WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Pip - neat photograph, I can see why he won! :p Sweet that he'll be a "calendar pup" lol. Great Christmas present idea for Kirby and others.

Joy - so glad the seed cleaner came and everything went smoothly. What a nice thing for the owner to deliver it without charging like that or even accept diesel. There are really a lot of wonderful folks out there. Thank you for sharing that story. <3

I see Dr, Chatterjee has an interesting guest on his podcast today. I haven't watched it yet but here's a sentence from the description: “It’s not that exercise is an antidepressant, it’s that not exercising is a depressant.” Food for thought!

Good news, the water is going down a bit in the chicken run AND the river at the bottom of the hill crested at around 6 this morning, water is slowly receding. Still a little rain in the forecast so it will take its time.

Lanette B)
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,507 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the comments on the sand table,yes its uber heavy with about 6 bags of play sand in there and alot of shells,some from my mom,but alot from Florida and Sanibel..my happy place..
    Went to Aldi,Sams and Costco today.. holy moly Costco was hopping. I wore earplugs and just got what I needed.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Pip that is such a sweet pic of Yogi! Congrats on the win.

Joy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    It was just nice to meet up with G and chat. We talked about POA, which I must resume mentioning to John. Hard to drop it in casually, when it's such a burning issue with me. She hasn't done one, but knows she must.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I am trying to find a way to talk to my mom about this too. I will do it after the holidays. Need time when it is just the two of us and the room mate is not there-
    Mom says she is ready to kick the lady out- hope she does and doesn't back down again.

Debbie

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    Debbie, great photos of son and girlfriend decorating your tree. That's nice that they did that for you. My sons only decorated the tree when they were young, but once they hit middle, and high school, it just wasn't cool I guess. It became "moms thing". They did like exploring the tree though, looking for specific ornaments etc. So that was cute.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Son and I did it together most years. Yes, there were a few of his teen years he didn't help but then he started again. Then Rovin came into the picture and they do the tree. I miss he and I doing it but love having them doing it together.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    My dad only did his when he got the cancer diagnosis in the hospital, i hounded him for nearly 20 years for something like that and it never happened.
    I have mine all set,and I tried to talk to Tom when we were together to do it too. I think he might have after all was said and done..with his moms death without ,and me making decisions for his dad. I don't want to leave any of that to my kids..
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- shortened walk, 1hr 19min 55sec, 69elev, 2.76ap, 85ahr, 102mhr, 3.85mi= 452c
    Strava app = 473c
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Debbie, great photos of son and girlfriend decorating your tree. That's nice that they did that for you. My sons only decorated the tree when they were young, but once they hit middle, and high school, it just wasn't cool I guess. It became "moms thing". They did like exploring the tree though, looking for specific ornaments etc. So that was cute.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Son and I did it together most years. Yes, there were a few of his teen years he didn't help but then he started again. Then Rovin came into the picture and they do the tree. I miss he and I doing it but love having them doing it together.

As long as they do it to your liking, its all good right!?😁💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    Ginny- exactly what I was thinking! She had some trouble earlier tonight, but she made it up the stairs again. She is a tough woman.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    <3