WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    I forgot who asked about the plantar facitis splint,but got it on Amazon,basically it pulls the top of your foot towards your calf, so that it keeps the heel taught.
    That,and icing,and cortisone and orthotics helped mine a whole lot.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Debbie, great photos of son and girlfriend decorating your tree. That's nice that they did that for you. My sons only decorated the tree when they were young, but once they hit middle, and high school, it just wasn't cool I guess. It became "moms thing". They did like exploring the tree though, looking for specific ornaments etc. So that was cute.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Son and I did it together most years. Yes, there were a few of his teen years he didn't help but then he started again. Then Rovin came into the picture and they do the tree. I miss he and I doing it but love having them doing it together.

As long as they do it to your liking, its all good right!?😁💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

they do it just like he and I used to- I will go add a few more things and move a couple(because there are a few glass OLD ones at the bottom and the kitten touched it-that is how I noticed where it was)
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

The hospice nurse will be here tomorrow. I'm hoping I can overcome my fears and discuss the chair lift openly. My family has a huge passive-aggressive tradition. Now it's worse because my dad slips away from conversation or doesn't remember it.

So he goes off and does his own thing, like putting our data into a Web site for ads for chair lifts, without any discussion. It makes me suspect that he doesn't value my input and advice, even though he says he does. Then I intercepted the incoming phone calls and said we were not interested. It worked, and he seems to have forgotten the issue, but he's still not talking
    about it.

I have horseback riding today, but it's really cold. And I'm not sure dad can be trusted to stay with mom. I will probably go anyway, part of supporting my mental health by leaving the
    house twice a week. Getting a sitter is another thing I could discuss with Dad. Last time he left mom to go get a prescription. Both of them are in denial.

Hmm. Family communication. What a tricky thing.

Annie in Delaware

Annie- the "lift chair" is that the type that is for the stairs to take her up and down or the type like a recliner that helps her to stand up from sitting down?

The recliner type would be good for your mom but also for your dad.
    We have one at my MIL's house-bought it from a friend. MIL didn't want it, said we were stupid for buying it, but it was great having it after her fall and still. She uses it almost 24/7. Eats in it , sleeps in it, watches tv, etc. (spends too much time in it but that is up to her)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    After work went to WalMart. Made the chicken bacon ranch pasta for the ceramic party Sat. (want the flavors to meld). Have to leave in about ½ hr to get my car inspected.

Guess I’m fortunate that I don’t have to do a lot of geneology. My mother and father are both first generation Americans. Now Vince...his family has been in the US since before the civil war.

Tracey – the Santa Hot Tub put a big smile on my face.

Barbie – good that you didn’t have the big ranfalls. We’re in sort-of the same situation. We’re at the foothills of the mountains so when the weather comes from the West (which it usually does), it breaks up so we don’t get as much rain, etc. Then it reforms when it gets further East.

Annie – despite everything, glad you’re still doing the horseback. You deserve it

kylia – have a great weekend

Rebecca – Oh, Athena and Eli. Thanks for sharing

Off to get the car inspected

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Debbie I meant a chair lift that you ride up the stairs. It's too much expense for the month or two that she might use it. Even now, she could easily fall off.

Excellent that you had a good talk with your mother in law. Sometimes you get to be proud of saying your piece and setting your boundaries, and her response is a bonus. Good for you!

I had to cancel horse, even though you ladies support it for me. Thank you! It was too cold and wet out. We had a touch of snow this morning.

Mom got dressed by herself this morning. Yay! She is sleeping now. I am going to get a book out.

Sue hope you and your animals are okay. I see that goats get hoof rot from standing in the mud.

Lanette, hope your chickens can get up out of the wet.

May we all be warm, dry, safe and healthy.

Annie in Delaware

I have kept my mouth shut for most of the past 33 yrs. DH always told me to not say anything because it would make it harder on him. Can't get much worse than what she is putting him through now. Someone needs to stand up to her. Got tired of going home with a bloody tongue from biting it so much. After a while I chose to not be over there unless absolutely had to. Didn't help dh but if I couldn't speak up, I didn't want to be around her. Kept son away from her for a few years because of the way she was talking, especially when all she did was talk about killing herself. Couldn't have 12/13 yr old son hearing that when he was already having some depression issues.
    When she fell, I had to be there to help and she actually appreciated the help for a while, then when she was getting better and I stepped back on the amount of help I was giving her so she would continue to get better, the mean person in her came back and she is back to her mean nasty self again.

Debbie

Time to go walk the wetlands if it isn't raining/windy too much. If it is, I will sit in the car and wait for Ezie to get out of school. May just do a quick walk to the river.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Heather- John is a gem he is up for anything with those kids,gotta love it..
    They are putting new carpet out in the hallway..will take a picture once its done.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :) I just came home from getting my RSV shot. Usually Jake and I go together but we still can't leave Annie alone at home or in the car so we had to separately, Jake in the morning and me this afternoon. One more change to our orderly life.

:)Lisa I tried acupuncture for six weeks a few years ago. It did cure what aimed me but it was a relaxing experience and if I'd had the money I would have continued

<3 Barbie in NW WA 💖
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Rori - So many hugs for you about Amy. My female friends are some of the biggest loves of my life. They are so entwined with us. It's good to take the time to grieve. <3

Back home now. :) The parents had a really good time.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 24min 47sec, 2.75ap, 172elev, 88ahr, 104mhr, 6.71mi= 670c
    Strava app = 823c