• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    Kim what a beautiful dog! I'm so sorry.

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Kim - Shedding a few tears with you right now. :( So sorry you've lost your beautiful friend.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    The stripes in the lace ups are reflections of parts boxes at work. The problem with these is they are suede. Too much yucky weather here for more suede. I will keep looking.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Kim- im so very sorry about Levi.. its just so very hard losing one of our furbabies..
    Today I have to hunt the paperwork down for the accountant for Tuesday
    Siri has found she loves the chair in the living room where I put a folded blanket ,and she has a lay of the land..
    Tracy got rid of most of all the baby stuff that I bought for Miles,porta crib,infant car seat etc... swing
    I told her im not in the position to buy it all over again,she will have to do what i did with them but back then it was tag sales and consignment shops.
    Today it will be Facebook Marketplace and Once upon a Child which is a consignment shop.as of now ive done 99 % of all the diapers for mr Miles,hopefully by the time this new one is born he will be out of diapers..
    She has read that diapers are made with some real nasty stuff ,and that the people making them ie: pampers ,huggies etc have to wear respirators and heavy duty ones as the components in the diaper are cancer causing.😳
    So lately Ive been buying disposable diapers made by Honest. It is not made with all the cancer causing stuff in it.
    Going to pick up the Alfster in a bit.
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Machka-sounds like you need to learn to really relax!

Kim-so sorry for the loss of Levi. We have put down three dogs over the years, and while it was a release for them it was extremely painful for us.

Debbie-given the weather forecast staying in may be a very good idea, but seems like friend could have decided sooner. Seems like he was a bit undependable in the past at shows. Maybe going out on your own is a good idea.

Kylia-nice cow person boots! I think they would go very well with the dress. I like the lace up boots. I think if you like them, you wear them. Some things may be more appropriate for the younger group (can't think of anything right now), but boots? That is just strange. DSW Polaris had several of those styles last time I was there, Fairfield store may still have some (don't know if there is one closer to you).

Haven't gotten back to work stuff yet. Cleaning up around house, started laundry. Went for walk and stopped at Dollar General for a few things. Going to take a load of card board boxes to recycling. I walked by and checked that bins have room so will load up back of car.

Still enjoying the sunshine!

Ginny in Ohio
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Time just got away from me. I see there’s lots I need to catch up on

But first about me. Let’s see, did some HIIT Wed. and then took the water aerobics class. Went to ceramics on Tuesday. Made fudge since they were celebrating the birthdays in the month of January. Got my tooth pulled Wed. Not a dentist appt I was looking forward to. Right now I’m on an antibiotic but I can feel that the infection is going down. I’m supposed to go back to him on the 9th just to be sure everything’s fine for when we’re in FL. It’ll heal while I’m there. They did take an impression for the bridge so they can put that in when I get back. The only things I can’t do are drink thru a straw (as that may dislodge the clot) and drink anything hot. Not a problem. Of course, missed bowling on Wed. night. Had ceramics on Thurs since she wasn’t there on Mon. Soup kitchen on Fri and then we prebowled for one of the weeks we’ll be in FL. Lectored yesterday. Trying to get packed for FL. Have been working on this x-stitch for the lady who took care of my father. When I downloaded the pattern, it was in 12 pages! You had to tape the pages together. What a pain. Have to be careful that you didn’t cover some stitches but you also didn’t want to leave the space on the bottom of the page. Made a ham for us to have next week and then when we get back. Right now I have a salmon loaf in the oven. Also made chocolate bran muffins yesterday.

Jess and Colby are coming down to the condo and one day we’re going to go to the Space Center. I dug out my t-shirt from the last space shuttle launch (which was probably about 10 years ago). Unfortunately, the t-shirt is a small (yes, I used to wear them well) but gravity and Mother Nature have NOT been my friend. Oh well, I think I can get by for one day. We’re also going to go to Andretti Thrill Park. We used to go there when the kids were little and drive the goKarts. Jess wants to take Colby there as a surprise.

Did Body for Life for Women DVD and then the Jackie Xtreme Time Saver DVD. Then went for my walk. To WalMart and bought gas.

My girlfriend in Switzerland got my “care” package and liked it

Tracey – I’ve even been using the foam roller on my calve. I think they didn’t mention it because not everyone has one. I did find that when I’m standing at work, I have to be mindful but I can stretch the calve. Also, I found that (this is funny) when I am in church, if I put my foot up on the kneeler, I can drop my calve to stretch it and no one is the wiser! Hope you get off that water restriction fast

Tomorrow is Bryan’s birthday. I am going to send him a short “happy Birthday” email.

All the Christmas decorations are down and put away.

Lanette – a compression fracture is no fun at all. Vince had one many years ago.

