgrounds.
    That sounds like a cool job. I agree it is interesting that so many of us have similar backgrounds.

@Laurz9191 I hope the doctor's appointments were scheduled and your kids weren't sick. It is hard to work in your running around life sometimes. You are doing great to do what you can, when you can! No worries about no making your arbitrary goal.

Great running @kgirlhart . I think accounting counts as being in the math business.