Options
    Lisa - this is my WTForecast app today.
    nm16ckeuj83l.png
    x5xh3b9yv10p.png
  • monie_is_getting_fit
    monie_is_getting_fit Posts: 15 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    kylia yes it was me that was talking about snow. It is snowing right now. I have been to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg 3 times. My husband and I are thinking about moving to that area in 3-4 years. It maybe 5 or 6 though with Lennox starting high school in September. We like to go up Anakeesta and we were there in 2018 just after they reopened and had brand new rope bridges and the restaurant had just opened back up that day. They were also still building some of the buildings. Everything was burned down from a wildfire in 2016. I was told that there were bear tracks everywhere in the ash as the bears were fleeing the fires.

Simone- Wisconsin
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    Down here in the south ...

p3rcze5hpvh7.png

Machka in Oz
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    I was awake very early this morning with joint aches. I decided to go downstairs and put the heat on a couple of hours early. Just because I could. :p It's hovering around freezing outside.
    Here I am, communing with you. I might try to nod off for the last hour before 7.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Yes Kim that orchestra is a good metaphor. Although sometimes I feel like a sheep dog trying to herd him away from danger. Then he goes off in some random direction and I have to run around, do damage control, and get him straightened out again.

The plan for my Dad's pills is for me to give them to him when I start to cook dinner. It might make him restless at night but he gets up a lot anyway.

Today is going to be an emotional day, but my sister is coming tonight so that will be better. Things are rolling right along. Time to start paying some bills.

I need to cut back on sugar. Too much honey in my tea and on my oatmeal. And I need to get back to my spinach smoothie in the afternoon.

I like the gym, but I stopped going in the pandemic. I don't like spending my time there cleaning the equipment. I have a stationary bike in the basement, much cheaper than a treadmill. And some mats and weights and such. But I quit using it all back in July and gained twenty pounds. Time to fix that!

We had a lot of rain Tuesday but today looks
    okay.

Have a great day ladies!

Annie in Delaware

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    Heather - The joint aches woke me, as well. I think I'm going to have to start flex-taping my knees again for a bit. It's below freezing here again, but nearly made it to 60 F yesterday (15C), and is supposed to get that warm again today before we slide back into winter.

Machka - I admit I envy the warm weather right now, but I don't envy your winter during our summer! I try to remind myself that the four seasons are why we're here. If we ever move again, though, it may be to someplace with warmer winters. No plans for that for now, just enjoying what we can, and living with the rest. In the kitchen, I use wire baskets with bamboo bottoms a lot so I can pull out the basket and check it. They fit lots of things, like soup cans, pasta packages, etc. In my dream kitchen, I will have drawers in ALL the under-counter cabinets. Shelves six inches from the floor just don't make sense.

Simone, thank you so much for the pics of your beautiful family. It sounds like Tyler had a rough journey, glad he's doing well now.

Tracey - DuckDuckGo has been around for about 15 years, so it's not new. It gets good reviews as a browser that doesn't track your every move, like Google does.

Busy, productive morning, getting chores done, laundry done. Time now to play... :smile:

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Going to Gym? I used to, but now live to far to go. When/if we move to a rental, I’m looking for a place closer to the adult center that has an entire gym there for $1 a day or $30 a year. Free to me as I teach there. But as it is, I live a 30 minute drive to there right now so too inconvenient. In the past i was a member of Curves, then they closed. I then went to a local gym in the town I worked in, close to my job, so went there at lunch or before work most days of the week. I really enjoyed it. Now my only real exercises is walking. (did 9,900 steps yesterday. I didn’t notice how close to 10K or I would have walked in place or outside.)

Not posting updates on my goals every day this year seems weird, so I’ll try to past every 10 days or so. Do you all enjoy the daily what day it is posts? Please let me know yes or no. No responses and I will stop.

Here are my updated goals so far since the First of January:

2024 Goals
    Words of the year: simplify, empowered, and authentic.

SIMPLIFY—make (something) simpler or easier to do or understand.
    EMPOWERED—give (someone) the authority or power to do something.
    AUTHENTIC—.
    of undisputed origin; genuine.

I will be authentic and empowered while working to simplify my life.

1. Do 12 different crafts this year: color, draw, sew, crochet, knit, bead jewelry, candles, make cards, origami, scrapbook, macrame, loop looms 2/12
    2. Walk average of 7250 steps a month 9/31.
    3. 30 minutes activity 9/23days a month
    4. Journal 7/23 days a month
    5. Meditate 10/31days a month 1
    6. Family phone calls 13/12 monthly.
    7. Save $1000 for emergencies by depositing $50 a month into savings and not touching it. 0/1000
    8. Research and apply for senior independent living in Roswell, one a month. 0/12
    9. Drink 8 days a month or less. 0/8
    10. Read 4/24 books this year.
    11. Weigh less at end of month than at beginning. O/12

“I’m learning to treat myself as if I am valuable. I find that when I practice long enough, I begin to believe it.” In All Our Affairs

RVRita
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Got 8 hrs sleep.. kitty tower came and put that together,took the garbage out to the dumpster ,fed the birds and Alfie..
    One of the YouTube people I watch got kicked in the face by one of her horses and had to have facial surgery and her jaw wired shut,they run a sanctuary, have longhorns and goats at another farm and have a ranch with 1 male longhorn and a bunch of females.. her husband is beside himself.. she will be fine but lost a few teeth ,and had a concussion and had to have surgery..
    Can never be to careful.
    Miles loves watching the nightmare before Christmas ..but the last 3 mornings he has woke up screaming..I have a feeling that his poor little brain can't handle that..
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    Lisa - I have a recipe for cauliflower purée which I will post when I find. We loved it.

Soooo relieved that the handyman, Daniel, has been and gone. Wonderful! Two things that I have been brooding over for months were done in just over an hour. :o
    jbzycl8odk8f.jpg
    Cupboard door rehung.
    z232u715n83i.jpg
    Grab rail installed.
    John also bought me the first of the season's daffodils.
    drx5byehi04q.jpg
    So now I am enjoying the bounty of spring and no longer resenting my husband and my son 🙃

G has been diagnosed with bullous pemphigoid. She is on an oral steroid and doxicycline. They've taken a skin sample.
    The good news is her loft is now completely boarded and she can start to sort stuff. I'm not holding out much hope of significant decluttering.

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxx