WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    And Today is My Day! See if you can figure out which ones! Pick 3! ;)B)

3pd600vf9oj4.jpeg
    3bww0i2yyjbt.jpeg

RVRita
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Rita, The day you joined MFP is on your profile.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Went to church this morning, then farrier was here this afternoon to trim horse and goat feet. DD and I each got the dog some Christmas treats and she apparently is allergic to one of them. She had eaten them for 2 days and was majorly itchy starting yesterday afternoon. She is a labradoodle and does not shed but we were finding little tufts of hair all over and she was miserable. Gave her Benedryl and she seems better today but it seems to make her sleepy for a while after she has it. Guess we will get rid of those treats.

DD is working overtime on these December weekends but gets the week between Christmas and New Year off with pay. She works in the Archie McPhee warehouse so lots of mail order just now.

Rebecca - wish you lived closer. Our church is doing a Christmas cantata and we could use some more singers.

KJ - my DH taught high school for many years and we could not go out to eat without running into at least one of his students working at the restaurant we went to.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

I would be there in a New York minute if I could!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Tracy, forgot to mention beautiful paintings!💖🤗
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Annie - So glad the job with your mom is getting easier, and sounds like your dad is being helpful. Glad the nurse is coming today and your cousin and the cleaning ladies. Nice to have your helpers show up. <3

Kylia - your trees and decorations are so beautiful; all of you ladies are putting me in the Christmas spirit! <3 Thank you. I plan to do my big shopping spree this Friday. Gift cards and a few food-type things like nuts. Seems everyone I know is avoiding sugar as much as possible these days. :p

Rebecca - I meant to comment what a nice thing your sis did sending you that recipe card.

Joy - I know it will be a relief to have the seed cleaning machine unloaded and safe at your farm. Is it going to be placed into a shed or barn? Nice to have neighbors with the big equipment to help with all of this. Bet Lucy will look great with her holiday haircut. :)

Carol - I agree, it's fun looking up the descriptions of folks who are posting their "type." Pretty amazing how close some of us are. :)

Tracey - hope your foot is doing better today.

There were a LOT of different craft sales, store special sales, events for families to attend around here this past weekend. Lots of Santa appearances. And here I thought he was at the North Pole with the elves????? :D I wonder how the turnout was at these events. One of the local thrift stores that was having big sales on new Christmas toys for kids closed early on Saturday because of no customers and announced on FB 50% off on everything to the end of the month.

Barbara - same with your shin! I wonder if this cooler and/or damp weather is affecting us? Who needs the weatherman?

Most food banks around here will take canned goods up to six months to a year past the "best by" date. I read somewhere the cans with the pull-tops don't stay good as long as the ones that need a regular can opener.

No threat of flooding at my house - my house is at the top of a hill and I'm not near any rivers or wetlands. I'm sure the chicken run will have some standing water in areas and the soil there will be pretty wet, but with the warmer temperature I'm not too concerned. They can get into their little coop if they don't like wet feet; it will only be a couple days and will drain quickly once the rain stops.

Speaking of, I need to head out and see what the girls are up to. If no one is in the coop I'll do a quick clean.

Make it a fabulous week! <3

Lanette B)
    Soggy SW WA State

Yes, she has always been so thoughtful like that. When I told her I had lost all my recipes, it was just in passing, but she remembered and sent the new really flowery decorated recipe book with about 20 recipes from our family. Didn't get the microwavable peanut brittle recipe though. Need to look that one up online.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    Yesterday stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 13min 24sec, 102elev, 2.68ap, 83ahr, 6.06mi= 611c
    Strava app = 742c
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 20min 33sec, 202elev, 2.65ap, 88ahr, 106mhr, 6.23mi= 603c
    Strava app = 764c
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Photos ...

Mine are on my computer and backed up on an external hard drive. Quite a few are also on Flickr.

I probably have some older ones (pre-2000) somewhere but my father and I have scanned some in from time to time so some of the older ones are on computer too.

Then I have my computer background scrolling through sets of them so I get to see them every day.

Machka in Oz
  • VeryVeggieVegan
    VeryVeggieVegan Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Barbara near Brookings - I missed your “where do you camp” question. Florence. Love, love, love that town. Beach, lakes, forests - it’s magical. Brooking’s beach is prettier and Harris is awesome, but I’m drawn to Florence. You are fortunate to live where you do. Enjoy every bit of it!!

Annie- hugs upon hugs upon hugs! Glad the hospice nurse is good,

I’m still at work 😩 so must go. I hope everyone had or is having a good day.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,356 Member
    Options
    Picked up Bea. Bit cold and rainy, but we were entertained by her! She played for a while in the playground. My thigh started to play up on the way back to their house, but it just made it and it recovered after a sit down. My son drove us home. :smiley:
    The hospital texted me to say that they had received my referral for physio. Of course, there is a waiting list.
    He asked us to babysit on Thursday night so they could go to a cycling club dinner. He will pick us up and drop us off, so not too onerous. I expect we will order fish and chips for delivery. At least their house is now warm. Before the renovation, we had to dress for the Arctic.
    They are hoping to get the living room sorted out next weekend and then the underfloor heating switched on in there. At the moment, it's still a storage room.
    For some reason, a couple of our good glass tumblers have broken over the last year. We use them for lunchtime drinks and bedside water. They are the heavy base kind. Even use them for painting water if required. So I've ordered a set of four new ones.
    Tomorrow I won't be writing as I'm going for lunch with G. She will park in our street as there is a train strike and we will get the bus in. I did a good session today - very philosophical! :) Hair washing and face putting on will be required. Smartish restaurant, but they do a cheaper 'working lunch'.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Got to see my little guy this afternoon for a few minutes ,he is a hoot..
    He is chatting up a storm
    And he said tonight bye grandma and blew kisses..and he showed me santa claus and mrs 🎅 🤶 and the kid is a chow hound he is eating alot.. blueberries,crackets colby jack cheese,annies mac and cheese and a biscuit..and instead of french toast for breakfast ,he had meatballs lol