Cathe Fans Part 5

Options

Replies

• StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies. Happy New Year! For whatever reason, it seems as if this holiday season lasted a really long time, but it was nice to take a break from the normal daily rut I find myself in for a few weeks. My cold is slowly getting better. If not for the cough and stuffy nose, I would say I feel as good as I ever do. But the cough in particular is holding me back from going full throttle on the workouts because I really don’t want to irritate my lungs.

That being said, I finished up my Ramped Up Upper Body workouts last week, which means this week is Upper/Lower workouts. Sunday and yesterday, I did the Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Lower and Upper body workouts, and I added in Perfect 30’s Low impact HIIT on Sunday. Today I did 2.0 Lower Body 1, a 15 minute spin and some Peloton Pilates. I will be starting the 2.0 one body part workouts week after next, so I figured these 2.0 upper and lower body workouts will remind me just how heavy I will be lifting again.

Thelma, so great to see you!! I am so happy to hear you are recovering nicely and mostly pain free. I am amazed you are even doing some workouts! That’s incredible and, no doubt, it probably feels like a moment of normalcy during this long period of recovery you will be enduring. Great job. I am glad your prep work is paying off as well. Please thank your DH again for the email. I was so happy to see you had an early surgery time and that your surgery went so quickly.

Laurie, welcome back. I am sorry to hear you have a sinus infection. It seems like everybody is sick right now. DH, who rarely gets sick, just can’t shake this cold. But, like me, he has good energy and feels fine minus the annoying congestion and cough. I am glad you enjoyed your time with your family. Great workout to start off the new year. Sounds like an interesting one.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Upper Body 1 and Gloved Up and Sweaty. I was really surprised how heavy I was able to go in the upper body workout. It felt great.

Hope you are both doing well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, for some reason my post from Tuesday didn't post. My visit with the surgeon went well. I got my dressings removed. The doctor thinks I'll be off the sling at the end of the month. I was able to take a shower, but it was scary without the sling. I started PT today. It was simply a neck and back massage and hand/wrist strengthening exercises.
    My workouts have been Jessica Smith and Gina B low Impact cardio.

Laurie, I'm glad you gad a great time with your family. Sorry you got sick though.
    Great workouts!

Laurel, great workouts! Sorry you and your dh got sick. I'm glad you're feeling better.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,433 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

So sorry for not posting yesterday, it was one of those start off the day with emergencies here at work. I actually didn't get a workout in yesterday. I had a really horrible sinus headache that started up at 1am. So I didn't get a ton of sleep, and just had no motivation. But this morning I was feeling so much better and I did Gloved Up and Sweaty. I did everything low impact, which wasn't hard with this workout. Even with that it was still a really great calorie burner. I also used my boxing gloves, so that made it a lot of fun. Looking forward to trying the other two workouts.

Laurel, Great job with those workouts even with the cold. There are so many people here at work that have been sick. Everyone seems to be coughing or sniffing. I looked at the rotations that she had in the new workout user guide. I think that I will have to come up with my own rotation with them, but her Jan 2024 rotation really does look pretty good. I will have to play around a bit, not something that I'm great at. :D

Thelma, Awesome job with the workouts! I'm so impressed with how well you are doing, of course we knew that you would progress better than people that don't workout like you do.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS 2.0 Lower Body 2 and a 30 minute spin. Despite still having this cough, everything feels so good right now. I am hoping by next week that I feel comfortable pushing the cardio intensity a little more.

Thelma, good news from the doctor! That is so amazing. I can’t believe that you are just one week post surgery and doing workouts. Great job. Sounds like the PT is aimed at keeping your body mobile in places you can’t exercise normally. Sounds like a good approach.

Laurie, I am sorry to hear about the sinus headache but glad you are feeling better today. I am so glad you enjoyed Gloved Up and Sweaty. I, too, love that the impact and intensity is so easily modifiable in this one. I looked through the users guide as well for rotation ideas, but I didn’t come up with anything. I have another six weeks in my current rotation and, hopefully, by then I will figure something out. I think it will be something of a Kickbox and weight lovers rotation. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, my workout today was just walking. I woke up feeling tired.
    I am slowly regarding my independence back because my right hand is getting stronger. I was able to open my water bottle today. I am using my right hand more to assist the left.
    I felt good enough to kneel down on the floor to give the dogs a snack.

