WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I haven't taken the quiz but when I read "Quiet" by Susan Cain (I highly recommend the book), I learned about myself as an introvert and the realization changed my life.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

I just checked this out on my Kindle.🤗💖
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate the beginnings of a new month.

Here is the calendar for December. Feel free to copy and use it! My November goals were only at 74% but that is better than 50%! So I’ll take it. Was sick all month.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    3 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,6471,5327, 5211, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 220/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)98/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 0/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 48/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 11/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—
    7agh85gix51a.png
    j3u2t70b54vm.png

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member.
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one.
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day.
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today.
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »

Does anyone watch "Unsellable Houses" on HGTV? Lesley and Lindsey live here in Snohomish where DD and I live. In fact their company is who we worked with to buy this place.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

I love watching Unsellable Houses. I started watching BECAUSE it is in Snohomish. Love checking out the little antique places there when we would go visit my aunt in Lake Stevens. Not sure if/when we will be back up there. My aunt passed away and my friend from junior high that lived in Bothell now lives in AZ. I do have two cousins that still live up there.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,722 Member
    Options
    4fqv11wh42wd.jpg
    Little boy on his way to daycare this morning.
    I got enterntainer in the test..hmm interesting
    Do you have a Polish community nearby? Thats where i get the liquor filled chocolates at Christmas time.
    And they are pretty potent lol
    Have a neighbor that is all hyped up,and couldn't find a cord to charge her phone,i have a gazillion of them around,so I gave her one,and she was beyond thrilled.so my good deed done for the day..
    Dan wore one of his new coats to work and ripped it..
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Allie - I think that's a perfect analysis of you, a spontaneous spirit if there ever was one. I've yet to see one that I thought wasn't right for any of us. I like the conversations that can start from these analyses... but then I would, being a Logician! :smiley:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,248 Member
    Options
    Your jewellery tree is wonderful Rebecca. So many memories. What a great thing to do.

Soooo cold here at the moment. I am debating leaving the heat on overnight. We normally turn it off. Heat is so expensive right now, we limit the hours we run it.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I love the jewelry tree, both lit and unlit, as well as the key! What a lovely thing. Also love your Hokusai calendar. His seascapes, in particular, have always made me happy.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

walk w/family- 2hrs 7min 7sec, 99elev, 2.98ap, 84ahr, 99mhr, 6"33mi= 599c
    Strava app = 776c
    Housecleaning- 60min, laundry fold/put away, get camping stuff put together = 100c

Total cal 699
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to head up to mom's.
    I will catch up with all you ladies when I get home on Tuesday.
    I don't have MFP chat. on my phone (need to do that) so won't check in until I get home.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options

Gratitudes:
    Today’s gratitude: The Christmas tree scent filling the car on the way home from Freddie’s. No shin aches since Nov 28!

November intentions and summary.
    Summary,
    November average weight 131.3, 0.9 lbs less than October 133.2, but 0.3 lbs more than September 131.0. Won’t update ticker, maybe next month ;).
    Average steps 6855 way down from October’s 7635, due recuperating from shin pain, Meditation never even started.
    Dog walks way down, even before recovery mode.
    PT down a little, criss-cross with abs way down, we do what we like and are good at, not what we need to do! ;}
    Everything else ok-ish.

Details below.
    Move:
    steps: average more steps than May (7778)- 923 short of goal, recovery worth it.
    line dancing at least twice weekly – 100%
    chair yoga weekly when offered –150%, even did one day at home when not offered due book sale.
    PT daily-ish- basic 70%, dumbbells 147% criss/cross, abs 67%
    play with dogs-94-97%
    walk dogs-55%
    Fuel:
    less sugar than mfp allows-yep 236 g.
    CI<CO-94%
    Vitamins-87%.
    Live NOW:
    Joe-100%
    Readings-100%
    Open heart and mind before mouth – couple of times, needs more work.
    Squeeze in some mindfulness meditation. Bupkes.
    December intentions
    Move -average more steps than May (7778), twice weekly line dancing, weekly chair yoga when offered, YouTube when not, daily-ish basic PT, play with and walk dogs, every other day 2 sets dumbbells, criss-cross with abs, hip openers, seated twist and block ab lifts.
    Fuel -dailyish less sugar than mfp allows, CI<CO and vitamins.
    Live NOW- dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day so can open heart and mind before mouth.
    Machka happy for your first day of summer. In January I’ll be jealous, but wouldn’t enjoy the holidays nearly as much if it were hot then… ;)
    Annie ((hugs)) it’s always shocking when hospice discussions make what you’re facing so very real ((hugs)).
    Heather your “sludgy colors” painting made me smile, though “earth tones” are my least favorite. The energy of your art conquers all!
    Lanette https://www.overdrive.com/media/2100342/one-small-step-can-change-your-life
    Available for free from our library, yours might offer too, the reading app is “Libby” and the library/collection website is overdrive.com.
    Kylia the wait for prescriptions is crazy but becoming situation normal. I’ve always avoided the mail-order options for medicare part D, but am considering this year as the prescriptions might arrive faster direct from them than from a distribution center to our local pharmacy (one of two in town ;{ ). SMH. Wonder if hospital emergency rooms have supplies? Amazed you trust your SIL with your medical power of attorney, that she is the best possible choice. Ouch.
    Beth con VERY grats on the 2.5 lbs gone gone gone!
    Tina please do do something for yourself with your “me time” and that does NOT include cleaning. :laugh:
    Rebecca Wow, what a gift from your sister. :heart: :heart: :heart: and :Love: the key. Looked again at each piece. And WOW, didn’t realize the tree had lights! :love: :love: :love:
    Rita three months sober? Bravissima!!!
    Debbie safe travels and enjoy your candy making time with your mom.

Haven’t done the personality test, maybe later. Anyone care to guess? ;)
    12/1 so far: Move: sets PT w/, dogs to powerline, Steps:
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp= CI<CO net= vits=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, M, tire swap, Post Office, bank, Freddie’s, plain fudge yesterday, pecan fudge today,. Wt:131.2 [/spoiler

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,935 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    :)Rebecca,I take great satisfaction in balancing my checkbook. for me it is a puzzle to solve. <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,919 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Does anyone watch "Unsellable Houses" on HGTV? Lesley and Lindsey live here in Snohomish where DD and I live. In fact their company is who we worked with to buy this place.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

I did while I was in Canada. When we got back, I discovered that they are on occasionally here on one of the free-to-air channels.

M in Oz