Options
    <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • ginadacat
    ginadacat Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Gina ~ What part of Kentucky are you near. When we were first married, my husband was stationed at Ft Knox and we sometimes went shopping at Louisville.

Carol in GA

I'm in southeast Kentucky. I’m 2 1/2 hours south of Louisville.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    fitte_Oma wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to become part of the group "Women Ages 50+ For December", but I am not quite sure yet, how and where to post and how to answer a post. At the moment I am experiencing and am happy for any kind of support.
    My name ist Svenja, in my younger years I was reasonably fit and not overweight. Unfortunately both changed over the years, partly also due to illness. Now I am a happy grandma and want to get fit enough to play soccer, roll on the floor with the kids and be able to get up from the floor without help :-). Is anyone here in a similar situation? It would be great, if we could share success and failure and support each other. I want to be a "fitte Oma" (German for fit grandma). - Svenja

This is a thread in a forum, so all you need to do is to either:

a. Use the Quote feature to reply to someone (as I have done just now) or
    b. Post a new reply at the bottom of the thread.

You'll get the hang of it! :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    In Tasmania ...

The Christmas decorations appeared in the stores in about mid-September.

We don't have Halloween or Thanksgiving ... well, there's a small attempt to do something on Halloween but it isn't popular. So the Christmas decorations appear early.

The city decorates in about mid-November when the Christmas parade is held. And that's when the trees in the lobby of our building, and several other buildings, appeared.

I decorate on December 1 or as close to it as possible. So our tree is up, but it is not decorated yet because I've been busy. I might do a bit tonight.

I have added a few events to our calendar. We won't go to all of them, but I like to have the option.

I love the Christmas music, so I'll be setting that up very soon.

I don't do cards, although I might send my parents one. If I want to hear how people are doing, I check their pages on Facebook.

I do very few gifts. I've got something ready for the raffle our beekeeping club holds. I've got several things for our granddaughter. I just ordered something for my husband and me last night. And I'll do my brother's gift card just before Christmas. That leaves my sister-in-law and someone, if there is a secret Santa at work.

My husband and I won't get gifts from family or friends ... we're adults and can get what we want. :)

Things I like about Christmas ...
    - decorations
    - lights
    - music
    - events
    - some of the food
    - the Christmas story
    - time off work!

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    fitte_Oma wrote: »
    Hi, I am trying to become part of the group "Women Ages 50+ For December", but I am not quite sure yet, how and where to post and how to answer a post. At the moment I am experiencing and am happy for any kind of support.
    My name ist Svenja, in my younger years I was reasonably fit and not overweight. Unfortunately both changed over the years, partly also due to illness. Now I am a happy grandma and want to get fit enough to play soccer, roll on the floor with the kids and be able to get up from the floor without help :-). Is anyone here in a similar situation? It would be great, if we could share success and failure and support each other. I want to be a "fitte Oma" (German for fit grandma). - Svenja

Welcome. I don’t have kids so therefore no grandkids. I’ve been on here for over 10 years now. I don’t need to be but I am just out of habit. All the ladies here can relate in one form or another. I don’t chit chat on here much so please don’t take offense. Just by posting you are part of the group. Keep coming back.

Yes you need to be here Pip, we are emotionally vested in your life now.💖🤗. You and Kirby are family you see, and that's just the way things are.😁. You are one of the many token inspirational gals that inspire us to be, fit and healthy. You might be retired, but that's your job title.😂
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Awwww I love you too
  • cyndiemi
    cyndiemi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I am new to the discussion groups but have half-heartedly used the food diary in MFP for many years. I am looking to take advantage of all that MFP has to offer. Does anyone else miss SparkPeople?

Cyndie in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Cyndie – welcome. “The one thing I miss about SparkPeople is their recipes. I like the way on the front page it listed the calories. Never was on their forums, liked this one too much

Allie – sounds like a real fun night.

Well, we got the invite for the Newcomer winter social. Boy, have the prices gone up! It went from $30 to $40. You can choose between a meal of ribeye, chicken, salmon, or a vegetarian plate. They’re having a DJ. The cost for a guest has gone from $35 to $60 and this includes a membership. So they’re forcing a guest to become a member. I don’t think we’re going to go since it doesn’t look like anything special. Roaming servers with 3 different appetizers.. Why do I need someone to bring them to me. I’d rather get it myself so I can talk to different people. They’re going to have assigned seating. I want to sit with someone I know, not who they want me to sit with. Years ago it was a buffet. I would be interested in the chicken, salmon and maybe the vegetarian. But now I'm forced to have only one thing, can't try different things

Going to watch some TV while making one more towel topper, then going to work on the scarf for this gal at BK. She asked me how much and I just told her “a donation to a soup kitchen” Will it happen? Who knows? It’s not like it’s that big a deal if she doesn’t

Michele NC
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Ok … so interested in your opinions. I was gathering food off of my pantry shelves for a food pantry our church is donating to tomorrow. All of the food was good … none past expiration dates. I know this because I take a sharpie marker when I come home from the store and write the Best Buy date in large numbers that I can read quickly. Helps me use the oldest first and prevents waste. So many of the items I chose had this writing on them. My husband took a flip and refuses to donate these items as it’s “degrading” to the recipients? Huh? I’d be thrilled to know at a glance that the items are good. Am I wrong about this? Is writing on the cans/jars insulting? I was really surprised by my husband’s reaction.

Beth
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,720 Member
    Options
    Michelle,be like us and find a swanky restaurant and crash a wedding 😅
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    <3