Laurie, great workout! I loved that workout too.
    I'm sorry about your sinus infection. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I am amazed at how well I'm doing! Thank God!

Laurel, great workouts! I'm sure you'll develop another amazing rotation soon.

I can't believe I had surgery just a week ago. I am so happy that I'm doing so well.

Have a great weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I was feeling a bit tired, so opted for STS 2 Mobility 1. We went out last night with DH's brother, SIL and Uncle. It was nice, but we got home after my usual bed time. We had to drop DH's uncle at the elder care facility he is at. We had a nice visit though. This weekend we have one more party, and then I think that we are done with celebrations. ;)

Laurel, Nice job with the workouts! I will send you healing vibes so that you are able to up the intensity of those workouts. I know how hard it is to be coughing and trying to do a workout. Sometimes you want to just say nope. That sounds like a really great option to try with these new workouts. I'm still thinking about what I want to do. I'm sure that I will get some inspiration at some point.

Thelma, Just walking is a good workout! Every day you have gains, so that is a positive.

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 2.0 Upper Body 2 and LITE Cardio Party. Like both of you, I woke up feeling pretty tired today. Thankfully the workouts felt good, though I still want a nap. :)

Thelma, great job walking. Most people would still be lying around eight days post-rotator cuff surgery. Isn’t it amazing how being able to open a bottle of water can be so uplifting when you haven’t been able to do it? I know I take way too much for granted in my life like those simple things we do every day without realizing how lucky we are to be able to do them.

Laurie, great workout on a tired day. I am glad you enjoyed your time with family last night, though. I, too, am lacking inspiration at the moment. I was really hoping at this point I would have talked myself into an STS 1.0 and 2.0 combo rotation that would immediately follow my current rotation, but right now that is a hard ‘nope!’ Like I said, I have six weeks to come up with something, but I don’t think it will be STS. :)

Enjoy the weekend.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was busy with house chores. We got about 3/4" rain. Monday and Tuesday may get heavy rain, which could cause flooding. It looks like the entire week will be rainy.

My workouts on Friday were walking and Tracy Steen Low Impact Hiit. This workout included lunges, kicks, squats.
    Saturday walking Gina B low impact Hiit and Move with Nicole Thighs and Booty Barre.
    Sunday, walking and Jessica Smith low impact cardio.

My shoulder is feeling good.

Laurie, great workout! Good job listening to your body.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope you got some rest this weekend.

We do take so much for granted.

Have a great week!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Busy weekend, and I do have to say that I'm so glad the party season is done. We hosted the Altar Guild group that I'm in charge of. All the ladies and their husbands get together every year, it is pot luck. It is so much fun to get to talk to these couples in a different setting besides church. Of course I didn't get any workouts in, just how it works for my weekends.

My workout this morning was something a little different for me. My oldest dd gave me a rebounder for Christmas, so I tried it out this morning. I did Kelly's RAW Rebounder #2. I'm truly surprised how sore my legs are right now.

Laurel, Love those two workouts!! I have always had a fondness for Cardio Party, it just has the right combination of cardio in it. I don't blame you for not wanting to do another STS rotation quite yet, it seems that your last year has just been those workouts. Time for a change of pace. Looking at the premixes on some of these workouts right now.

Thelma, Awesome job with those workouts! You really really did some good ones this weekend. We are suppose to get some snow tonight, so we will see how accurate the forecasters are. Hopefully they will not have the tv personalities out in the snow telling us how bad it is. ;)

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice with a blend of chores and relaxation. The weather on Saturday was dreary, but the sun came out a bit yesterday. We are supposed to get some strong storms overnight with both wind and flood warnings. Of course DH is headed out of town for work this week, so fingers crossed things don’t get too bad here.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a 30 minute low impact spin and 30 minutes of yoga. Yesterday was RWH HiiT Circuit Lower Body into RWH low Impact 2. Today was a 30 minute spin into RWH HiiT Circuit Upper Body and Core 2. I loved the upper body circuit workout which I haven’t done in years. I haven’t done the lower body circuit in years either, and it still is not my favorite. But it made for a good workout. I am feeling like I can push the cardio more this week because my cough is calming down, and that is nice.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad to hear your shoulder is feeling well. I hope you don’t get hit too badly with this storm tonight. The worst of it is supposed to be south of us, but I don’t know how it will hit you once it approaches the coast and turns north. Not only are we supposed to get rain much of this week, but as of right now, they are predicting a pretty sharp drop in temperatures next week. So winter is here I suppose.

