<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,149 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Michelle Dozois Your Best Body Circuit DVD and then Leslie Sansone’s Walk your Hips and Thighs slim DVD then went to WalMart. Boy, I had to wait for one car before I could buy gas. Usually I don’t have to wait. Oh well, this is the holiday, everyone is out.

Came home and made more biscuits. Decided to just buy the Red Lobster biscuit mix as I couldn’t be bothered kneading again. Then made these M&M cookies. Had another batch and thinking I’d make two batches of the M&M cookies, but realized I only had an 18oz bag and that would be too much so decided to make the second batch chocolate chip. Then made fudge

We were supposed to go to a dinner for Vince’s train club and last night I got out these earrings. I asked Vince if he could fix them since I was thinking I’d wear them to the train dinner. Then he says “we’re not going”. He thought he’d be too busy decorating so he canceled. To be honest, in a way I was looking forward to it. Oh well…

Bowling tomorrow and then ceramics

Annie – so glad your sister is coming

Vince is now into the “clean up after getting ready for holiday” mode. He’s vacuuming the steps right now. I put the shower curtain that I made at the top of the steps. Maybe if I’m lucky he’ll put it up. It’s just a pain, I probably need to get new shower hooks that aren’t as much work. I can’t be cleaning right now since every ten minutes or so I have to jump up to take cookies out of/put in the oven. Update: success!!! he put it up for me

I texted Denise and Pete a few weeks ago that we were having our Christmas Eve on December 23 and we’d love for them to join us and to please let me know. Haven’t heard a word. Not that I was expecting to, tho. And I know that there’s no way they’re going to come surprise me.

Margaret – prayers for Jane

Rebecca – I don’t ever think I’ve seen a cuter penguin

Carol – have a great lunch

Debbie – YOU don’t want MIL living with you, but how does your dh feel about it? Will he feel guilty? He put up with her “attitude” (can’t think of an appropriate word) so how will he feel if she doesn’t have any place to live?

Have a cold right now, sneezing and all. No, I know it's not covid. Just sneezing.

Michele NC

Don't you and Vince talk to each other?
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »

Debbie – YOU don’t want MIL living with you, but how does your dh feel about it? Will he feel guilty? He put up with her “attitude” (can’t think of an appropriate word) so how will he feel if she doesn’t have any place to live?

Have a cold right now, sneezing and all. No, I know it's not covid. Just sneezing.

Michele NC

Sorry your evening out was canceled.

Dh said he would just make her a ward of the state- tell them she gave all her money away and now she has nothing. There is no way they could live together. He stayed there for a few months almost 24/7 when she fell and then now twice a day and he is about ready to drive off a cliff.
    He was ready(or says he is) to let someone else take over. They can have everything. I am hoping it never comes to that. His mother has not worked since before she married his dad-(met him while she was bar hoping in Tokyo, had a 2 yr old and FIL felt sorry for her so brought them here and married her- worst thing he ever did is what he told us so often). His dad was military and after retiring from Air Force, worked at the Naval Shipyard here in town. He paid for everything and now she is saying she is going to give it away.
    I would never live with her. I would leave. She would be happy with that. I would move in with my mom

It's her money, her house, her decision ... I would be inclined to let her go and let the chips fall where they may!
  • Machka9
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Spent a little time in the post office today.

It seemed like everyone else in line was mailing Christmas packages or collecting Christmas packages.

And I was mailing legal documents. Such a relief to get them out. When I wasn't in the garden or on my bicycle, I was working on them this past weekend.

I have not given or received a Christmas card or package this year. 😀

At work I have been attending a meeting marathon!! I had to duck out mid meeting at one point to get some water because there were no breaks between meetings. Everyone is trying to get last minute meetings in before the break.

I am also putting notes on everything so I will remember where I left off when I get back to work.

M in Oz

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,349 Member
    Options
    Machka: I don’t miss that last minute Christmas rush at work one bit.
  • Machka9
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Machka: I don’t miss that last minute Christmas rush at work one bit.

I wouldn't have minded the meetings if they were informative, and one was, but in the others they just wanted to chat. I could have used the time to work on my code.

Fortunately, they were all online meetings so I was able to get a few things done while everyone else chatted.

This is the first evening in ages where I've finished what I planned to do and could actually relax a bit!!

The things don't happen very often! I'm usually working on something right up till about 11:30 pm or midnight, and then I head to bed as quickly as possible so I can get about 7 hours of sleep.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate my siblings ( 2 brothers, 2 sisters, I’m the oldest)

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    4 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 229/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 8/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 50/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Today is Cookie Day! 8g4lzo6qenpv.jpeg
    jfljxku53vnh.jpeg