• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,416 Member
    Options
    ☘️pg 4
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: found enough powdered sugar for rum balls. Casserole-a-thon postponed to Thursday.
    Got a hint of shin pain this morning, could it be because I didn’t wear compression socks to bed?
    Lisa “…made a fire (for Egg…” Joe made a fire for me even though it wasn’t super chilly, the rain was pouring down and there’s nothing like a wood fire heat for drying out wet dogs (and their Mama). Our woodstove has a glass window so we can see the flames, and is very solid cast iron (porcelain coated) so really radiates the heat. 83nclzjryanm.jpg
    Fingers X’d actupuncture eases your pain.
    Machka like Lisa “… I always find myself in awe at your energy . . .”
    Welcome @isthelink Stacey from VA Beach!
    Allie “…waving around the marshmellow and just had a piece of chocolate lol” LOL indeed! :love: the pics
    Tina reading all the countries your bellies visited made mine :sick: “…sleeping in separate rooms” after chili tasting? ROTFLMAO.
    Rebecca Oh that Levi! Smooch smooch smooch!
    Welcome @VeryVeggieVegan Laurie! Lots of compassionate, wise, supportive women here, jump right on in!
    Lanette hope the flooding stays far away from you and your chickies.
    Kellie I am so with you and Lanette about the “hands free” down/up floor bs. I believe in using my hands to do it safely, and in doing at least once daily to keep the skill. When I first added it to my daily PT it was very hard and awkward, now not so much. “…for the base of the tree pee” snort!
    Barbie :love: your sweet Annie!
    Sue had to google Archie McPhee. Wonderfully weird!
    Pip :love: the ol’ pic and the camping Christmas lights. Smooch Yogi and those (new) pooches.
    Tracey :love: the painting! Sorry to hear about the foot pain ((hugs)).
    Past time to snooze. ;}
    12/3: Move: ZERO sets PT. , Steps:4760
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-21 that’s what foo foo lattes do to ya’. , CI<CO net=371 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, M, H, Wt:

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,208 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)

Monday --

Long recovery sleep
    Laundry - one load done and hung out to dry
    Event Supplies - organised and put away
    Beehive inspection
    Garden beds - finished digging another row of beds. Started on the potato bed which will be converted to a corn bed.
    Bunnings - to get more soil
    Groceries - ordered

Back to work tomorrow!

Machka in Oz

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,372 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Kylia ~ Love your tree! It is just beautiful! And, what a good looking family you have. All smiles and handsome/pretty faces.

Tracy ~ Especially like the car with the fir tree on the trunk!

Barbara ~ Like your wood stove. It looks so cozy.

Joy ~ Don't know what a seed cleaning machine is for but it sounds like a big job getting it in place at your home.

Annie ~ Just hang in there and know that we are all praying for you and your mom and dad.

Heather ~ Just stay inside and stay warm!

Welcome to all the new posters! Missing Rosemarie!

My Thoughts on the Personality Test: Reading about all the results is so interesting. And, the traits that are attributed to most who have shared seem to fit so well with the chats you have posted.

Carol in GA

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,432 Member
    Options
    Annie - So glad the job with your mom is getting easier, and sounds like your dad is being helpful. Glad the nurse is coming today and your cousin and the cleaning ladies. Nice to have your helpers show up. <3

Kylia - your trees and decorations are so beautiful; all of you ladies are putting me in the Christmas spirit! <3 Thank you. I plan to do my big shopping spree this Friday. Gift cards and a few food-type things like nuts. Seems everyone I know is avoiding sugar as much as possible these days. :p

Rebecca - I meant to comment what a nice thing your sis did sending you that recipe card.

Joy - I know it will be a relief to have the seed cleaning machine unloaded and safe at your farm. Is it going to be placed into a shed or barn? Nice to have neighbors with the big equipment to help with all of this. Bet Lucy will look great with her holiday haircut. :)

Carol - I agree, it's fun looking up the descriptions of folks who are posting their "type." Pretty amazing how close some of us are. :)

Tracey - hope your foot is doing better today.

There were a LOT of different craft sales, store special sales, events for families to attend around here this past weekend. Lots of Santa appearances. And here I thought he was at the North Pole with the elves????? :D I wonder how the turnout was at these events. One of the local thrift stores that was having big sales on new Christmas toys for kids closed early on Saturday because of no customers and announced on FB 50% off on everything to the end of the month.

Barbara - same with your shin! I wonder if this cooler and/or damp weather is affecting us? Who needs the weatherman?

Most food banks around here will take canned goods up to six months to a year past the "best by" date. I read somewhere the cans with the pull-tops don't stay good as long as the ones that need a regular can opener.

No threat of flooding at my house - my house is at the top of a hill and I'm not near any rivers or wetlands. I'm sure the chicken run will have some standing water in areas and the soil there will be pretty wet, but with the warmer temperature I'm not too concerned. They can get into their little coop if they don't like wet feet; it will only be a couple days and will drain quickly once the rain stops.

Speaking of, I need to head out and see what the girls are up to. If no one is in the coop I'll do a quick clean.

Make it a fabulous week! <3

Lanette B)
    Soggy SW WA State
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate getting up in the morning.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    3 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,6471,5327, 5211, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 220/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)98/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 0/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 48/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 11/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member.
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one.
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day.
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today.
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    When I last did the test I was INTJ -T. The Architect. The T bit at the end is important. :p I may have changed since I did it, but I'm not going to do it again.

John went off to the Paris House, catching the bus some of the way because of the rain. I often send him out as my scout. :D He loved it. Said the jazz quartet was excellent, mainly 30s music, and he chatted to quite a few people. So, it's on my list for another time. Apart from the horrible weather, I have Bea pick up tomorrow and lunch out with G on Wednesday. :o I like to pace myself. I always have done. If I don't, my writing time suffers.
    I had a lovely nap. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • VeryVeggieVegan
    VeryVeggieVegan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good morning (Pacific time)! I’ve enjoyed reading your posts. You seem to know each other well and are incredibly supportive! Glad I found you!!
    Have a fabulous day!
    Laurie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
    Good morning (Pacific time)! I’ve enjoyed reading your posts. You seem to know each other well and are incredibly supportive! Glad I found you!!
    Have a fabulous day!
    Laurie

Where are you, I’m in California now
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Tracey-Very nice paintings!

Kelly & Ginny-Sorry about your feet! I am still struggling with my issues. I have given up trying to get them better.

Barbara-That stove looks warm. I say that from where it's a rather chilly 68 degrees F in my house. :smiley: Though it is in the 50s outside.

We have a fireplace that hasn't been lit in many years. I'd like to get some sort of insert that makes it easy and quick to flick on and off. It isn't at the top of the priority list.

The chili cookoff didn't happen for us. We went at 11am and it was so busy already that they had run out of mugs for the tastings. Considering we were kind of peopled out from the previous day, we just went and had brunch instead. That was better for me.

Of all of us who took the personality test, am I the only one that is a Defender? That kind of surprised me, but I guess it's true, at least partially.

Tina in CA