Laurie, I am glad you enjoyed the last social event of the season. I love those events where you can just enjoy chatting with people in a different environment than you normally see them. Great workout this morning. I will be curious to hear how you continue to use the rebounder. My sister used one for some time after tearing her ACL, and she loved it. I wonder if you will find it a great way to get more intensity while taking care of your knees. I laughed when you mentioned the TV personalities standing out in the weather talking about how bad it is. I don’t need to see somebody standing in a hurricane to know that hurricanes are bad! That has never made sense to me.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I was tired today. I've not slept well the last three nights because I've been getting a stabbing pain in my bicep right before I went to bed. It's strange that it happens only at night.
    Today was a good day for my arm. I'm allowed to get out of the sling, lean forward and allow my arm to dangle in front of me like a pendulum while I sway from side to side. You have no idea how good it feels to straighten my elbow out! I also learned to get myself in/out of the sling. This is a huge victory for me and one more thing DH doesn't need to help me.

PT was a little painful while my arm was externally rotated in order to stretch it. My bicep incision is right at the crease of my armpit, and the PT says that incisions there always delay the ability of lifting the arm overhead.

My workouts were walking and Gina B low impact cardio.

We are getting hit with a rain storm. It sounds like it's windy. Hopefully we won't lose power.

Laurie, great workout. I love the rebounder! I had no idea Kelly had rebounder workouts! I bet it was a kot of fun.

I'm glad you enjoyed the potluck party with the church couples!

Hopefully you didn't get a bad storm. Isn't it crazy how those poor people have to endure the bad weather! It's not like we don't know it's bad outside.

Laurel, great workouts! I hope the storm isn't too bad in your area.
    I'm glad you're feeling better. Coughs are so hard to get rid of!

We were expecting a rainy week, but that is no longer the case. Rain is expected on Friday. Next week's nighttime temps can hit 15 degrees!

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I did a Heather workout. She has started a new series that is heavy split weight for the first 4 weeks, then the next four is upper/lower and metabolic and the last four goes back to a combo of both and adding in some HiiT. So I tried the first workout, and it was an arm workout. It was biceps, triceps and shoulders. I used heavier weights than Heather in most instances, so overall it was a really good workout.

We are starting to get the snowstorm today. It is suppose to continue until tomorrow. Right now I'm closer to the lake, so it is all rain. Out by our house it was snow.

Laurel, Great job with all those workouts! Glad to hear that the cough is getting better so that you can up that cardio. Nice that the weekend was calm, but hope those storms do not give you to many problems. We had not had the wind yet, they are saying it will be later today. I have to look up some more rebounder workouts on youtube. Kelly has 3 total on her RAW channel, and I really enjoyed being able to do some higher impact moves without dealing with the knee pain. I thought it wouldn't get my hr up, but dang if it didn't. So hopefully youtube will be the place to find some other workouts.

Thelma, Love the workout! Glad to hear that your PT sessions are going good. To bad that initially it involves some pain, but over the long run you will be so much happier. So sorry to hear that you have been dealing with some pain and it is keeping you from getting some good sleep. Kelly just started to do some rebounder workouts this last year. I found them to be interesting and I knew that those type of workouts would probably be better for my knee, so I put a rebounder on my Amazon list. ;) Of course my dd's where the first ones to jump on it when DH set it up. :D

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was 4DS Lower Intensity Step into Cathe Live Explosive Legs. The latter workout is a circuit workout that involves several rounds of one step blast followed by two leg exercises. It was a good combo today. We didn’t get hit too hard by the storm last night but the wind has been pretty fierce all day today. We lost power for a couple of hours right after my workout, but it is back….and I hope it stays that way. There is very slight chance we may get snow this evening, and that sounds cold without heat. :)

Thelma, great workout. I am sorry about the poor sleep and bicep pain. Hopefully that is temporary and part of the healing process. It sounds like your shoulder is healing up nicely is you are able to do those pendulum swings. No doubt that feels fantastic. Right now they are saying we may get into the single digits for lows early next week. If so, I have to figure out how to protect as many plants as I can. I don’t want to have to replace them again this year.

