WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    Options
    Kylia - I use a spray bottle of dish soap, vinegar, rubbing alcohol and water. Good for everything except windows and mirrors.
    It smells like window cleaner.
    Bicarb and vinegar should not be used together, despite YouTube videos, as one is acid and one alkaline, so they cancel each other out! Both good at separate tasks.
    I will see if I can find the exact recipe..

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Good morning, Collette is coming today so I'm getting things picked up and counters cleaned off.

Rosemarie - isn't this a neat group of gals? Sounds like you have settled on getting some assistance in decluttering. <3

Also, I am surprised that others think you are up to helping with caregiving at this time. I would have been irked like Machka was. Already busy with her husband and sorting out her own life. Some people are natural born caregivers and would love to be in a position to help, but I don't think I can ever go that route again, although I enjoyed being a hospice volunteer.

Annie - thank you for the update on your mom, I am so happy to hear people are gathering around you in your mom's final days. <3 (((HUGS)))) <3 I would love to sit with your mom and be a companion for your dad during this time. During the final days of my mom's life, my dad was a basket case and he didn't have diagnosed dementia, but his thinking was certainly all messed up. Looking back, I wish I could have done a better job in being a support for him, but I know he appreciated just having me fly back to Indiana and being close.

Before I forget - regarding decluttering - I discovered the "Free Box" outside the dog groomer's, where I'd been dropping off some of my husband's clothing and even food bags, is being constantly raided by a gal who lives across the road from the box. As soon as people drop things off, she scoots over and hauls the nice stuff to her place, sorts through it, sells some things on Ebay and who knows what happens to the rest. :( . And here I thought poor people were stopping by to grab a jacket or pair of slippers for themselves. Those of us who thought the same thing aren't too happy about it, and her reasoning is "well, it's free, so why not?" This discussion took place in the community section on Facebook. :o

But, I know several other places in town that do have a free monitored clothing bank and I'll just rearrange my schedule and drop items off there since they generally don't open until later in the morning. And I'll still drop off items at the thrift stores that support the senior centers and charities.

Machka - I love the idea of your "ops shop" and "tip shop".

Michele - regarding that shot. My doc says that being around other people and being exposed to their germs actually strengthens our immune system. Maybe that's your doctor's reasoning. I would imagine you, being around a lot of people, have probably been exposed to every germ known to man by now and have generously shared them with Vince. :p

Better get crackin'. Make it a great day, ladies! <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    d9o2zexpqjcv.jpg
    My sink has never been so shiny!!! Cleans most things. For windows and mirrors, leave out the dish soap.
    I bought spray bottles from Amazon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate the Christmas Season.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 229/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 12/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 50/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Hugs to all that are having to deal with things.💖. You are all my heros, and have my admiration, and caring thoughts.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Only 2 things today but good ones!
    itj8dx08j0lg.png
  • Rosemarie2972
    Rosemarie2972 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie: What a miserable thing..taking a tumble. It is a relief that no bones are broken. I hope the tylenol helps and that you are able to rest.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Gratitudes:
    Tuesday 12/12: Dentist can see me tomorrow.
    Rebecca con VERY gratulations to your middle son for his accomplishment!
    Rita good catch and good reminder.
    Lisa, really hope the acupuncture gives you some relief. Beautiful pottery especially the bowl.
    Pip :love: the googly eyed reindeer on your fingernail. ((hugs)) for the hard season memories.
    Tracey well done on revising the presentation. Perfect mark? Of course! ;)
    Heather “some kind of genius” John with the grands, sounds about right. Your huge silver Indian balls and twigs decoration sounds lovely, crisp and wintry. Hope you posted a pic… ;)
    Machka lunch WITH your unit AND designed a db to improve the work? Well done!
    Annie hope Heather’s suggestions resonate and lift your load, especially asking the people at your Dad’s church for help. People appreciate the opportunity to help when it comes with direction… ;)
    Lanette ((hugs)) for your community, what a sad time.
    Lisa I’m with you on the patience with kids scale. Happy to drop in my my god daughter and her six, but an hour is about my limit. Way cool bellbottoms!
    Kim “hogwash” about the stages of grief, and pips “…no timetable to get over grief” Truth.
    Allie bittersweet memories of Talia before teenage years.
    Pg 31 bottom but chime reminded me time to get up and move!
    12/11: Move: ZERO sets PT, , line dance class, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8006
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=18, CI<CO net=370, vits=0.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, packed goodies and got into mail, one load laundry Wt: 131.8

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    December: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, meditate 3 minutes/day. Open heart and mind before mouth.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Oh no Allie! Please rest. Tylenol and ice.

Heather Thank you for that recipe. It is doable.

Lisa I am trying to remember to do small things (one bite). Like clearing off a counter and wiping it down. I tend to all or nothing-smh.

<3
    Kylia enjoying sunshine through the windows in Ohio

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    Recent painting my sister did.💖😁
    qahkmvoutq53.jpg
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

Love it!