WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    Allie I'm sorry about your aunt passing. It sounds like she was well loved.

Annie in Delaware
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,568 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 56min 8sec, 49elev, 2.95ap, 78ahr, 92mhr, 6.04mi= 577c
    Strava app = 740c
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,966 Member
    Options
    Heather - Love the photo! One of the best I've seen of you...

Machka - That coloring page is the one I've liked best of the ones you've done. As Heather said, very precise. Probably says more about me than I'm comfortable with!

Michelle in NV - So glad the outcome was good for your grandmother! Regarding putting in a spoiler, two options, either highlight the area you want to put in a spoiler, and choose the backwards P paragraph symbol above and choose spoiler:
    8vxhe6sw2rpm.png
    Or, you can type the code [ spoiler]at the beginning, and then [ /spoiler] at the end of what you want to put in the spoiler. Note that I've added a space inside those brackets, so it doesn't trigger. There should be no space between the brackets and the text within.

And... good morning from my last sunny morning from a few days here in Arkansas...

I'm trying to type around a cat who is giving me the stink-eye this morning... She won't put up with the typing for long and will stalk off in high dudgeon soon. Don't feel sorry for her! I didn't get up until 7, so she yelled at me first, and then elbowed me aside when I opened her door of choice, the carport door, to let her outside. Then after running around just a few minutes out there, she came back in her kitty door (that was open all the time) and oozed onto my lap, one little pointy claw at a time kneading my tummy. Rude. 🤨😀🙃😼🐈‍⬛

Ah, I just coughed, and that was obviously beyond the pale, so I have a free lap once more. Prior to departure:
    ou39nvh515e5.png
    Always tough working around someone who has five extremely pointy ends of weaponry onboard at all times. 😀 Just have to have an exit strategy.

Medical lollapalooza that is February. Put it in a spoiler to make it easy to skip over:
    Feeling puffy and bloated and the scale shows it, but less inflamed in the lady bits region this morning. Might be any number of things that are helping, but hoping it's the Diflucan and that it will actually resolve the UTI-type symptoms over the next week. Fingers crossed!

Not looking forward to this month - February has way too many medical appointments already, and I have a feeling more are coming - GP on Monday to get a referral to an ortho for my knees; acupuncturist each Wednesday; cardio the morning of the 16th to talk about getting the heart plug installed to diminish stroke risk.

That same afternoon, I also have the gastroenterologist appointment to decide on the next steps regarding trying to yank the Crohn's into intermission. I hate the term "remission," and am going to stop using it - it feels like I'm trying to compare it to cancer, and it's not, and I'm not. Basically, something that will diminish the symptoms for an indeterminate period of time.

I struggle with the idea of starting another biologic, as they decrease your general immunity. I haven't taken the Rinvoq since September, and my body has reset back to where it was in late 2019, but without the bleeding. Rinvoq did stop that, for which I am duly grateful. Still thinking, and probably will be until I talk to the gastro. I also need to ask the cardio if there are any biologics that will prevent them from doing the surgery to install the Watchman...

Thanks for reading, and sorry for the info dump. Just too much going on, trying to get it all straight.

lap cats are the best. Most of ours are lap cats, even when we don't want them to be. Lap or where ever they can lay. Wake up many mornings with cats on and up against me- who needs blankets when you have a bunch of furry electric blankets.

Anyway... I've got things to do and absolutely no people whatsoever to see... (yay!)

Love y'all,
    Lisa

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,179 Member
    edited February 4
    Options
    Happy birthday Kylia!!🎂

Annie: Keep as many of your favourites as you want.

Allie: Sorry about your aunt. It sounds like she had a long happy life in the bison of her family

Lisa: Commiserations on the 🛞 blowout! I’m not a fan of those itty bitty wheels either. 😝
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Back home and feels so right. Missing my GD and family but am home with my girl, Ella. The quiet in my house feeds my soul. I'm maybe getting too used to my routines and comforts. What strikes me is I left Wasilla and the outside temp was -32* F.... When I got home early afternoon yesterday the outside temp was+51*. I really don't like the cold winters anymore. My joints are swollen and sore and I was only in the bitter cold two weeks. For a short time I entertained the idea of selling my home here in WA and moving to Alaska to be near family. Crazy thoughts and I know I don't want to live where I can't enjoy being outside everyday. I'm so glad I was able to go and help.... but I'm so happy to be back in NW WA.

Betsy

I have a high school friend that lives in Tok- he posted it was -65 this morning up there- I can't imagine it being that cold. He is used to it being cold and even this cold, but as he is getting older, the cold is getting to him more.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,913 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Kylia!
  • Machka9
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    Love your kitty cat. Here are a few photos of my feral sweetie, Trinket. She's been a handful, but I love her so much. I recently found a large, solid lump on her right shoulder. She is so feral that putting her in a carrier and taking her to the vet traumatizes her. The lump is so large that I know it's going to be fatal. I also know what the vet is going to say and do, not much. So, what too do...nothing, and let her live as long as she can, or take her in and put her through, who knows what? She's not in pain; I can touch in, and she's walking and jumping normally. I genuinely do not know what to do. So I've just been loving on her.