Laurie, great workout. Sounds like a great series she has put together. I have no doubt you will be able to find some good rebounder workouts on YouTube. Hope it doesn’t snow too badly.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, I didn't have the pain last night. Hopefully I won't have it tonight either.

The wind is blowing like crazy here. I can't believe it's snowing. I just looked outside and there's a dusting over the grassy areas. I'm afraid there will be black ice tomorrow morning. It's 34 and will be 29 degrees around 8-9am. I have PT at 9. I don't know if I'll be able to make my appointment, but if there's black ice on the roads nothing will be open.

We got 2 inches of rain last night and 3/4" today. Our weatherman says there's an identical storm coming on friday. There were power outages and flooding. Thankfully we were okay here. Hopefully we won't lose power tonight either.

My workouts were walking and Tracy Steen Legs.

Laurie, great workout! Sounds like Heather has a nice new program. CG has a new app program called Unleashed. Everyone says it's brutal.
    How nice that you create wish gift lists. They make gift buyer's lives easier!

There are lots of great rebounder workouts in YT.

Laurel, great workouts!
    I'm glad you didn't get hit hard by the storm, but there will be no escaping the cold weather coming from Canada. I hope you're able to protect your plants.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

We got a mix of rain and snow yesterday, and it was pretty bad driving home when using the side streets. Freeway was pretty clear, so that wasn't to bad. I had DH's truck, so I just put that thing in 4 wheel drive, and made my way home. ;)

So I went down the rabbit hole of youtube looking for some rebounder workouts. I'm a newbie to this, so decided that beginner workouts where what I should shoot for. I found an instructor Michelle Briehler that does her workouts in her driveway. ;) So this morning I did her Trampoline Basics, and I really enjoyed it. I like being able to do those high impact moves and I'm not suffering with knee pain afterward. It will take me a few workouts to get the hang of the balance part with the trampoline. :D

Laurel, Great job with those workouts! Glad to hear that the weather wasn't horrible for your area. It is always an experience to get into youtube looking for something like these workouts. You really do have to weed through them. I was looking for someone that had more than one or two workouts, and of course doesn't irritate me with their talking. I did realize one thing, I do need a new pair of shoes. I can't remember when I purchased the ones I have. Kind of makes me think that I need to put a date on my shoes. ;)

Thelma, Nice job with the workout! We had some wind after our snowstorm, but by this morning it was gone. Walking in the unplowed roads this morning was not fun. We must have new people handling the snowplow, because they are not very good at getting our subdivision cleared in a timely manner. The previous one had our area cleared out by 5AM. I'm still debating what I want to do in the new year, so I'm going to be trying out a bunch of different instructors to see what I feel will work for me and my mindset. I was seeing some of the posts on the new workouts, and Caroline is working them hard.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 30 minute spin into Cathe Live HiiT That Upper Body. The latter workout was one moderate HiiT move followed by 3 mostly compound upper body moves repeated seven times. I really enjoyed this workout.

Thelma, great workout. I hope you were able to get to your appointment today. Like you, we got snow last night which was a bit of a surprise. At least the wind has died down a bit. It was crazy all day yesterday. We got about the same amount of rain as you. There were some parts of the state that got over 5”, which is the kind of rain they needed because of the drought. I like the rain. But the wind can stay away. After our power outage yesterday, DH and I are considering getting a generator installed. It seems we are losing power more and more and always for hours at a time. We are surrounded by people who have installed post-construction generators, and I admit when I was freezing yesterday during the power outage that I was a little jealous….even if we get one that doesn’t run the HVAC but at least gives us the ability to have hot water and make a cup of tea. :) We’ll see. It seems like we are pouring money into the house right now.

