Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,582 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies icayfp19r7k7.jpg
    4sh31l2cb3nh.jpg
    6lzt9yett8b4.jpg
    Today is wreaths across america and my friend Carin and her husband Ray volunteer every year,and bless her they always take a picture of my parents grave for me which is so sweet..
    Kyle is being a grump this weekend,I was supposed to watch Miles tonight but he canceled going out and is in a funk,and takes it out on Tracy who bless her ,trys to keep everything calm and was looking forward to a night out..
    Oh well..
    Today I'll do some wrapping.. but only bringing one present for Miles as he will be overwhelmed. p2jzas76n6s5.jpg
    sp79je5k0ts9.jpg
    Tracy and Miles went to a youth services craft thing yesterday afternoon and they were the only ones there.. le0u95h8igav.jpg
    This is the painting I had done of Homer for Tom..and Elena

Beautiful painting of Homer!!!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    loenpiz7xy5g.jpg
    Another soothing Christmas Youtube video..
    Thanks Pip..
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- Lucy pushed in the buggy- 1hr 58min 23sec, 83elev, 3.06ap, 89ahr, 104mhr, 6.05mi= 589c
    Strava app = 742c
    Walk home to gym - 11.13min, .54mi= 81c
    Strava app = 66c
    Treadmill jog on incline- 26.29min, 5.7sp, 3incl, 10.36min mi, 135ahr, 171mhr, 2.5mi= 270c
    Walk gym to home- 12.03min, .55mi= 57c
    Strava app = 67c

Total cal 997

Decided to jog on an incline
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    I made the almond flour "chaffle" in my waffle iron just now, it turned out great. No sticking. Sprayed the waffle iron with LouAnn coconut oil spray. Taste is very good, like a light and airy regular waffle. Here's what it looks like:
    3nsz5p290cxc.jpg

The recipe again if anyone wants it:
    2li4774vkdki.png
    I just put all ingredients in a bowl, mixed thoroughly with a little whisk, poured it onto the hot waffle iron at setting #3 which I think is a medium time setting.

Total for one "chaffle" - 11 grams protein, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams carbs, 26 grams fat - 11 of those are from the mayo. This is a keto type recipe, so not worried about the fat.

Lanette B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    Options
    Some of the things I did when my husband came home from hospital after his brain injury ...

- ordered groceries (and other things) online and had them delivered.
    - arranged for a landscaper to come and mow the lawn once a month.
    - had a housecleaner come once ... unfortunately that didn't work as well as I had hoped as it distressed my husband terribly

- at home, I play a lot of the songs he remembered from years ago. That usually make him relax.
    - when we watch TV, it's usually comedies or home and garden shows and that sort of thing. Rarely anything dark.

- here we have something called Community Rehab: https://outpatients.tas.gov.au/clinics/community_rehabilitation_unit_cru which he attended for quite a while. I think sometimes they come out to the house too, and work with the whole family to help the person with the disabilities be able to do things like use the toilet, etc.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,938 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    One of my fears!! :lol:

ximmqt1e2f05.png

I fear it because I've already got a couple cabinets full of stuff just like that!!

qeji2dboidjj.png

M in Oz
  • grandmallie
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Machka- shades of my parents house..it took months and months to clean out.
    Rosemarie- I have been to the Veterans Cemetery in Bourne,Ma.my dear friends from the Cape are buried there ..thats a huge Cemetery.
    u5ezbft3pgjj.jpg
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879Alfie roughing it,snoring....[/img]
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Made garlic cheddar biscuits. This is the first time I tried that recipe. The taste is good, but I think they should have been thicker

Annie – my heart goes out to you.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Annie- my dear you have to live between the dash.. take things as they come, and lean on Hospice as much as possible they are trained in this type of thing.. sending a healing hug your way..
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling your pain, Annie. It is heartbreaking. I hope your sister can get to you soon.

Take care.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR