What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• laurachambers86
    laurachambers86 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    @drmwc sounds like you are local to me, I am just outside Reigate *waves*

Today I walked just over 5k first thing and then went to the gym this afternoon for an hour or so. Mainly focusing on core and arms.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @laurachambers86 nice, I'm in Epsom so we are pretty close.

I went climbing today. We practiced dynamic movement (running and jumping to launch ourselves at holds.) It was really good fun; I was actually moving pretty well. I have no idea what grade I got, as we made up our own moves. If we nailed it, we then aimed at holds further away to ensure we fell off.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    After spending a few hours cleaning the house, I went out to the gym.

This actually was the first time I have done strength training since before my Grand Canyon trip in April. I usually don't go to the gym in the summer. I had started to get back and did some swimming, then I got sick again. I took it a bit easy dialing back all the weight I had been moving last time I was there. I was able to do three sets of most of my exercises with the weight I had; for a few, I couldn't get in my 15 reps. Oh well. Slow and steady! The sauna was a nice way to finish. I might go swim tomorrow.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    Rowing machine, 8,396 pseudo-meters, usual recent format, 77% Z3 and remainder below as per plan, 2:33.2 average pace at 19 spm average on the 2k/1k pieces. . . but there was quite a bit of 15-16 spm in the later bit as HR ranged upward, even 13 spm for a short time. Bonus: I'm getting smoother power application at lower spm with this practice.

Mostly, I worked on right stroke sequence (separating legs-body-arms on the drive then prepping position correctly in the other direction the opposite way). Basics!

I watched a Dark Horse Rowing video today about how he teaches an absolute beginner . . . pretty much 30-some minutes on the details of that basic stroke sequence in elaborate detail. I was curious about how different his approach was from what I tell new rowers. (Answer: not very different at all). It was also a good prep for working on basic sequence today myself.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Monday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 107.8lbs
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    2500 yard swim.

Fifty laps (100 lengths) in a 25-yard pool.

Was supposed to be recovery from yesterday's weights, and it felt good. I usually swim with "zoomers" fins. I took them off for the last ten laps. Sometimes if I leave them on too long they wear out the top of my feet until I get used to them. I didn't want to risk it. Boy howdy it sure does seem like I'm swimming SO MUCH slower without fins. The data show a slow-down, but not all that much. Average pace was about 2 minutes 20 seconds per 100 yards the first 80 lengths and 2 minutes 40 seconds the last 20.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Bike night, the usual 15k + 3' CD for a total of 16,163 meters without moving an inch across my living room. 111W average across the whole thing, HR well behaved (81% Z3, remainder below).
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer, 1 mile walk
    Weigh In: 109.0 lbs

I'm disgusted with my weight. 5lbs above my norm. That's 5lbs steady increase in 2 years.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    @drmwc my horse is in Epsom so I know it well! Spend most Sundays on the Downs, lovely area.

Yesterday I did a home workout with dumbbells and resistance bands, followed by about 20 minutes of yoga. This morning I had a very early start for work so just managed 20 minutes of yoga. Spent majority of the day in my car so made sure I had a nice walk after work.
  • AnnPT77
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Wednesday is another machine row day this week, the usual format, total of 8,321m including the row in/outs and cool down, sticking with moderate 2:32.1 pace and 17 spm average on the pieces. HR stayed do nicely, peaking just below the top of Z3. HR running low today for the pace, only 62% Z3. It's interesting how HR response varies from one day to the next, even at similar workload.

I'm 2.3 days ahead of where I need to be to hit the C2 Holiday Challenge goal, 10,632m yet to go by Christmas Eve.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    Machine Fly 3x10
    BB Row 3x10
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    DB Front Raise <superset> DB Lateral Raise 3x10
    DB Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl <superset> DB Triceps Skull-Crusher 3x10
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 8 mile crosstrainer, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 109.2 lbs
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Stationary bike, 15k + 3' CD for a total of 16,255 pseudo-meters, moderate intensity as usual (nothing above upper Z3).
  • justgirl81
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Thursday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer, 1 mile walk
    Weigh In: 108.7 lbs

Goals:
    1. Reach 104.0lbs by 1/1/24
    2. Punch in 30 minutes early every day (be an Outstanding employee).
    3. Read 1 chapter Bible every day.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Friday, rowing machine, same format, 8,339m all in one spot including the row in/out and CD; at average pace of 2:32.6 and 17 spm on the pieces. Moderate as usual, 75% Z3 and remainder below. Mostly working on shoulders extended but down/connected, getting the position right out of the finish and holding it until knees are almost flat during the drive.

I hit my 200k goal for the Concept 2 Holiday Challenge during tonight's workout, with two days to spare. As of tonight, total is at 205,835m since November 23 (US Thanksgiving). Bike meters count half.
  • justgirl81
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 107.7 lbs (progress)

Goals:

• laurachambers86
    Options
    45 minute home workout. Barbell squats, dumbbell press, dumbbell curls, bridge with band, weighted dead bugs, single arm rows, lots of others I can't remember! All in sets of 3x12.

3km walk this afternoon and need to do some yoga later.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Stationary bike again, stayed with the same 15k + 3' CD format for a total of 16,260m, a moderate 114W, 72% Z3 and remainder below.

Tomorrow is a rest day, don't know if I'll get a workout in Monday (Christmas), and it's possible I'll take a few days off as sometimes happens over the holidays.

Sooner or later, I'll be back with a slightly different activity mix. I feel yucky if I sit around for too long, not active.
  • laurachambers86
    Options
    Horse riding today. Have noticed I've lost my confidence, seems to happen at this time of year but I don't know why... so I took a route I know well with few surprises (apart from high winds!) And just enjoyed myself with no pressure.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in

Sunday
    Workout: 10 mile run
    Weigh In: 108.6 lbs

Goals: