WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Barbara: It’s not a class. We all do our own choice of craft. I’m working on a crochet gilet design of my own at the moment. I also have several embroidery projects, and a patchwork project on the go at the moment.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Woke up to more rain this morning- should be the last day of the storm system, with a break for a few days or a week before the next one.
    Plan on staying home until class tonight.
    Will walk the wetlands the next two days- Someone posted they saw(and posted a picture) of a bald eagle out there. I have never seen one in the wild so really hoping to see one.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

We got to see a whole bunch of them when we visited Canada in October. I was so excited!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 29sec, 61elev, 3.08ap, 79ahr, 96mhr, 6.22mi= 567c
    Strava app= 762c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 57.17min, 171elev, 128aw, 21.2amph, gear41, 111ahr, 49arpm, 149mhr, 20.26mi= 363c
    Strava app= 421c
    Zwift stats- 57.19min, 174elev, 128aw, 49arpm, 21.25amph, 20.3mi= 422c

Total cal 930
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Kim I would add that you have user names and passwords for your loved ones. I have these which will help. Still it will be a long process. I hope to go to DMV either next week or the week after. Friday will get an oil change and new battery for his car, so it will be ready to sell when I get the title changed.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Woke up to more rain this morning- should be the last day of the storm system, with a break for a few days or a week before the next one.
    Plan on staying home until class tonight.
    Will walk the wetlands the next two days- Someone posted they saw(and posted a picture) of a bald eagle out there. I have never seen one in the wild so really hoping to see one.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

We got to see a whole bunch of them when we visited Canada in October. I was so excited!

I thought I was going to get to see a bunch years ago when I stayed with my cousin who lived at that time on a little island off of Juneau,AK at what they called the dump. Drove up and saw nothing.
    I was so looking forward to seeing all the wild life you see on the National Geographic Channel when I was flying over to see him-I was in the co-pilots' seat of one of the small mail float planes- mid Feb. Lots of snow but not one animal.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    cab7c13ixj1b.jpg
    96eoibey8vke.jpg
    2 little ones that are very comfy..
    Miles has his new Toy Story jammies on.
    Siri is corked off on my pillow.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Dia_R
    Dia_R Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’m having a hard time following the conversation here. It’s just one big thread? And how do you/we reply to previous people?
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,390 Member
    edited February 8
    Options
    Dia_R wrote: »
    I’m having a hard time following the conversation here. It’s just one big thread? And how do you/we reply to previous people?

It is one big long thread, but restarted each month. It's been described as a cafe', with lots of hubbub, where you can move from one table to another.

It's one of the reasons we ask people for a name to refer to them, and a place in case we need to differentiate, as for instance, we have a Michelle in NV and a Michele in NC. A few of us use the usernames, but the rest use personal names, and add an answer or just a comment on their original post. You can also do as I've done above and use the "quote," function under their post. That will move their entire post down to the comment box and put it in a gray box. As long as you type your answer after the [ /quote] code ending, your answer will follow the gray quote box as mine does here.

That's as complicated as it gets - we start clean again each month, and if you use the initial link for this comment thread, (https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10908717/women-ages-50-for-february-2024#latest) you will be placed back into the thread where you last left it.

Hope to see more of you!

Regards,
    Lisa in Arkansas

Edit to add: Do NOT feel you have to reply or comment to everyone! You can drive yourself crazy that way. Just chime in where you feel comfortable or have something to add, or ask questions yourself.

Lisa
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    Dia_R wrote: »

It is one big thread! Like all the forums of the past 25 years and not like Facebook.

Click quote, like I have done here to reply to someone or use @Dia_R

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Went to the Y and used the stairstepper and then took the water aerobics class. Afterwards went to the Salvation Army (got 2 DVD’s) then Aldi. The guy came and took down the tree. He was going to trim another tree that’s hanging over the neighbor’s, but I couldn’t get someone to move the cars so he’ll do it another day. Took my walk to the vet to get a prescription for Loki. Newcomer bowling tonight.

Rori – Consumer Report just did a study on mattresses. You might want to check it out, too.

Supposed to go to the orthopaedist tomorrow about my tight calve. It’s really not getting any better and I’m stretching it to nobody’s business. Interested to hear what he has to say.

Then Fri I go to the dentist just to be sure the infection is gone and all’s ok for FL

Lanette – the tree was some sort of evergreen. I wasn’t home when the tree actually came down so I’m not sure if he climbed it or not. Vince said that when he took it down they did find little ants in it eating the bark which is probably what weakened it. He was going to trim a limb on another tree that was hanging over the neighbor’s cars, but we couldn’t get someone to move the cars so when he comes back (and I have no idea when that’ll be) he said he’d trim it as long as the cars aren’t there.

Made hard boiled eggs in the IP

Annie – I am so impressed with the fact that you always get right back to exercise. You don’t rush it, you take it slow at first. But you do it, and that’s what’s important

Dia-R – welcome. Come back often. This is one thread until the end of the month when barbie will post a link to a new thread for the next month. We’re just a very prolific bunch so don’t feel you have to respond to everyone. I don’t think anyone does that. I, for one, just keep a word document open and when I want to respond to someone, I just type their name and what I want to say.

Rita – I agree with you, change diet rather than taking all kinds of meds. Then you wind up having all sorts of interactions. Wish I could get Vince to realize this. He’ll take a med for this and a med for that

Laurie TX – welcome!

Michele NC
    soon to be FL, can’t wait
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    margaret - good call on login's and passwords...

Kim in N. California
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Lisa - that’s not too bad for a wait. Our healthcare system in Canada is on the brink of collapse I fear. The federal government pushes it to the provincial and the provincial can’t seem to do much.
    My friend has a truck and had rented a UHaul to move other stuff. Sometimes people just don’t think.
    It’s funny what works for one doesn’t for another. I had a trackball mouse and ended up with the first signs of carpal tunnel. I then had a small little pretty mouse and ended up with tennis elbow. Turns out I need a mouse that fits my whole hand and I use it right on the desk. I also found out that all of the scrolling on my phone was causing me issues with my wrist, elbow and shoulder. Apparently it’s a gamers thing. 🤷‍♀️

Kylia - do you have to be responsible for those things for DH? Can he not take care of some of his own stuff. I used to take care of that stuff for my DH, but recently I have backed off and let him deal with his own stuff.
    I admire how much you do both work wise and personally.

Heather - I have been reading about shrink wrapped things being mailed and how difficult the wrinkles are to get out. Maybe when you can you should hang the dress in the bathroom when taking a shower to let the steam help.
    Businesses are shrink wrapping for shipping cost savings.
    It’s a big topic on one of my crafting groups lately.

Rebecca - I am so incredibly happy for you!!!!!!!!

Debbie - I had to chuckle a bit about you not seeing what you expected, but I truly understand your disappointment. I always wanted to go to Texas, I guess probably because I grew up watching Dallas and the soap opera called Texas. I also read a lot of books based on Texas. I’m 1995 I finally got there when I was in a trip with DH when he was driving truck. I was so disappointed, I didn’t see a real cowboy, tumbleweed or long horned steers. I do think I might have seen an oil Derrick, not sure though.
    Then the first few times we went to the mountains here, I never saw any wildlife except mountain sheep. Again, disappointing.
    I have seen bald eagles a few times in my life. I wish I had gotten a picture this summer there was one flying where DH and I had gone to see the sunset on our vacation. I was so in awe I couldn’t think to get my phone out fast enough. He was a beauty.

Machka - I don’t schedule time to think and plan because my brain has a real hard time not planning, thinking, rehashing. I struggle to have a quiet mind and not think about that stuff to “just enjoy the moment”. I’m trying very hard though.

I went for lunch with a friend, stopped at my other friends to get the wheelbarrow, ended up loading up my car with stuff for her. She’ll get it tomorrow. She took a load to her camper and came here to eat her takeout before heading back to the city.

I have a busy day tomorrow, I’m hoping for some me time too.

I’m off to bed.
    Tracey in Edmonton