WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    The plan for tomorrow is to do a Denise Austin Power Zone DVD. Then I’ll probably go for a walk and then to Aldi

Allie – I’m so so happy that Carmine came to sMiles party. I especially loved that pic of Carmine hugging sMiles. Can you thank Karen by calling her or something? So nice that there are honest people in this world

Just came back from my walk. Got dinner ready and will go out to help Vince put things away in a few.

Rita – most of my Corelleware looks like new, too. But there are a few pieces that I picked up at a thrift store since my pattern has been discontinued for years. I guess I just need to make a paste of baking soda and leave it on the outside of the dish. Baking soda is what I used inside the dish.

Barbie – thanks, I’ll have to check that out. Maybe I do and I never knew it! (Hope so)

Put away most of the blowmolds from Christmas. Gawd, I do like blowmolds.

Rosemarie – good luck with the car. I know you’ll make the right choice

Gagirl – WB

Rori – great to see you. That video looks very interesting. Need to bookmark it

luann – welcome. I’m so sorry about your husband.

Michele NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,883 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: no power outage or storm damage. Wishing the same for all in the path of this next one, looks to be a doozy.
    Rosemarie the only thing more cheerful than “a picture of a Golden Retriever” is a real live one [wink, wink]
    Welcome @nitaoriol Ga girl, @hmjack1561 Hope and @luannegalizio Luanne! This is the right thread for motivation, support, friendship, compassion and wisdom.
    Annie that story of the strangers coming to your family’s Thanksgiving dinner by mistake is a testament to your family’s warmth and love.
    Tracey was it you who recommended “Only Murder in the Building”? Thanks! I’m really enjoying it. “… just up and moving” for me is the key to feeling (mostly) better ;}
    1/6: Move: Move: ZERO sets PT, brief dog group rained out, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:5400
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-4 CI<CO net=127 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, hymns, start laundry. Wt:132.7

Caught up, time to snooze.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    January: Move more: dailyish PT, play with dogs, more steps than yesterday.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins. more AF days than not.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, dogs, readings, Hebrew, meditation.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,361 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Machka - so sorry the crud is still hanging on. How's your husband doing?

Rosemarie - what car did you decide on? Have fun test driving. :) I think we all need some yellow in our lives - adding a yellow sofa when you are ready is a good place to start.

Rori - what an awesome post and so timely. Always love to see you pop in, your positive energy jumps out at us. <3

Allie - has Alfie actually met and spent time with Siri? Nice that Carmine and Seth showed up at sMiles party. It's a start.

Tracey - this HP should last for many years unless I spill coffee on it. I had 2 Dell laptops throughout the years that quit working - as I recall, they starting "eating" batteries which were expensive, plus they just slowed down - not enough memory and other issues. I have never used this laptop on my lap, and only use the battery once every 2 weeks when Collette comes and I move it off the dining room table into the office.

So yesterday after I reloaded Chrome and got things set up again, I decided to get off Windows 10 and installed Windows 11. Took 3 hours. Still getting used to it but it's fairly easy to navigate around. Maybe that will help stabilize this thing, crossing fingers. I think losing my profile info could have been a Windows issue, we'll see.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,348 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    Pampered my feet just a little today. Well overdue. ;) I must do it more often, but always put it off.

I'm making a big pot of Masala Peas, that should do for two dinners, if not more. Having it tonight with monkfish kebabs. Yum. :D
    Did a woolly wash and I've hung it up in the utility room. (No dryer)

Terrible night's sleep. Will have a short nap in a minute when the peas are done.

PS - I am playing with some sentences for the blurb. At least I've made a start.

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,798 Member
    edited January 7
    Options
    a0ejxqh7cwsa.jpg
    Well had a whole blurb done and poof its gone.. we got maybe 2 inches of snow..
    Today is Miles actual birthday..
    Somebody is enjoying the snow 😁
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,978 Member
    Options
    :)Annie stay strong and just put one foot in front of the other and you'll get through this challenge.

:)Allie Thanks for sharing the photos and news that Carmine came to Miles' birthday party. I want so much for Carmine to find their way and for their parents to not be a road block.

:) Annie, the puppy, chewed such a big hole in back of her dog bed that it nearly beyond repair. We may be going to Petco this morning to buy a new one.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,697 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies
    A miracle occured today was the family partyvollrgsqy0b7.jpg
    qjtrn1cer304.jpg
    4efyrao4yp9y.jpg
    8hnoisvlpkya.jpg
    I saw Seth walk by the window,so I knew both came,and they brought Miles a card and a present.. she gave or let us all give her a hug and ,I sat at the dining table and bawled like a baby.. I thank Karen,Seths mom for finally talking some sense into Carmine..it was wonderful seeing her.
    After I left went to get kitty stuff at Petsmart and came home,and I looked everywhere for my phone.. nowhere,drove all the way back to Petsmart ,and someone turned it in..praise the lord..
    We are supposed to get socked in with snow but I'll believe it when I see it..
    Miles had 2 cupcakes and the sugar flipped him out..

Allie so awesome about Carmine going to the party and ‘allowing’ everyone to hug her. I pray she visits more often.🙏

RVRita
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    <3