Poor kitty :heart:

• Machka9
    Options
    Rhody and his tennis ball (one of them)

mpbhdgz99y4r.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    Back home and feels so right. Missing my GD and family but am home with my girl, Ella. The quiet in my house feeds my soul. I'm maybe getting too used to my routines and comforts. What strikes me is I left Wasilla and the outside temp was -32* F.... When I got home early afternoon yesterday the outside temp was+51*. I really don't like the cold winters anymore. My joints are swollen and sore and I was only in the bitter cold two weeks. For a short time I entertained the idea of selling my home here in WA and moving to Alaska to be near family. Crazy thoughts and I know I don't want to live where I can't enjoy being outside everyday. I'm so glad I was able to go and help.... but I'm so happy to be back in NW WA.

Betsy

I have a high school friend that lives in Tok- he posted it was -65 this morning up there- I can't imagine it being that cold. He is used to it being cold and even this cold, but as he is getting older, the cold is getting to him more.

For a few years I lived in northern Alberta in the Grande Prairie area, and some winters we were down to about -45°C / -49°F. The ice fog was thick then!

I'm not keen on Tasmanian winters either, but I much prefer them over the bitter cold.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    @LisaInArkansas
    Love your kitty cat. Here are a few photos of my feral sweetie, Trinket. She's been a handful, but I love her so much. I recently found a large, solid lump on her right shoulder. She is so feral that putting her in a carrier and taking her to the vet traumatizes her. The lump is so large that I know it's going to be fatal. I also know what the vet is going to say and do, not much. So, what too do...nothing, and let her live as long as she can, or take her in and put her through, who knows what? She's not in pain; I can touch in, and she's walking and jumping normally. I genuinely do not know what to do. So I've just been loving on her.
    owgxbvu0352u.jpg
    8k4m7pvou6je.jpg

@dlfk202000
    "We are only at a year and a half with MIL taking over our life and it is too much some times."
    I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. It does seem like elderly parents are all consuming, and if they are difficult it can be so much worse. I feel that I'm just about to lose my final child responsibilities (8 kids later,) and here's my mom, just working on the nerves all the time. Her latest... She threw herself on the floor, with her pillow and blanket no less, and crawled to the living room where her mother was and laid on the floor for hours whining that she was going to die. This was just before my grandmother broke her hip, and she (my grandmother) was in a nervous snit by the time my cousin got home from work. Why neither of them made a phone call to my cousin or even 911is beyond me (if she can remember to bring her pillow, why not her phone?) I can only conclude that no calls were made because they both knew she was faking it. SMH

Just remember, the infirmed elderly can be just like children, only without the innocence. They want their adult power back; but that part of their life, total independence, may be over. You can do this, and it won't last forever. Something will crack, and everything will change. When my grandma broke her hip, my mom went a little more berserk. She's been swearing at my cousin that she should be at the hospital to help my grandmother, since she's broken her hip twice and can help. Really?! Anyway, there's more, there's always more. I'll just give you the best stories here, because you've got to just laugh at some of this garbage or you are going to cry. Take care of yourself; you need to make that number one.

More, maybe about me, later, lol.

Our old momma cat that was feral for many years but is now an inside cat has a large lump on her belly. Most likely mammary gland- She is at least 14-15 yrs old. We noticed it when we gave her her bath time before last. Like you, we are not taking her in. She isn't in pain, eats like crazy and sleeps quite a bit. As long as she isn't suffering, we will just keep her happy.

I do treat my mother in law like a child sometimes because that is the only way to get her to understand.
    Like after so many years of listening to her say I was stupid for buying her gifts(this started over 30 yrs ago)- Finally one year I just said "No, YOU say Thank You!" I guess it finally sunk in when this past Christmas I tried to no except the cash she was giving as a gift because she was being mean about it and she replied back "take it and just say thank you"

Debbie

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well I slept ok ,and a minor miracle occured.. Siri jumped on the bed and Alfie and her were nose to nose ..without hissing and spitting.because I was petting them both.
    Im really struggling to think about canceling the cruise ..with it being such a close call with the baby.. I just don't know..
    Kylia- Have the happiest of Birthday's today xoxo

don't cancel your cruise. I know you are looking forward to it. It will only be a few days-enjoy every minute of it
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    [b
    I no longer have any dresses or skirts! Since they'd involve dressy shoes and pantyhose or tights, I couldn't wait to donate them, lol. I have some nice black pants and a subdued top if I have to attend a funeral. Nice clothes are the hardest for me to let go of, especially when I need to keep them in a couple sizes.

I pruned some of the apple trees by the chicken coop this morning. Wasn't chainsaw pruning but close. Lots of suckers I couldn't reach but I wanted to get the trees balanced out to keep them from tipping over. Both trees are starting to die, have a few years left in them to give shade to the chicken run and hopefully a few apples. I have several 2 x 4's I use as props when they start to put on fruit and foliage and become heavy.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
    ---This popped up on one of my feeds this morning: People do not decide their futures, they decide their habits and their habits decide their futures
    -F.M. Alexander

I have quite a few dresses and too many skirts, that is even after giving away about 1/2.
    I wear dresses to church- only two ladies that I have seen have ever worn pants- all the other ladies are in dresses/skirts.
    I have a couple pair of very comfy flat dress shoes, some great 4' heals that I like to wear occasionally and during the winter, I have two pairs of knee high boots.
    I never wear pantyhose- I wear my leggings under all of them. Capri length in the summer and long in the winter. Those take the place of both a slip and pantyhose and a whole lot more comfy.

I need to start pruning my roses and my one nectarine tree(need to spray it when it stops raining)
    Supposed to have a big storm coming in tomorrow.
    Hopefully it will not be too bad when we are loading and unloading for the show tomorrow.
    DH is skipping going to his mom's both in the morning and evening. Let's see how that goes. We did that for the last show and he paid for it for months after.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca