WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Heather - Ack! Hope the boiler-fixer guy has come and gone and successfully got you going again. Hate it when I have to wear heavy clothes in the house to stay warm. Like Ginny, I've got one small electric heater I can plug in just to keep my feet from getting too cold in the craft room. Hope there is no lingering soreness from the fall. Glad you didn't rebreak that wrist!

Annie - Very much agree with Machka to take the list of what you know with you to the docs and get a good sense of what your dad needs to be taken and when. You may need to take over his meds if it's possible at all. Maybe if the doc tells your dad to hand over the responsibility to you?

Tracey - You need to trust yourself and your judgment, my dear. You understood the assignment much better than you thought, obviously! And 🤪 love the weather meme. 🙄 Silly buggers. The only career field in the world where you can be right 12 percent of the time and still keep your job. 🙃 So pleased the GoFundMe for your daughter is going well. They deserve every bit of help they can get, bless 'em.

Lanette - Sounds like you're prepped and ready. Good for Rosie!

Pip - Well done on the driving test! I had to have all that for my TSA-starred license, too, and finally broke down and got it earlier this year when I registered the Kicks. Since I knew I had to be at the DMV anyway, I found my wedding certificate for both and the divorce papers for the first one to show the name changes. I wonder if you have to do it again when you renew?

Rosemary - Enjoy the RAV! I've heard that people love them, but never had one.

More later, most likely. Acupuncture appointment in the early afternoon.

Love y'all!
    Lisa in AR
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Healing thoughts for your arm.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    Barbara- Really sorry to hear about your pulled 'thing' in your arm. Glad you are seeing someone soon.

Both John and I feel both relieved and exhausted. Cold is no fun. It made me not want to do anything. Loving my hot radiators! It's 0°C outside tonight. I won't leave the heat on though. Feeling superstitious about that. It comes on at 6.20 a m. I finally get up at 7 to make tea, though I'm often in the front bedroom, reading, before that.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 25min 59sec, 21elev, 2.80ap, .82ahr, 102mhr, 4.16mi= 418c
    Strava app = 510c
    Walk to store and back- 36.04min, 18elev, 3.17ap, 79ahr, 93mhr, 1.93mi= 179c
    Strava app= 237c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 18.14min, 46elev, 71aw, 16.8amph, 104ahr, 124mhr, 5.11mi= 140c
    Strava app = 74c
    Zwift stats- 18.15min, 48elev, 71aw, 49arpm, 16.83amph, 5.12mi= 75c

Total cal 737

Getting close to walking the full 6miles again for kirby
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    Greetings from the beautiful, sunny afternoon of Arkansas, as it teases us with a springlike day before the winter oozes back in tomorrow night, first with the cold rain, and then snow by Sunday, and 5 degrees by Monday (-15 C). Urk.

Interesting day... I tried a Bon Apetit technique for making poached eggs this morning that worked really well. Crack whole eggs into a bowl with one cup each of vinegar and water, and leave them sit for ten minutes. It denatures the egg white proteins, and basically builds a very thin skin on the outside of each one. You then ladle each egg gently into simmering water and poach for 2 and a half to three minutes. Seriously, the most perfect poached egg I've ever made. Things like that always make me happy.

Acupuncture, at least in an incremental way, may be helping. I struggle, as always, with anything that improves slowly, and as always, I'm also incapable of only doing one thing at one time. I cannot say that it's NOT working. What I can say is that it is truly the only 20 minutes of my week where I am awake and utterly quiet. Not moving, not thinking, not reading, not watching, just being still. I'll continue through this course, for another six weeks or so, and see if things continue to improve.

Before I went to acupuncture, I was able to step on the elliptical for ten minutes, and pleased about that. Just one thing at a time, I guess.

Heather - So glad your house can be heated now! 😀

Barbara - Holy guacamole, woman, take care of that arm. 👀

Pulled out a pork steak for Corey for dinner, but I still have no idea what I want. I'll figure it out later.

Much love from the River Valley, my chickens,
    Lisa in Arkansas