What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    Starting the week off with stationary bike, the usual 15k + 3' CD, mostly Z3 again.

Schedule for the rest of the week may not be the usual bike/row alternation, and might have to skip working out altogether on Wednesday. I'm a bit over 2 days ahead of schedule with the Holiday Challenge, so if I do have to skip a day I still have enough meters to accommodate my regularly scheduled rest day on Sunday. We'll see how it works out.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    push day for me yesterday.

3x8 barbell bench press
    3x8 weighted dips
    3x12 machine flys
    3x15 DB lateral raises
    3x15 machine skullcrushers
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,008 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    DB Press <superset> DB Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated BB OHP 5x5
    Standing BB OHP 3x5

Lifting after work is so much different from lifting BEFORE work. Tons of people (had to adjust some of my routine on the fly).
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Machine row day. For some reason(s), I was having trouble keeping heart rate down where I wanted it. From watching the monitor in real time, I think it was partly mood-generated extra power per stroke, plus just running a slightly higher heart rate (by a beat or three) for any given power output.

I don't like to significantly decrease power per stroke (because of how I've been coached), but did drop strokes per minute down to 15-16 a lot of the time, even 14 sometimes . . . that's about as low as I can go steadily and still keep the stroke sequence smooth.

Ended up 40% Z4 anyway, 46% Z3. Peaked at 151 bpm, which is only around midpoint Z4. It felt OK.

Still thinking my schedule may rule out a workout tomorrow, but I'm more than 2 days ahead on meters for the Holiday Challenge, so that's not a big deal as long as I stay on track afterward. I'm at a bit over 140k of the 200k I need by the end of Christmas Eve.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    pull day yesterday.

3x8 weighted pullups
    2x12 x 2x8 Lat Prayers superset with neutral grip machine rows
    3x12 cable bicep curls.
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yoga yesterday.

Resistance band workout today. Nothing too exciting!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Fly 3x10
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Machine Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Lateral Raise 3x10
    Machine Curl <superset> Machine Pushdown 3x10 (both 3-second negatives)
    DB Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl <superset> DB Tricep Skull-Crusher 3x10
    Perloff Press 3x15sec <superset> Cable Crunch 3x10

My son came with me to the gym, so modified my workout slightly to accommodate the equipment he has at his home gym to show him what he can continue to do without me. Felt weird acting as personal trainer, demonstrating technique, talking about exercise/weight selection, do's and don'ts and everything else. Overall the workout took longer than normal, but we had a great time.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    As predicted, skipped working out yesterday. I don't like to work out later in the same day after seeing my osteopath (who does manipulation for some musculo-skeletal issues I have), and I had a busy day before I saw him so didn't fit in a workout.

Today, decided to go back to bike, which I think will make the rest of the week work out better. It was a little too energetic for my current plan, 21% Z4, HR peak at about 83% max . . . oh, well, not too extreme. The usual 15k + 3' CD, 116W average over the whole 39 minutes.

Earlier in the day, a casual 3.1 mile walk with a friend. It was a pretty nice day for mid-December here, sunny and mid-40s F (around 7-8 C).
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 4x15
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    BB RDL 3x10
    Leg Extension 3x10
    Lying Leg Curl 3x10
    Calves Extend 3x15

My knee behaved itself nicely today.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My week so far:

Monday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.2lbs

Tuesday
    Workout: 7 miles crosstraining
    Weigh In: 108.0lbs

Wednesday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.8lbs

Thursday
    Workout: 7 miles crosstraining
    Weigh In: 108.0lbs
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Rowing machine, usual recent format, 8,353 total pseudo-meters across the pieces, row in/out, and cool down. 78% Z3, 5 whole seconds Z4, remainder below. Pieces averaged 2:33.5 split, 19spm, pretty moderate as usual.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 5 miles walk
    Weigh In: none

Saturday
    Workout: 10 mile run
    Weigh In: 107.8lbs

Looking forward to hot yoga tomorrow.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Back to stationary bike, the usual 15k + 3' CD, moderate: 116W average, 84% Z3 (literally one second Z4 :D ) and the remainder lower.

Fun lunch with about 10 of my rowing club friends today, but entirely eating/drinking/socializing with no exercise, since it's past normal on-water rowing season now weather-wise.

Rest day planned tomorrow.
  • laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Have done very little all week tbh apart from a little yoga and resistance band training. Horse riding today but he was very spooky (out of character to say the least) so we only managed 2.7k. Did nothing the past few days other than a few short walks.

I have a new fitness/workout app I want to try but holding off paying for it until I get my mojo back.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Logging is hrad.

I've been active, swimming most days when I've not climbed.

Saturday was fun. A bunch of us met up to climb early. I was in the best form for a while, getting 3 v4s. One was a fingertip away from a flash. (I redid the move with a pop to get it second time.)

Today was a very hilly, very muddy 13 mile walk. I mis-timed it a bit, and finished after dark. I stopped to take a photo at the top of the last hill, as the view over Dorking at night was nice. I was suddenly surrounded by cows who snuck up on me. I am scared of cows; they are far more dangerous than sharks (probably).
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,199 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    Logging is hrad.

I've been active, swimming most days when I've not climbed.

Saturday was fun. A bunch of us met up to climb early. I was in the best form for a while, getting 3 v4s. One was a fingertip away from a flash. (I redid the move with a pop to get it second time.)

Today was a very hilly, very muddy 13 mile walk. I mis-timed it a bit, and finished after dark. I stopped to take a photo at the top of the last hill, as the view over Dorking at night was nice. I was suddenly surrounded by cows who snuck up on me. I am scared of cows; they are far more dangerous than sharks (probably).

You're probably right. They say cows kill more people than sharks.

I’m surprised cows kill any sharks at all.

• justgirl81
    Options
    Sunday
    Workout: 10 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.4lbs

I overslept and didn't make it to yoga. Will try for next Saturday or Sunday.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

You're probably right. They say cows kill more people than sharks.

I’m surprised cows kill any sharks at all.

Lol.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Seated Smith OHP 3x5

Those online calculators which predict your expected 1RM based on reps at a lower weight are liars. Per last week's workout, I should be easily clearing 295 bench, but on my last set today I barely managed one rep at 275. Even taking into account it was the last working set of a heavy day, I don't see me increasing by 20+ pounds simply by doing it a tad earlier.