WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Flea - Jess invited Denise weeks ago, Denise just never responded that she couldn't make it. This is very typical for her.

Michele NC

I totally misread that, Michele. I thought Denise had texted her the day before with the invitation. I'm sorry Denise didn't even acknowledge the invitation.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Hello my friends,

Well it was a tough day. Mom was still weak, had diarrhea and was refusing any more fluid than a tablespoon of tea, even when I threatened her with the ER. So I took her to the ER, where they did a lot of tests. I told them about her losing teeth and the lesion in her mouth. The ER did a cat scan and told us it was mouth cancer that had spread to her lymph node. They admitted her and the hospital doctor just called me. He says there is a sinus tumor, but he isn't convinced that it's cancer. We get the expert opinion tomorrow from the ENT oncologist. Eventually there will be a biopsy.

My dad is devastated. We went across the street to my aunt's, and she called in my cousins. I called my sister and she is flying up on Monday. I still have to tell my sister-in-law in California. She is the widow of my brother.

Rebecca you are right. I do need a village of support. Thank you for being part of it.

Thank you all my friends for being in my pocket! Lisa, Kylia, Rosemarie, and DrKatiebug and more!

Allie I will look it up. I could use a laugh!

Heather your painting looks like Van Gogh to me! Especially the specific blue and yellow tones.

Michele Teddy is affectionate with mom, especially when she has food. He has spent extra time lying at her feet this last week.

So tomorrow it's back to the hospital. At least this one has a cafeteria.

Annie in Delaware

Sending hugs, light and love.🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Cat on my lap giving me the stink eye, purring gently, and reaching up occasionally to pat my chin. If that doesn't derail your thought when you're writing on a keyboard, then you're just not paying attention.

My most peaceful morning hours are right now, when I wake up at 5 and Corey doesn't get up until 6 or 7. He rolled himself up like a burrito and took all the covers and that's what woke me up, but I usually wake up at this time anyway.

The top couple of pounds that jumped on my bohonking backside on Thanksgiving morning have receded, which I appreciate. The other two that hitched a ride with them since Monday will hopefully be departing today or tomorrow. Four pounds for me these days is noticeable... when I weighed 300, it was hard to notice that kind of change, but at 150, it really makes you feel like ca-ca.

No real plans for today... tomorrow, they're delivering the windows for the sunroom and Corey will be working on getting those put in. Hopefully, I can help him a bit with those. The guy should also be here tomorrow to give him a bid for shingling the roof. It was supposed to rain last night, but should be dry this week until Thursday. This is NOT a big job for experienced men, seriously only a few hours with a couple guys up there, so I'm really hoping this can be done this week. We'll see.

Yesterday, he was apologizing to me because he went in and cooked breakfast and got my newly cleaned kitchen a little dirty. I had to try to help him understand that it really doesn't annoy me when I clean the stovetop and then he goes in and cooks bacon or sausage and gets it schmutzy again. It's like laundry. It's just never done. You're not going to go around ripping clothes off people to get them clean, or taking the sheets off the bed while they're in it. Laundry is never, ever done. Neither is any other kind of cleaning, not really. Getting cranky about someone getting things dirty again is just silly. Cleaning is my part of our partnership these days. He goes and works hard, and I spend a small amount of my time cleaning, and the rest of the time I do whatever else I want to, which is a huge gift! Cleaning is a very small price to pay to be able to have that kind of freedom. Plus, he's the kind of person who cleans up after himself anyway. Not the stovetop, admittedly, but he gets dinner dishes in the dishwasher nearly every night. And that's after he cooks dinner. Who doesn't love that?

Ah, Egg has extricated herself from the space between me and the laptop table and is lying on my mousepad instead. And purring. Time for a book and more coffee.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Woke up thinking about you, Annie. Hope you were able to sleep, and that there's better news this morning at the hospital.

Googling bohonking.......is that like badonkadonk....😂😁
    Rebecca
    Learning never ends with you ladies
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,635 Member
    Options
    Flea - I thought that might be the one. If I was ready to move, that might have been the place! Might be a bit far from town for what I want next but everything else looks great on the listing!
    Kim
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,258 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Flea - Nice house! :) Looks like a great price, though everything looks really inexpensive compared to us south UK people. :* You have worked really hard at getting it ready. <3
    Are you keeping your share of the inheritance just for you? And would it enable you to retire? Money is freedom and power. And choices.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Flea, very nice property. I would be surprised if it doesn't sell quickly. Looks move in ready and close to the lake.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Turns out music and sunshine is more effective than caffeine and sugar in getting the dishes done! Yay! It's tiny goals today, so I will celebrate that. Plus I got through the mail, mostly trash, but there was a birthday card from my sister. Yay!

Thank you, Lanette, Margaret and DrKatiebug! Your friendship means a lot to me.

Annie in Delaware

Happy Birthday!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,578 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 48min 33sec, dust, vacuum, laundry fold and put away, make and refill hummingbird feeders, wipe down back patio, blow away leaves from front patio and front entryway, make new candle, reorganize first aid stuff in front bathroom, etc= 1036c
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Our house display. It's actually from Christmas 2021. Enjoy! You can mute, if you don't want to hear my husband describe what he did. At about 3:13, it's just the lights and music.

https://youtu.be/Xfa8o6FlDP0?si=goyA5ghb1PQ9oolf

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR