🎉❄️ January Daily Logging and Weigh-in Challenge❄️🥳

Options

Replies

• judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week:
    * to the gym 4-5 times a week (keeping consistent)
    * tea after dinner- no food after.
    * weigh every day- which I avoid and then gain

1/1: 146.6
    1/2: 145.8
    1/3:
    1/4: 144.2
    1/5:
    1/6:
    1/7:
    1/8:
  • lcharpentier2
    lcharpentier2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Stormy you ask What do you have to lose. Answer to that weight. results better health
  • WhiskeyDeltaKilo
    WhiskeyDeltaKilo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday. I'm still getting used to the app. It's about worthless on the phone because of all the ads for Premium, but it works fine from the PC. Another day logged as promised.
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,746 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Welcome to your year of refocusing on becoming a healthier you. We’re all in this together.

Hello, I’m Jill. 🥰I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for January :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    📝Log daily
    🙆‍♀️Stretch daily/ Exercise 3x per week- starting at 15-20 minutes of beginner dance workouts
    Get back down to under 200 pounds
    Hang out in the 190’s for awhile.
    My ultimate and hopefully sustainable goal is 185.

Starting weight January 1st:
    Jan 1: 205.6
    marks the start of 2024
    Let the fun begin!

Jan 2: 204.5
    I love January! New Year reset has begun. I moved my daughter back to college today and got to spend all day with her. I’ll miss having her home for the holidays, but she’ll be home for the weekend in less than 10 days.

Jan 3: 203.4
    It’s amazing what logging everything and exercise can do! Feeling fabulous. 🥰 Time to do some quick exercise with Up to the BEat fit with Gina B on YouTube then it’s time to take down the Christmas tree and decorations before heading back to work tomorrow.

Jan 4: 203.3 Happy Thursday friends! Today is my Monday. Time to get back to work and keep up with the good habits.

Jill🥰
  • HappyHiker24
    HappyHiker24 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've gained quite a bit of weight over the past few years, and I'd like to turn that trend around. At a minimum, I'd like to get out of the obese zone, so my first goal weight is 185.

My goals for January:
    - Daily physical therapy for chronic injury
    - Lose 4-8 pounds

Jan 1: 216.7 (PT & calorie deficit)
    Jan 2: 215.0 (calorie deficit)
    Jan 3: 214.4 (PT & calorie deficit)
    Jan 4: 213.9
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Kira. I'm 52, 5'1" and live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, with my husband. We are now officially empty nesters with chicks that still come home often!!

My goals for January :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    📝Log daily
    🙆‍♀️Get 8000 steps at least 3 time a week, go for a walk at least 2 times a week

Starting weight January 1st:
    Jan 1 - 185.4
    Jan 2 - 188.6
    Jan 3 - 187.4
    Jan 4 - 187.8

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene and have been with this group for a while now. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty). I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023. 💖I wouldn't be where I am today without this group (along with a couple other challenges I am in); I am so thankful for their support and accountability. 💖

My Goals for January

⚖️ Lose 4 pounds (always my goal)
    👣17k Steps Daily with one day of rest
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Tai Chi or Yoga 1 day per week
    💦 6+ glasses of water

👣 📝 🥗 💪 🧘‍♀️ 💦

Highest Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164

December Ending Weight 164

Jan 1: 163.8 👣 📝 🥗 💦 Happy New Year!
    Jan 2: 163.8 👣 📝 🥗 💦 Met my New Year's goal - did a 10K walk yesterday AM. Was ravenous all day, but managed to stay under my calorie limit by 5 calories. I would say a successful day. I'm still .2 pounds away from my lowwest weight (just before Christmas).
    Jan 3: 162.8 😁 👣 📝 🥗 💦 Funny thing happened to yesterday. Greg, Monty and I started the Airline Trail today (I am feeling nostalgic so want to do it again, and we started off with a big one day 6.2 miles. When we got back to the car, Greg noticed he didn't have his wallet. Thought he left it on the counter at home. Got home, no wallet, now we think he must have dropped it on the trail as we were walking, so we drove back to the trail at the half way point. Greg went one way - I went the other looking for the wallet, another 3.7 miles and didn't find it. When we got home - Greg remembered he took the truck out yesterday - left it in the center console. LOL! So, my 6.2 walked turned into 9.9, silver linings I guess! Here are some pictures from the walk (the first time).
    Jan 4: 162.8 👣 📝 🥗 💦
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50+ yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. I’m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Heaviest Weight: 221 | First Goal Weight: 165 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 140
    SW Aug 2023: 212.7 | Sep 2023: 207.1 | Oct 2023: 205.5 | Nov 2023: 208.3 | Dec 2023: 205.3

January 2024 Goals:
    Log Food Daily | 1Hr Aerobic Dance Daily w/Extra Exercise as Possible | 7 hours Sleep/Day | Consistency

Jan 1: 205.9
    Jan 2: 205.9
    Jan 3: 205.7
    Jan 4: 205.3
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Billy AZ you are a superhero man! What are you doing to lose 10.6 pounds in 4 days? Is this the beginning of a new program for you? Low carb or keto?
  • BillyAZ
    BillyAZ Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Billy AZ you are a superhero man! What are you doing to lose 10.6 pounds in 4 days? Is this the beginning of a new program for you? Low carb or keto?

Hi Stormy,

It’s the very beginning so I expected a decent loss in the first few days. No way this could or should continue but I’m not unhappy with the initial results.

I’ve been juicing, one low calorie meal a day, 19-hour fasting and upped the exercise with gym sessions and tennis every day. The diet is the big change though. I’ll be upping the calories tomorrow to balance out more as 1000 calories a day isn’t enough according to both MFP and my wife!