Anna – congrats on the loss. Yea for the jeans

You know, I was really surprised that BK didn’t advertise their 1 cent croissant. That is, unless they didn’t take part in it. If they did, I don’t want to hear any more about this “labor” thing. Everyone loves a bargain, and that might have brought in people who normally didn’t come but may decide “hey, this is pretty good” and come back.

Haven’t used my laptop in a while so have it doing all the updates before we go to FL.

Bought Jess and Colby each a set of Corelleware for their birthdays. I don’t think Colby will mind. So they’ll have service for 8

pip – love your bathroom. I’m hoping that we can at least get an estimate of redoing the bathrooms down at the condo.

Betsy – Hope your sister’s cold gets better soon. Glad you made it back safely

Ginny – safe travels to you, too

kylia – never heard of histamine intolernant! Regarding your FIL – I agree. My father, when he was in his 80’s and the doctor kept insisting that he go on dialysis felt “i’ve lived my life. If God wants me, I’m going, dialysis or not.” I think that’s a great attitude. He felt “what are you going to give me? 6 more months of pain from my arthritis?”

Rori and Tina – great picture

I think the antibiotic is somewhat not agreeing totally with me. My stool have been somewhat soft (sorry if TMI). But I know it’ll go away. Last time I was on clydamycin the exact same thing happened and it went away after I stopped so I know it’ll happen this time

Ordered new glasses from Sam’s. Hopefully, they’ll come in before we go to FL

The new thread for February! I forgot that it was a new month! Where DID the time go?

Vince can’t find his Last Space Shuttle t-shirt. Guess that’s what happens when you have a lot of t-shirts. I don’t have many since I’m not a t-shirt person

Vince talked to Ken the other day. Ken was saying that Lynette goes for her last radiation treatment & she wants Ken there when she rings the bell. I always thought that was when you ended chemo and were cancer free. Not ending radiation. Well...whatever

Carol – HUGS

Michelle NV – Glad your grandmother is doing well

Welcome everyone new!

Heather – nice picture

Allie – congrats to Tracy and Kyle. So sorry about your aunt. It took a while for Clyde and Loki to be “tolerating each other”. Yet, by the time Clyde passed, they were the best of buds. Alfi would miss you terribly if he went to live with Tom and Elena. He might even resent you. That’s not even including how heartbroken you would be. He’s doing fine now, I’d leave it. First, try walking Alfi more. Would you maybe be able to take him to Tracy’s? Dogs usually do fantastic with children (sMiles). Can you bring sMiles to your place?

Kim – I’m so so sorry to hear about Levi

Sue WA – WOW! What a tenant! Has she always been this way?

Barbara – hope that shoulder gets better fast. You, too, Lanette

kylia – happy birthday

Annie – I very seldom wear dresses or skirts. I only have two, the rest I donated. For one thing, they were out of style. Not to mention that my body has changed

Lisa – so glad you can get a new tire. What a scary experience!

Phew! Caught up. Apologies to anyone I missed. Know that my best thoughts are with you.

Michele NC
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Good day to all!

Allie-Sorry for your loss. Your aunt sounded very special.

Kim-sorry to hear about Levi. :'(

Those of you having aches and pains, I send healing vibes!

Speaking of aches and pains, I may actually be getting my chronic feet pain under control. Or maybe my body has just accepted it and I don’t feel it anymore.

Since I’m not cooking elaborately anymore, I’ve started trying new cooking methods. Today was sous vide eggs. Took a while and they came out too runny. Will have to try again. I have mastered sous vide chicken.

Well today is the last day without Niagara Falls from the sky for a week. They are saying hurricane force winds, but we will see. It’s windy now, but not much stronger than normal. I’ll head out for a run before it gets too bad.

Those with the current and forecasted rains, stay safe!

Tina in CA
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    :'( (((Kim))) :'( I'm so sorry, dear heart. Thinking about you.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Kim. I'm so sorry for your loss of Levi. He was a beautiful dog and such a good friend to you. I'm glad you took time off from work. Take care, friend.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,210 Member
    Options
    Kim - So sorry about Levi. I know he was a great friend to you. Grieve all you like, he was one of the most important relationships in your life. (((HUGS)) <3<3<3

Much love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Flea- no not trying to stay tied to him..
    Honestly.. for the reasons I said ,they have a large fenced yard and Tom dotes on him when he is there,but when I got there today he said when he lets him outside he goes to the side of the porch to look for me. And if he brings up the word Mom ,Alfie runs to the door waiting for me to come in the door lol.
    So I don't think it will ever become a thing,but bless them the took care of him for 6 months after my heart surgeries..
    Got a card,flowers and a cheesecake for Tracy for her Birthday, but dropped it off today and got to see my little man.. he is such an adorable little guy.