Laurie, great workout. I understand on the YouTube rabbit hole. I think that is why I stick to instructors I know. When I was trying to figure out my first spin bike a few years ago, I was trying to find beginner classes on YouTube, and, boy, that was kind of a hot mess. I am glad you made it home safely given the icy roads. I don’t think the weather is going to improve for anybody in the lower 48 for several days right now. I can’t imagine how cold you will be getting this weekend if our highs are in the mid-teens.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Options
    Hi ladies, we didn't have black ice this morning. Yaaay! PT went great and now I'm getting out of the sling every two hours.
    Friday's storm has been downgraded to level 1 for us. Southern GA is going to get hit pretty hard.
    My workouts on Wednesday were walking and Jessica Smith low impact cardio. I can't believe I'm at two weeks post surgery. It sure feels longer that two weeks. Today I felt brave enough to attempt to hook up my front closure bra. I couldn't do it, but came very close. I was able to put my long sleeve, button down pj top on. All I've worn are my sleeveless velcro t-shirts all this time. Small victories!

Laurie, great workouts! I seem to remember that the 2lazy4gym lady had reviews on rebounder workouts.
    I'm glad you're enjoying the rebounder workouts

I'm glad you made it home safely! I hope the snow removal crew cleaned up your roads!

Laurel, great workouts!
    Some parts of our county got up to 6 inches of rain! I hear you about the wind! I hate it! I do hope we'll get more rain on Friday.
    A lot of people here install generators too. We were going to do it, but decided against it because of all the talk about banning fossil fuels. It is a big incmvestment.

See you tomorrow!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

This morning I tried out one of Michelle Briehier's weight workouts. This one was Chest & Triceps. Pretty much regular exercises, and I went heavy. She did 4 sets for 30 sec. I was able to get 8-9 reps in during that timeframe. Overall a short good workout.

More snow this morning, so the drive in was filled with people not driving very well. Apparently we will have blizzard conditions tomorrow, so we will see. They said that we where only getting a dusting this morning, but we have about 3" right now. I'm mostly not looking forward to the cold, so I'm going to the store tonight to get grocery's. Probably everyone will be doing something similar. :D This weekend requires making chili for sure.

Laurel, Awesome job with those workouts. I actually enjoy looking at all these different instructors. I like that youtube does the sneak peak so that you can see just a portion of the workout, without having to click on it. I weeded through a ton of instructors, because I just couldn't stand their voice. :D I'm going to try another workout with Michelle tomorrow, because I need to see what a leg workout would be like. For the most part this instructor keeps the workouts under 40 min. I just can't go over that timeframe very often and get a walk in before I have to get ready for work.

Thelma, Great job with the workouts! Glad to hear that you didn't get the black ice, that's the scary part of winter weather. So awesome to hear that you are making those baby steps. I'm sure that it seems like a long process, but to me it sounds like you are making great progress. I don't think to many people going though what you did, would have made the same progress. Thanks for the information on 2lazy and the rebounder.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I decided to do Cathe’s live class with her today which was Box and Burn. This was a kickboxing workout about the same length and intensity of her new kickboxing DVD, but with different combos and format. Like Gloved Up and Sweaty, it could be higher intensity or lower intensity depending on the day. I see doing this one quite often. I followed it with Cathe Live Plyo Legs with Step.

Thelma, I am glad you had no problems getting to your PT. It sounds like you are recovering remarkably! I bet it will feel so good to be out of the sling more. We are under a weather advisory tomorrow, but, like you, the worst is supposed to pass to the south of us. But it does look like we will get more wind. They have also upgraded the temperature predictions for next week, which is a relief because, as of now, my plants should survive. It will still be pretty cold though!

Laurie, sounds like a good workout. But your weather doesn’t sound great. The minute I heard we were getting cold temperatures next week, I wrote down all of the cold weather meals I want to make…..chili, lasagna, etc. I may even make two different kinds of chili, which would make my DH pretty happy. I don’t make much chili unless it is really cold. I hope your conditions tomorrow aren’t too bad, or if they are, you can stay home.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel