WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share a something in Dr. Chatterjee's weekly email rec'd yesterday. Titled "Try my Five-step Release to ease Anxieties". Simple, practical steps to help tame the worry beast.

Try my Five-step Release to ease anxieties. Sometimes we start the day anxious. Maybe there’s a work meeting or a social occasion in the diary that’s worrying you. Perhaps you’re not sure what the root cause is. Either way, negative feelings can often be relieved by getting your thoughts down on paper. Set yourself up for a calm day by working through the five points below.

1 One thing I’m anxious about
    Identify the issue that’s most dominant in the swirl of thoughts going around your head.

2 One practical thing I can do to prepare for it
    With day-to-day anxieties, being proactive and practical can really help. Planning how you’re going to get somewhere or thinking about possible conversational topics in advance can reduce feelings of worry.

3 One reason it’s not going to be as bad as I fear
    Our minds naturally turn to worst-case scenarios to protect us, but it can make things seem worse than they are. Foster a more realistic view of your problem by refusing to catastrophize.

4 One reason I know I can handle it
    Perspective is a great thing. Remember how you tackled a similar event – or a worse one – and got through it.

5 One upside of the situation
    Find a positive to the problem that’s worrying you. Most dark clouds really do have a silver lining.

I thought it was timely yesterday. My own shoulder was grumpy from moving heavy cement blocks on Thursday, arthritic toes on my right foot swollen and painful just because. We had a nice break in the weather and I didn't feel up to doing anything - my neighbors were all out pruning and cleaning up their property.

Going through the steps above helped.

Today will be a better day.

Back later.

Lanette B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    I had weird mfp things earlier this morning, but I'm OK now. Obviously a glitch somewhere.

My old passport arrived back today. Amazing! Last year they were quoting up to 10 weeks. I got my new one yesterday in 5 days! That includes sending them my old passport.
    I was able to change our passport details on the Saga website for both cruises this year. Had to do them separately.

Thank you Lisa! <3<3<3Lanette <3<3<3 Yes, as I grow older, I see more and more of my mother in me. It took me a long time to appreciate what she gave me. Sometimes it is so much part of who you are, you can't see it yourself.

I'm waiting to see if my friend L wants to chat about her holiday in Morocco with her choir group. Sometimes we need to decompress a bit. From what she said in a text I think she found the companionship of the other women very healing. She wrote a little poem about it and I will ask her if I can share it with you.
    Rosemarie - I'm sure you will find your yoga course supportive and worthwhile.

Had a mini spat with John at breakfast. He went into his usual snit. Thankfully he's over it now. Grrrr! I do my best to ignore him, but it always gets to me a bit. All OK now. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,912 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well I slept ok ,and a minor miracle occured.. Siri jumped on the bed and Alfie and her were nose to nose ..without hissing and spitting.because I was petting them both.
    Im really struggling to think about canceling the cruise ..with it being such a close call with the baby.. I just don't know..
    Kylia- Have the happiest of Birthday's today xoxo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    GI went well as that is the only thing I have under control right now! Meds ordered and need to pick up later today. I was feeling really ‘yucky’ yesterday. Just grumpy, foggy, and sleepy. I felt lousy enough to wear a mask to doc office. Nothing catchy, my DH named it ‘just another OLD thing’, LOL. Better today, but not where I was a couple days ago. It’ll go away.

Extremely windy today with up to 60 MPH winds. Not sure I’m going to walk much in that!

Today IS: My fav: Carrot Cake day! I don’t get it very much though and don’t bake any more as I don’t have a good oven to use, but I can drool over the picture!

miobnxtoyxin.jpeg
    9iyt3hi5vxib.jpeg
    225lv8wzl6vq.jpeg
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Spent the afternoon watching 'Nomadland', while John was in the other room watching the rugby. I love Frances McDormand. I thought she was sooooo good in 'Fargo'.

Having lamb and flageolets for dinner. :) It's all ready in the IP. Just got to cook the green beans to have with it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Kylia-the sunshine I ordered for your birthday arrived! Happy day!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kylia!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Kylia!!🎂

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Okie - I don't think so,Think she might be staying home after this one but who knows..
    I have a to a feeling after the baby is born they will still send Miles to daycare at least for a bit until she recoups a bit. But again ,I haven't found out..
    She doesn't go a regular OB until she is 12 weeks along,she has to go down about an hour away to IVF place until then to monitor..still has to do shots every other week and take pills and pre natals.. its alot..
    Not for the weary.. Alfie is all excited to go to Uncle Toms and Auntie Elena's overnight..
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Considering that I don't wear dresses anymore, and I can't imagine where I would ever wear a dress, how many of my favorites do I get to keep?

Annie in Delaware