WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Allie ... explain the sand table photo to me. I can see what I think is sand and some driftwood ... what all do you have in there?

Beth

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Barbara near Brookings - I missed your “where do you camp” question. Florence. Love, love, love that town. Beach, lakes, forests - it’s magical. Brooking’s beach is prettier and Harris is awesome, but I’m drawn to Florence. You are fortunate to live where you do. Enjoy every bit of it!!

Annie- hugs upon hugs upon hugs! Glad the hospice nurse is good,

I’m still at work 😩 so must go. I hope everyone had or is having a good day.

Hey, I love Florence too. My fathers ashes are scattered at our childhood vacation spot at Mercer Lake. We asked the owners (kids of the owners that we used to play with when we were kuds😁) and they said , "oh we have zillion of ashes all over this place" lol. I learned to swim, to water ski and to catch salamanders.👍🏼
    Nice to meet you!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • VeryVeggieVegan
    VeryVeggieVegan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - what an amazing place to grow up!! We’re hoping to get a place on Woahink after I retire and we travel for a few years. Good to meet you too!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Good morning (Pacific time)! I’ve enjoyed reading your posts. You seem to know each other well and are incredibly supportive! Glad I found you!!
    Have a fabulous day!
    Laurie

Where are you, I’m in California now

I’m in the Sacramento area. Looks like there are a few ladies on the west coast. My goal is to retire on the Oregon coast. We camp there every summer and it’s so beautiful and peaceful! Worth the winter weather.

I am in the Napa Valley area and have friends up in Sacramento
    WELCOME.
    A bit late with the welcome- I was at my mom's up in Alexander Valley the past few days.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,128 Member
    Options
    Photos - Every year my son does one of those online albums with the best photos of the year from their phones. I imagine it's quite pricey, but it's very smart, bound in navy blue. The kids love looking through it. So they will have a yearly record. You could do the same thing with any kind of photo. Theme it if you like. I don't know how long it takes him, but his wife is very grateful. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Depending where you get it done, they're not that expensive.

https://www.officeworks.com.au/print-copy/p/hard-cover-photo-book-pcpgpbhdcp ... this is $28.95 for:
    • The inside pages are printed on 150gsm paper.
    • Choose from the following linen look cover options; pure black, navy, and bright red.
    • Choose from the following leather look cover options; black or navy.
    • You can print a minimum of 20 pages/10 sheets, and a maximum of 120 pages/60 sheets (Extra page charges apply).

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Edie at the Cyclo-cross on Sunday, when we looked after Bea.
    vkxhv7bcryu3.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,101 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Lanette, so sorry to hear of your nephew's wife. My heart goes out to them, especially the children.

And thank you for the encouragement! I am already tempted to add stairs to my ten minutes of walking, but that's just my impatience.

Ginny yes I am grateful for hospice. My dad is thinking about a stair lift, and I hope hospice can talk him out of it. It's good to have another player without dementia.

Heather, yes, sounds snazzy!

Hope the flooding is manageable for you all and your animals.

We have a slower day planned today, although the social worker might show up. I should trim Teddy's nails. Maybe some laundry.

Annie in Delaware