WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,980 Member
    Options
    [quote=

M – good thoughts being sent for your mom

Rebecca – they don’t use raw eel in sushi, do they? The Japanese/Korean people use so much detail and color in everything

Lisa – that’s wonderful that those guys will take care of your front lawn like that. Wish I had someone who would do it for free!

Allie – Siri is adorable. Do you think Doris will wind up being a foster failure?

Michele NC

I don't eat raw sushi for the most part. I do eat raw tuna sushi, but only if it has the bright orange fish eggs on top. They are just salty, and pair well with the tuna. I also use wasabi and soy sauce so all that kind of disguises the raw flavor.
    Here's the meal I had yesterday with a friend.💖
    bqfr0fdzzbtd.jpeg
    I describe the ramen at this place as what a Japanese grandmother would make. I lot of things in it.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
    [/quote]

I don't eat any of the raw fish when eating sushi. The little eggs are ok but not a ton of them. LOVE wasabi and pickled ginger. Drives dh crazy when we go to a buffet that has sushi- I eat the inside part but leave most of the rice.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    :)Jennifer, If you are looking for new friends on your journey, you have come to the right place. Here you will meet smart, caring women who will support and encourage you and share their ups and downs. I come to this thread daily to learn new things and to be reminded that I am not alone. I live with my husband and two dogs and don't interact with many people in person---many online via zoom and on this thread. I log food and exercise every day and seek every opportunity to be active. It has paid off in my losing about 50 pounds and keeping them off for years. My primary exercise is walking, dancing, and riding my recumbent exercise bike that is in the living room facing the TV.

:) As the winter solstice approaches in the northern hemisphere, many people are troubled by the increasing darkness. I live far north in the US and am accustomed to the winter darkness. Lately we have been watching a tv show set in the Shetland Islands where it is even darker, colder, and wetter than here.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    [quote=

M – good thoughts being sent for your mom

Rebecca – they don’t use raw eel in sushi, do they? The Japanese/Korean people use so much detail and color in everything

Lisa – that’s wonderful that those guys will take care of your front lawn like that. Wish I had someone who would do it for free!

Allie – Siri is adorable. Do you think Doris will wind up being a foster failure?

Michele NC

I don't eat raw sushi for the most part. I do eat raw tuna sushi, but only if it has the bright orange fish eggs on top. They are just salty, and pair well with the tuna. I also use wasabi and soy sauce so all that kind of disguises the raw flavor.
    Here's the meal I had yesterday with a friend.💖
    bqfr0fdzzbtd.jpeg
    I describe the ramen at this place as what a Japanese grandmother would make. I lot of things in it.💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I don't eat any of the raw fish when eating sushi. The little eggs are ok but not a ton of them. LOVE wasabi and pickled ginger. Drives dh crazy when we go to a buffet that has sushi- I eat the inside part but leave most of the rice.
    [/quote]

I try to only get the sushi I can put in my mouth in one bite.😂😁
    When I was learning to eat sushi, my Japanese friend would open her mouth and I was amazed! Its hard to take bites of a sushi piece anyways, because not the nori around it.
    When my friend at the ramen place put her chopsticks down she just kind of poked them both in her ramen! I kinda had a heart attack because doing that symbolizes death. Never poke your chop sticks into your food and let it stay there! I was like nonono, rest them on the side! Lol!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Jennifer – welcome! Congrats on the loss. How right you are about the charts. As long as you are feeling good, that’s the most important thing. If I ever got to the weight that according to the charts I’m supposed to be at, I’d feel and look like c***. Be sure to bookmark this page and come back often

Speaking of dark and cold weather: I wonder where Penny is and how she’s doing

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    abirxay1lvq1.jpg
    Watching Youtube with light jazz Christmas music,very relaxing..
    Its nice with the snow falling on the video
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    Well. I did a thing. I received a 100% mark on this session.
    I was quite proud of myself and finally “announced” on FB that I’ve been in school. I haven’t told many people, you ladies, of course my family, and a couple friends I’ve bumped into and they have asked what I’m doing. I think I’ve shocked some people based on the reactions.

It is almost 10 pm, I have a show tomorrow so I think I’ll go to bed.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Congratulations!!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate my friends.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap!

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    3 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 228/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 8/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 50/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed.
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh.
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Tracey, you are doing amazing. Congratulations!
    Barbara, always raisins in butter tarts.

We are having such nice mild weather and looks like we will have a brown Christmas. Looking forward to DD and SIL along with 2 grandchildren (12 and 8) coming Christmas Eve for the day. They will be travelling back to Edmonton in the evening. Have to go through my stack of board games and see what I have that adults and the kids will enjoy. Jenga is one we always play for sure.

Enjoy the day, ladies.

Joy