Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,832 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    This_far wrote: »
    I need Italian bakery & bagel store recommendations in the Bronx and/or Long Island City. Anyone have any favorites?

Cannelle in LIC. Forget what street exactly, just follow the hipsters . French bakery. Very good. We go when we see shakespeare in gantry state park.
    TY. Got an Italian favorite?

Afraid not. That area has really gentrified over past 20 years. Know it's cold now but is very nice place to walk around in spring and summer. That's when we take the 7 over.

No worries. Funny how some places gentrify & some places… don’t .

I was dreaming of a beer battered burger today and I couldn’t remember if I got it in Sunnyside or Woodside and I wonder what those places are like today.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,041 Member
    Options
    I need Italian bakery & bagel store recommendations in the Bronx and/or Long Island City. Anyone have any favorites?

Cannelle in LIC. Forget what street exactly, just follow the hipsters . French bakery. Very good. We go when we see shakespeare in gantry state park.

If you’re ever in the 6th Ave area of the city I hear this is a good place
    4pmughmwnapa.jpeg
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Afraid not. That area has really gentrified over past 20 years. Know it's cold now but is very nice place to walk around in spring and summer. That's when we take the 7 over.

I was dreaming of a beer battered burger today and I couldn’t remember if I got it in Sunnyside or Woodside and I wonder what those places are like today.

Think it was called The Rainbow Diner. Still there, different name. Across from Saints and Sinners ( closed ) down block from Donovans. Wish Woodhaven would've gentrified b4 we sold my mother's house. Who'd of thought Bushwick would be the hot neighborhood. I go to Ridgewood a lot, Sophia's best friend lives just off the Seneca Ave stop and I pick her up. I'll get a pretzel at one of the German places while I wait.
    You can do worse than dreaming of those batter burgers
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

If you’re ever in the 6th Ave area of the city I hear this is a good place
    4pmughmwnapa.jpeg

listen linda
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Think it was called The Rainbow Diner. Still there, different name. Across from Saints and Sinners ( closed ) down block from Donovans. Wish Woodhaven would've gentrified b4 we sold my mother's house. Who'd of thought Bushwick would be the hot neighborhood. I go to Ridgewood a lot, Sophia's best friend lives just off the Seneca Ave stop and I pick her up. I'll get a pretzel at one of the German places while I wait.
    You can do worse than dreaming of those batter burgers

Holy crap, you’re right, it was rainbow diner

• itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I don’t think imposter syndrome is entirely generated from within. I think some of it comes from old relationships in which you have been relegated to play a particular role.

You have been categorized and assigned a box. As you grow and mature, and the box becomes cramped, it’s natural to try to leave the box. But sometimes the people who knew you when the box fit, don’t want you to get out. Maybe for reasons they don’t understand themselves, they don’t want you to be more than the character you have always played. They will try to keep you small by being patronizing or outright contemptuous.

Logic would seem to tell you that it’s your closest, most intimate friends who should be the best support in your life but in the case of growth sometimes you need to expand your circle or get a new circle altogether, comprised of people whose idea of you is not set in stone.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    On the one hand I don’t want other people’s energy to be my problem & to always be reading subtext. Then again, I don’t want anything other than an enthusiastic hell yes. It’s a conundrum
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    On the one hand I don’t want other people’s energy to be my problem & to always be reading subtext. Then again, I don’t want anything other than an enthusiastic hell yes. It’s a conundrum

I was thinking something similar yesterday. I want community and close relationships but not too close even though I know this model doesn't serve me well. Conundrums
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

I was thinking something similar yesterday. I want community and close relationships but not too close even though I know this model doesn't serve me well. Conundrums

It’s like we’re sharing the brain
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I don’t think imposter syndrome is entirely generated from within. I think some of it comes from old relationships in which you have been relegated to play a particular role.

You have been categorized and assigned a box. As you grow and mature, and the box becomes cramped, it’s natural to try to leave the box. But sometimes the people who knew you when the box fit, don’t want you to get out. Maybe for reasons they don’t understand themselves, they don’t want you to be more than the character you have always played. They will try to keep you small by being patronizing or outright contemptuous.

Logic would seem to tell you that it’s your closest, most intimate friends who should be the best support in your life but in the case of growth sometimes you need to expand your circle or get a new circle altogether, comprised of people whose idea of you is not set in stone.

I think you might find starry messenger by Neil degrasse Tyson and interesting read - I plan on. Checking it out
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options

You wanna coauthor a book with me? Placeholder title "People! Pffft Amirite!?"
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I think you might find starry messenger by Neil degrasse Tyson and interesting read - I plan on. Checking it out

Ok. Will check it out. Thanks!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

You wanna coauthor a book with me? Placeholder title "People! Pffft Amirite!?"
    How soon can you get me the treatment?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    regimen vs regiment

tenet vs. tenant

Peeves
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    A truck rode my *kitten* for about 10 miles on my way home from work. He then pulls in behind me as I turn into my driveway, gets out of his truck and approaches my driverside window to let me know that my driving lights were not working. WHAT made you think that was a good idea?! I was alone, it's pitch black outside, and you scared the *kitten* out of me. 😭

Because many men don’t think of those things. Also, I thought a truck ran over your kitten, and I was about to cry.

I’m relieved you and your kitten are OK
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,598 Member
    Options
    A truck rode my *kitten* for about 10 miles on my way home from work. He then pulls in behind me as I turn into my driveway, gets out of his truck and approaches my driverside window to let me know that my driving lights were not working. WHAT made you think that was a good idea?! I was alone, it's pitch black outside, and you scared the *kitten* out of me. 😭

Very scary!
    Glad you’re okay! 🫶
    He would more than likely gotten shot here had he done that.
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options

Because many men don’t think of those things. Also, I thought a truck ran over your kitten, and I was about to cry.

I’m relieved you and your kitten are OK

Really? I'll need a man to chime in to confirm. That makes zero sense, but you're probably right.

My kitten doesn't exist, but my dogs both thank you for your concern. ❤️

Well, as a man i doubt i would do this unless i thought you were in danger of hurting yourself or someone else. In his defense it was night and maybe he had no idea you were a woman. Maybe he was just as nervous thinking you may be an aggressive road raging dude but he was still gonna try to be helpful. I personally try to steer clear from road interactions, they really dont work out well very often.

On another note, i have had women road rage on me and i never get too excited about it But i really wonder why they felt it it necessary to approach a gorilla of a man they dont know aggressively.