WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Annie - so sorry. I hope things calm down soon. I like Matchka's suggestion for your dad.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Annie, I’m so sorry to hear of your mom’s passing. I hope you are able to get thru everything with minimal stress. Good that your sister is there right now.

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Some of the biggest roadblocks to clearing clutter are based on emotional baggage
    *I might need it
    *I used to use it all the time
    *It's filled with memories of my _______
    *My _______ might want it
    *It's worth a lot so I can't just give it away
    *I need to find the right person to give it to

Those are only the ones that came to mind immediately. Once I had a plan for what I needed, the actual clearing was simple.

:) Another good clutter clearing tip is to stop buying things that aren't consumable

<3Allie sorry to hear about your fall

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Mine is ... there's just so much of it. Where do I even start!?

And in order to make a decent start, I am going to need a large block of time with nothing else planned. Where on earth do I find one of those??

I thought I might get started last winter but it was one of my busier winters. And now it is summer and nothing is going to get done inside.

M in Oz

I highly recommend Dana K White’s 5-step decluttering process. She is famous for decluttering without making a bigger mess and “progress and only progress.” She would argue that 5 minutes can make a difference, and I believe she is absolutely right.

Where do you start? With the easy stuff: trash, duh donations, things that have an established home - take them there now.

You do not need a large block of time. You can stop at any time. You may not be done, but your space will be better than it was when you started. Little by little, you chip away at it.

I am on top of the things that take 5 minutes. 😀

Every couple days I go through and tidy.

Rubbish gets taken out once a week.
    The bathroom gets cleaned once a week.
    Laundry gets folded and put away every couple weeks.

I decuttered and organised the dressing room about 4 years ago. It could do with going through it again but it's not urgent because it is about 85% neat.

I decluttered and organised the bathroom about 3 years ago and touched it up about 3 weeks ago.

I've done some decluttering and organising in the dining room which I took over as my space about 5 years ago.

Most of the house is reasonably good.

Except for the big projects:
    - the home office
    - the basement

Those projects are beyond the 5 minute tidy. I would need a large chunk of time to get anywhere!!

I have spent occasional evenings in the home office over the past few years so there are small pockets of related items together in boxes here and there ... vague hints of order. But that's the most I have accomplished in there, so I know it will take more than one evening!

The kitchen could use some work too but it is tricky because it is my husband's domain and if I am going to do something with it, I need to have a plan and do it after he goes to sleep at night.

M in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Annie. Take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Oh Annie! So sorry for your loss. So glad that your sister is there to help you both through this. (((Hugs))) and prayers for the days ahead.

Take it one day at a time.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Friday 12/15: Dentist had a cancellation, moved crown prep up to Monday 12/18! Makes me more confident the crown will be placed before Jan 23 MOHS surgery on face.
    Belated welcome @bzemomjenn Jennifer in SC and congrats on taking of 87 lbs. Well done!
    Tracey con VERY gratulations. Would love to hear your Christmas Traditions presentation.
    Joy yum. Would you share your recipe? Do you make tarte au sucre as well?
    Allie that pic of Homer, my eyes welled up. ((hugs))
    Gina sorry for the loss of your aunt and for her daughter’s lack of grace. Your thoughtfulness counted even tho it wasn’t well received.
    Rosemarie yours to Annie about a relationship with a home health agency for brief respite and backup just in case. Congrats on finding the blouse in another color and on sale ;)
    12/14: Move: ZERO sets PT, . Steps:3011
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-1 CI<CO net=466 vits=.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, H, filing, track Marshmints, DDS, T’s ornament exchange. Wt: 133.2
    Just skimmed through pg 38. More tomorrow.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.
  • Machka9
    Options
    5ged9mm1tkcz.png
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Annie - condolences and sending strength your way as you and your sis and dad navigate through these next few days. <3 Thank you very much for keeping us in the loop,

((((HUGS))))

Lanette
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Annie My heart hurts for you and your family. (((HUGS))). We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Remember to BREATH.

Heather Your tea towel came out great!

Michele Your ability to know prices everywhere amazes me. My DH would like if I could do that. I ,however, choose to keep things simple because of time restraints. I get easily frustrated shopping around.

Not much here. Did gift giving with nephew's family last night. They were so appreciative. The kids are awesome. I got a new planner. Got one for my daughter and granddaughter as well. It is not one to leave laying about as it is full of cuss words, yet actually affirmations in a language they understand. ;) The first page says:
    You are an amazing human.
    You have an awesome ability to learn and grow.
    You will always be worthy of love.
    Thanks for coming to my TED talk, b**ch.

It is called the F*** It planner. I usually go for something more sarcastic, but felt this one was perfect to help make 2024 everything I want. I got all the important family birthdays in it last night. Step one to a 2024 goal!

I love all the decorations, crafts, baking, and cooking you all do. I am enjoying them.

Still have a few gifts to wrap and still need to do the other saran wrap ball. Had a headache last night, plus company. Finished laundry last night. Remade bed with fresh linens. Dinner was simple. Venison burger with rice and brown gravy, canned beets, and rolls. Easy peasy. DH liked it.

Won't be a white Christmas here. 59°F and rain are forecasted for Christmas day!

Better get my day going. We are off work Christmas and Tuesday.

Hugs as this is a really hard time of year for lots of us.

Encouragement to be selfish in your self care!

Grateful for the community of you all!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio also thankful that after tonight the daylight starts getting longer!

• Machka9
    Options
    43zdjsi6tovd.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Annie- my deepest condolences on the loss of your mom,Now here is something you might consider.. adult daycare..
    My FIL went to one for a few years,it was wonderful and it would give you time to do what you want to do.
    Like I said check into social services for and see what is available
    It was a Godsend.
    Doing laundry and going to go check it right now.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Annie - I’m so sorry for your loss. You will continue to be in my prayers.

Okie in the TX Hill Country