NOVEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Got in 5 (at 09"43 pace). Didn't enjoy that run at all.

Choices... Assist 9year old with Fractions word problems homework he's struggling on, or, go to Aldi for groceries. I have to do one. 😭

Joy.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Clearly math @tarun_yadavA! 😆
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,076 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @tarun_yadavA So, you bribed your oldest into going with you for McDonalds so you could pretend you only went there for him. You are too funny. A lot of people who are good at something have no patience teaching those who aren't. Sounds like you made a great choice. Sorry for your loss that prompted the visit for the funeral.
  • daria0919
    Options
    Saw this on my FB page this morning and had to share.
    fndzmnsgekc1.jpg

So true!! 😂
  • daria0919
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Both my siblings were here this past week. Maybe I can get back to normal chaos now.
    TMI
    I had an incident where I lost my temper and emotional upheaval ensued. Siblings have returned to their respective homes, hopefully will come back in July 2024. The house is quiet this morning, been outside in the yard working on raking leaves. Trying to pull myself out of guilt and loathing I feel towards myself.

Sorry to hear about the sibling issue @AlphaHowls. I’m one of four sisters, so sounds familiar. This too shall pass. I’m sure by July things will have blown over and all will be fine.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,884 Member
    Options
    Its drizzly now but I managed to get in an hour 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 run earlier. Up to 107 miles to date out of 100 goal. Yeah I tanked the goal but I like that. Puffs up my ego.😎

@tarun_yadavA I was a math major also. My school only gave out generic BS at the time I graduated but my focus was math. I guess why I have so many spreadsheets? I think in order to get 1500 total miles for the year I have to avg just about 3 miles and with my walking that will get me to 2023 total of deliberate miles walking and running for the year.

I am probably not going to do Run the Year next year as I get awesome support here and now on Strava so don't think seeing a facebook page of runners is worth it.

I had a DREADFUL fight with my older sister when she was here to help with my Dad and Mom back in 2010. Its funny because we actually get along - basically live and let live - she's older and not very close physically or 'mentally' to me. I can't remember having a fight like that in a long long time. It will mellow with time tho It happens to all of us.

@Scott6255 I am loving the milestones you are posting. I am up to 1397. Google says Chaucer told the Canterbury tales. And other than that it draws a blank. 😂😂😂😂😂
    g2u4e189wcr3.png
  • daria0919
    Options
    @SummerSkier and @tarun_yadavA I too was a math major and taught university math for a good 30 years. I still tutor a bit. Yes, the math geek in me is into spreadsheets and number data as well. Goes well with keeping my running/walking stats info.

@tarun_yadavA sorry to hear of your mathematics teacher’s passing and attending the funeral - I think somehow I missed that post.