WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Here is where you can read about “Metabolic Acidosis” which includes High PH and low salt in my bloodwork, a form of CKD:
    https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/facts-about-metabolic-acidosis-and-chronic-kidney-disease

Whole wheat vs White The low phosphorus diet is why I am supposed to not eat whole wheat, along with my Colitis, which doesn’t like high fiber, this makes white preferred over whole wheat for me. Remember, this is for my diagnosis of Metabolic Acidosis See the link above for more information.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Lanette , Margaret, Annie – please get titleshttps://kidney.org/atoz/content/hyponatremia (car/house/etc.) in the name of living people. My grandma didn’t do it – she had inherited some real property and left it in the deceased person’s name, and some in her first husbands name and then when she died it was a nightmare! Ordering copies of death certificates from years before, getting copies of old wills to prove ownership…. About 18 months of paperwork before we could sell the house she was living in. As a gift to your children do the paperwork.

Tracey – I total agree about the rock…. Right now it seems to be growing in my pocket, but I know time will wear it down and smooth the edges, and help me build up some calluses so it doesn’t hurt so much. Hip Hip Hooray for DH and the pay raise
    Debbie – Great find!!!! The tacos look great.

Rita – I am so impressed with you taking on changing your diet multiple times to find the best choice for your body. I think your attitude is so much healthier than just taking a med for what ever ails you, but more work and commitment.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California

Thank you Kim I am tired of taking pills! I try the diet change first always. A way to let my body self-heal. Besides, the pills I would have to take for the kidneys would cost me $200 a month and I can’t afford that, so diet it has to be! LOL

I found that only 15% of CKD patients have what I have. Good to be in the minority for a change?? LOL Here is more on the low salt issue. I can’t find the correct way to treat that myself, so need to rely on doc for that issue. Plus, this is ENOUGH about CKD and me!! https://www.kidney.org/atoz/content/hyponatremia

RVrita
  • kevrit
    Options
    AND TODAY IS: yummy Alfredo!! Wave to your friends with your fingers today! Again no cellphone today??? Never gonna happen!! LOL
    6bwi4upzcbpm.jpeg
    sallg8z6oe7k.jpeg
    0leufilcdd5z.jpeg
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    Ive known ive had PkD poly cystic kidney disease, since I was 36 yrs old ( thanks mom) so ive seen a nephrologist since then im stage high 4 since then ,i haven't taken anything other than tylenol except for my surgeries since then.. Im.not good with diet and I also have hyperparathyroidism,im just a hot mess between all that,the heart issues,thyroid issues and the rheumatologist / lupus stuff yikes
    But after being rolled into a operating room where they open you up and basically stop your heart not once but twice,and live to tell the story..I am beyond blessed for sure and to have 2 .5 grandkids is just icingnon the cake.
    Got a call from the transplant team pharmacy..I had hepatitis vaccine in the 90s and i guess i thought it was a one time thing,but they want me to get the trio of shots again 🙄
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Lanette, checking is a good idea. We all lose some kidney function as we age. And yes, creatinine and GFR are key indicators. And protein in the urine.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Lisa, are there any rules for setting up a trust in the states regarding disposition? In Canada, I think the trust has to be dissolved after 21 years from the time it was formed. I'm going to discuss this further this fall when we go to our lawyer to update our wills. Not sure if a trust would be a good option for us but want to look into it. We also have to consider capital gains. Right now we each have a tax exemption of $1 million (it used to be $500,000). Lots to consider. Right now all our property is jointly owned and we are each co-owners on all vehicles.

Tracey, good new regarding Rodger's work. I'm sure he is pleased.

Spent a couple of hours this morning on my dreaded organic paperwork. Making headway slowly.

Joy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Debbie Have you tried calling your mom’s landline? Sometimes phone/copper power comes on at central before house power in neighborhoods. Had to google “percussion frogs” Do yours sound like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X32OXzj6pPo

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Her landline has been acting up off and on since the fires a few years ago- it was out for months at that time and has had them come work on it so many times since then- even got the guy's cell number to go straight to him and not through the company. When it rains, it always acts up and that is even when they do have power.
    She did send a quick text this morning- just said phones are down and that was it

yes, our frogs do sound like that. I got one years ago when we went down to Tijuana. A friend mentioned us making some after I showed him the frogs and toads we made. They are a bit of a pain in the butt to clean up but worth the work when they are done.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    [

Debbie If you don’t mind traveling for your shows, if you have a camper, you could come here for the Alien Festival the 4th of July Weekend (ufofestival.com) They haven’t posted the dates yet, but should be July 4-7 or the weekend before in June 28-30. With the type of items you make, you would sell a ton of them there! It’s hot but we are alway full up for that weekend, both campground and local hotels. It would be both fun and would most likely pay for the whole trip with the sales. I know someone who gets a booth with homemade ‘things’, (not the nicest booth or items and high priced) who sells out each year. Your creatures would be a great hit! PM me for more info.

RVRita in Bottomless Lakes State Park

It would be awesome to meet you and anyone else on this thread that would like to come! We could have our own Alien Fest at the park! LOL nv16p4mvmhz2.png

Seems like it worked write on phone. Guess just needed to update. 🙄

sounds fun but, too far to travel, don't have a camper(dh is NOT a camper of any kind) plus the heat is not a friend of this type of PLA plastic-it would warp, and not in a good way.
  • kevrit
    Options
    My dinner! Menudo soup
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I woke up to a big chill. My dad went to talk to a neighbor and left the front door wide open. I love my father, but he is the worst roommate!

Nothing on the calendar today, so I ought to keep working on these credit cards. And exercise. I thought about trying to match your stair climbing, Machka, but I would hurt my knee. I'm better off with Lisa, ten minutes on a good day, for now.

Maybe I shouldn't sit with my knee folded under me!

I made chili last night, is that like soup?

Brown one pound lean hamburger with one large chopped onion. Add one can " chili ready" diced tomato, one tiny can of tomato sauce with the oregano in it, and two cans of kidney beans. Simmer for maybe an hour.

A very easy recipe for a tasty meal.

My doctor talked about my kidneys but I don't remember what she said, other than no more ibuprofen. I wonder if I should stop the plant protein that I add to my oatmeal, but I'm resisting. It is filling.

Well hope you all can dry out a bit! Have a great day,

Annie in Delaware

I think they advise limiting red meat but I think plant protein might be OK.

I would be very tempted to install a motion activated voice recorder at the door that says "shut the door " when someone goes out.

And a security camera at the door.

M in Oz