GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

Are those lifting shoes with a slight incline or just running shoes - ?
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

Look like running shoes...You are braver than me Chris... I don't have lifting shoes, so i go barefoot on my squats and deadlifts since a year now
    Options
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

This looked like warmup for you man...damn!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,142 Member
    Options
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

Just regular ol’ running shoes.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

Look like running shoes...You are braver than me Chris... I don't have lifting shoes, so i go barefoot on my squats and deadlifts since a year now

I need to try this Gus. A lot of people swear by it. I have a pair of lifting shoes but I obviously don’t always wear them.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

This looked like warmup for you man...damn!

It didn’t feel like warm ups Gus. I’ll do dead squats upwards of 400lbs and box squats around 365lbs but I struggle with back squats. That was only 250 there. I was doing 3x5 but switched to 5x3 to try and maintain form and depth. 🤷‍♂️.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

I’m a bare footer as well - if I get lifiting shoes I’ll try the squat university dudes tyr brand with wide toe box - he’s a big advocate of the wide toe box - For overall balance and such if you haven’t checked him out on YouTube give him a look - he has some great content on form - how to identify pain in lifts and what not
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

I’m a bare footer as well - if I get lifiting shoes I’ll try the squat university dudes tyr brand with wide toe box - he’s a big advocate of the wide toe box - For overall balance and such if you haven’t checked him out on YouTube give him a look - he has some great content on form - how to identify pain in lifts and what not

Sounds like something I need to check out. Thanks

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,121 Member
    Options
    No-bare-feet policy at my gym. Doesn't stop some people from doing it anyway, but if caught they risk being asked to leave. Personally, I use Chuck Taylor shoes for lifting, virtually no give in the sole, which is exactly what you want when squatting...you do NOT want runner shoes with cushion shifting your weight around mid-rep!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,121 Member
    Options
    That’s interesting. So what your overall goal when you run these ? Is it more of a bottom limit of where you want to your strength to drop while you’re cutting ?

Never thought of it in those terms. Used to consider myself a powerlifter, always chasing that ever-higher 1RM, 2RM. But this also incurred injuries along the way, and now that I'm 46 I don't recover from injury as quickly/readily as I used to do. So I've come to see 5x5 as something of a compromise, between wanting to be stronger and enjoy moving heavy loads (1-2 reps) and wanting to protect myself (8-10 reps).

Basically, I figure if I don't go below 5 reps, my chances of form breaking down and injury are reduced. So when I go up in weight, ideally I want it to still be a weight I can do 5x5, though I may be willing to settle for 5x4 for a week or two as I get used to the new higher weight.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    That’s interesting. So what your overall goal when you run these ? Is it more of a bottom limit of where you want to your strength to drop while you’re cutting ?

Never thought of it in those terms. Used to consider myself a powerlifter, always chasing that ever-higher 1RM, 2RM. But this also incurred injuries along the way, and now that I'm 46 I don't recover from injury as quickly/readily as I used to do. So I've come to see 5x5 as something of a compromise, between wanting to be stronger and enjoy moving heavy loads (1-2 reps) and wanting to protect myself (8-10 reps).

Basically, I figure if I don't go below 5 reps, my chances of form breaking down and injury are reduced. So when I go up in weight, ideally I want it to still be a weight I can do 5x5, though I may be willing to settle for 5x4 for a week or two as I get used to the new higher weight.

I’m 46 too Brother. I feel your pain.

And I like your approach here. It makes sense to me.

• redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

WTH?

You either have a strong selfie game or you're blessed with good genes. Whatever you're doing man, keep doing it.

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,838 Member
    Options

hot
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

If I remember right you’re also prior military. Here’s a sample of other training I have to fit in around my gym time. It’s part of what I do for a living but the gym and this type stuff have to work hand in hand. I’ve been as heavy as 235lbs before and it was too bulky. For my height 195-215 feels ideal for me. This is a very simple 3 stage drill of loading your weapon systems, shooting with accuracy from both your support and dominant side, mag changes from behind cover and transition drill with proper target acquisition on a shoot / don’t shoot target as you close the distance on the threat.
    di51uuixzrk7.gif

• kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    by1i7p14ocz3.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    f3lv2mhndggb.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    redux1985 wrote: »

WTH?

You either have a strong selfie game or you're blessed with good genes. Whatever you're doing man, keep doing it.

Thank you sir, but I have to thank my mom and dad for that. Considering the injuries I’ve had along the way I’m very blessed.

• Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    by1i7p14ocz3.gif

My husband would love to do something like this.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

hot

☺️ thank you 🤗
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »
    by1i7p14ocz3.gif

My husband would love to do something like this.

If it’s something he enjoys I hope he’s able to do it.
    Options
    jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

jyxpgsykxzpw.gif

I need to try this Gus. A lot of people swear by it. I have a pair of lifting shoes but I obviously don’t always wear them.

Dude, you are going to love barefoot...so much more stability and you can really push up without worrying about the balance.
    I have never tried lifting shoes. Feels like a waste of money for me, knowing that barefoot gives same stability. But i understand that there are gyms that don't allow barefoot (even with socks)