WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Big hugs Allie. So easily done! Hope you feel better soon. <3

John talked about all kinds of subjects with Max, including the difference between 'fairness' and 'equality'. I was having a nap. :D He took himself off to home around 2.45.

We just had egg sandwiches for dinner, because of the huge lunch. Then stewed apples and berries.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Worked then stopped at Big Lots. Christmas items are ONLY 25% off (no way!) and extension cords are full price. Then stopped at WalMart for apples since I thought I had another bag only I don’t. Home and made an applecrisp. Looks like I may get to go for my walk.

Oh, yesterday Amazon said they were going to deliver a package by 9. Well, 10:30 comes around and its not here. So Vince checks the tracking. It was in Fairway Acres (one block away from us). The next time he looked it was on its way back to Charlotte. Huh? So...he calls Amazon. The first person he spoke to couldn’t help any so he spoke to that person’s boss who agrees that since it was one block away, it shouldn’t be now delivered sometime between the 19 and 22nd. Vince said that there were Christmas gifts (that’s true) and the people he was going to give them to would be here on the 22nd (close to the truth). In the end they gave him a $50 gift certificate.

Apple crisp out of the oven. When it cools I’ll probably put it in the downstairs refrigerator.

Now made protein pancakes to have during the week.

Kim – the way the MD was talking, I got the impression that people in constant contact with children should get it, and since I only see PJ a few days/year, he didn’t feel that I needed it. Guess I really should get it after reading about it.

Annie – what can I possibly say??? All I can do is send you a very big virtual hug. Really wish your sister could stay with you for longer. Totally agree with Flea about your dad. Heartbreaking, that’s for sure

Kylia – I missed the katla update. How is she??? I’m going to go back and try to find it, hope I do. Update: I couldn’t find it

Lanette – that “free box” what is it supposed to be used for? Are items in there supposed to be for the homeless, maybe? If so, that’s horrible that she’s taking things and then selling them. I can’t help thinking of the saying “karma is a b****” I usually donate items to the Salvation Army. Which reminds me that the box for them is getting full which means it’ll be time for a donation. Actually, I was going to make one after exercise tomorrow only BK asked me to work so I guess it won’t get donated until next week. On another note: you’re right, I probably have shared every other germ with Vince. Aren’t I generous :)))))))

Allie= OH girl, glad you didn’t break anything. Hope that tylenol helps. Maybe BenGay, too?

Gifts for Jess and Colby just came from Amazon. Guess I need to get wrapping. Ceramics tonight. I'll probably put the second coat of clear glaze on my California Raisin and then start on my praying mantis. The first one I did is starting to chip and it was done about 8 years ago and I do think my painting has gotten better. The only thing is....the other gal drew the eyes for me and I don't think I can draw them as well. Wonder how I can do it. Maybe cut out the size of the pupil, but the white dot? Gotta think on it. hmmmm...gotta ask tonight if they still have the carbon paper.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Well I took tylenol and took a nap. I'll be sore..but it is a blessing that I didn't break anything..Im sure I'll be quite sore the next few days but thats the price you pay for being a klutz,Tom called to make sure I was ok..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 2min 18sec, 61elev, 2.95ap, 89ahr, 105mhr, 6.09mi= 599c
    Strava app = 746c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 18.05min, 203elev, 188aw, 23.4amph, 103ahr, 150mhr, 7.04mi= 153c
    Strava app= 195c
    Zwift stats- 18.06min, 204elev, 188aw, 54arpm, 23.37amph, 7.05mi= 195c

Total cal 752
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,943 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Some of the biggest roadblocks to clearing clutter are based on emotional baggage
    *I might need it
    *I used to use it all the time
    *It's filled with memories of my _______
    *My _______ might want it
    *It's worth a lot so I can't just give it away
    *I need to find the right person to give it to

Those are only the ones that came to mind immediately. Once I had a plan for what I needed, the actual clearing was simple.

:) Another good clutter clearing tip is to stop buying things that aren't consumable

<3Allie sorry to hear about your fall

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Mine is ... there's just so much of it. Where do I even start!?

And in order to make a decent start, I am going to need a large block of time with nothing else planned. Where on earth do I find one of those??

I thought I might get started last winter but it was one of my busier winters. And now it is summer and nothing is going to get done inside.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    A bag of chocolate chips for $1.69? They START at $3.99 here and go up for different brands or flavors.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I was curious so I looked them up ... they start at $5 here for 200 grams (7 oz) of chocolate chips. Although they are having a sale right now so it's $4/200 grams.

I haven't bought chocolate chips in years!

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kymarai wrote: »
    I use few chemicals in my house...dishwasher detergent and toilet bowl cleaner. I use mainly Norwex products. Any suggestions for a natural cleaner for cabinets and flat surfaces? I am looking forward to a deep clean when Christmas comes down. I realized to other day that my hallway wall still has the dirt on it from where my German Shepard use to lay against the wall. I can keep things picked up, but dusting or deep cleaning are low on my list which isn't good since DH is allergic to dust mites. So suggestions would be great! Thank you!

I need to set up bloodwork appointment. Ugh. Procrastination rearing it's head again. Need to get moving for today.

Lots of love and respect for all of you ladies!

Kylia in Ohio where winter has arrived for the second day

Natural cleaners? Vinegar and baking soda.

M in Oz

Kylia - I use a spray bottle of dish soap, vinegar, rubbing alcohol and water. Good for everything except windows and mirrors.
    It smells like window cleaner.
    Bicarb and vinegar should not be used together, despite YouTube videos, as one is acid and one alkaline, so they cancel each other out! Both good at separate tasks.
    I will see if I can find the exact recipe..

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Vinegar is for windows and mirrors.

Baking soda is for scrubbing the shower walls and bathtub.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Allie, Lisa, Michele: Katla is in a safe place with her daughter and grands nearby, but misses her mfp friends and Oregon. Don’t know how her husband is doing.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Has she, unfortunately, reached the point where she has too much difficulty logging on here?

Tell her we think of her!

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Annie: Such a difficult time for you, dear girl. You are doing a marvellous job, under dire circumstances. (((Hugs)))
    Barbara: It’s good to know that Katla is with her family.
    Machka: Also watching Christmas movies 😂
    Allie: Ouch! Take it easy m’dear.

We did our big Christmas shop early this morning. It was noticeable busier than usual, so I’m glad I don’t have to do it later in the week

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Got the presents wrapped for the grandchildren. :D Just got John's Father Christmas ones to wrap now. I usually just throw some tissue paper around them.
    Lots of cards came today and yesterday. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
    John is icing the cake right now. I'm going to make a big pot of ragu for tonight and the freezer. Having roasted cauliflower with it.
    G's skin problem is still terrible. Strong steroid cream now. She is miserable.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx