WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    John and I had fun this afternoon, testing out our new marker pens. I just messed about, enjoying the freedom. Made a little collage out of the results for Instagram. :p
    u5p6zc6qepbi.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

That might look cute on a T-shirt!
  • Machka9
    Options
    Rebecca - Love the hair, it suits you, and the smile suits you even more...

Heather - The marker images are quite kicky, and they look like you're having fun together. While you're playing, you should play with different paper textures - they act quite differently on different papers and surfaces from canvas to various fabrics as well.

Rita - Sorry I don't have advice on where to look for your watch. Terribly frustrating, I know, especially with something expensive. It was always quite helpful to make me do impromptu cleaning, though, if there is any silver lining.

Barbara - Waking up from those high-emotion dreams always leaves a sticky hangover for me, I'm glad that you were able to use my philosophizing to help, even if just a little.

Vicki & Heather - And everyone who commented on my contretemps with Corey and his preciouses... Mainly because of your suggestions, and just the fact that there was a possibility to change things, I called him today and asked him if he'd be willing to drag it down to the old stable, where so much of his collected stuff now exists. It would not be visible there from the house. He laughed and said we'll take a look at it. I'm OK with that. I can't believe it took me six years to ask for that...

Anyway, the kids have come and gone and I have pictures of the new apartment, which is not to my taste (dark wood, dark granite, dark tile - very modern), but is making them very happy. Plus lots of amenities quite near them. I hope they're very happy there.

I just woke up from a wonderful and badly needed nap which hopefully helped me recover somewhat from Tuesday's cleaning binge and then the overnight guests last night. Cardio in the morning, gastro in the afternoon, still debating whether to drive home a half hour to rest for only a couple hours in between. I guess I'll play it by ear.

Much love from sunny, balmy, Arkansas,
    Lisa

My face. I have noticed that in "resting Rebecca face" I have lines on both sides of my mouth pulling it visually down. So not a fun thing to look at! So I try to smile, as my momma used to say, "to give the world a pretty picture and make it reflect back onto you".
    I wanna look at smiling people.😁
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

It's a little game for me ... I'll smile at someone (work colleagues, sales staff in stores, etc.) who isn't smiling and see if they'll smile back at me. :):)

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Cycling today ... and gardening.

najybpo7wbul.png
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Michele thanks. Your level of exercise is impressive! Hope you are enjoying Florida. We still have snow on the ground.

I am paying for that mocha latte with insomnia. I do so much better without caffeine. And I have a busy day coming up.

I decided to attend a church service by Zoom. The socializing will be good for me. And Dad doesn't care if I push back lunch by half an hour, so I could actually go in person. Except that I need air in my tires so I need to fix that before I drive that far. But I'm sort of nervous about strangers, which only goes to show I need more socialization. Like a puppy.

I should receive the Rubin book about habits late tonight. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks Barbie!

Annie in Delaware

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited February 18
    Options
    Annie: Bravo on getting back on the bus, so to speak. I had to rethink my attitude to reaching maintenance. Going back to old habits will only take me back to where I started. The habits I developed when losing weight have to be permanent if I want to maintain.

April: Most definitely the food you eat will affect how you feel. I always feel a bit off if I have over-indulged.

Rebecca: I’m delighted that you have had your boys for an extended visit. You joy jumps off the page.

Have a grand day!

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Terri thank you!

Noom starts my day with a little pep talk about dieting. Very cheerful. That little bit of encouragement is valuable! There's not that much new information, just a little boost with just a touch of choice, personalization, and commitment. I answer some questions by clicking on a button that says "I commit to..." I bet in ten years they will have AI chatbots for that kind of coaching. Hope it gets cheaper.

Anyway, I need to keep the calories low today because I'm going out tomorrow. Let's see if I can skip my Sunday ice cream to trade for something at the restaurant.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Lanette - I did all the tests and came out with flying colours! The only one I couldn't do was my right hand at the bottom back stretch. With my left hand lowest, I can do it v easily. I don't have 5 lb weights, so I used my 2 kg. I was way over, so I count that as OK. I use 7 kg dumbbells every day anyway.
    I managed to get through the night without pain killers. A bit achy, but I did get to sleep, albeit broken. Today I've taken aspirin in preparation for walking to the restaurant. Haven't taken those in years! But I guess they can't hurt for circulation.
    It just seems so weird to me that I can do all these tests perfectly, but my blood circulation to my legs is compromised. I'm so glad I now know what the problem is and have a plan. The intermittent claudication is very activity limiting, so I'm determined to grow those extra blood vessels! :p

Tracey - Loving your decor. You have a great eye.

Max arrives any minute. I wanted to take him to an Indian restaurant, but our local ones are shut at lunchtime, so it's going to be the Persian.
    Poor John is still sore on his gum, and can't wear his plate. Very gappy. Bea said, "Do you mind if I ask you a question? " ....... "Why have you got gaps in your mouth?" So sweet of her to ask politely.
    I'm trying to cook him soft food. He will have chicken at the restaurant, not his usual lamb.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Options
    Michelle in NV great work on decluttering!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    edited February 18
    Options
    Weight fluctuations can happen for a number of reasons:

- if you weigh yourself first thing in the morning after your morning pee, you will likely be the lightest because food is digested and liquid is out.
    - liquid and food weigh something. 500 ml of liquid will be half a kilogram. If you've had a big cup of black coffee and glass of water (like I do each morning), and if you weigh yourself before and after, you'll see the change.
    - on the other hand, dehydration will show a loss ... but that's not good.
    - things like air travel, warm weather, sunburn, lack of sleep, more exercise than usual, surgery, too much salt, and several other things will show a weight gain from water weight.
    - if your scale is on a carpet, it won't show a good consistent reading. It's got to be on a solid surface.

It's best to be consistent. Pick a time and weigh yourself at that time each day. That way you can track patterns and trends.

This is why I weigh myself every day in the morning after my morning pee. I can see the patterns and trends that way. I know that Saturday morning will show my best weight of the week, so mentally, I sort of count that one as "official".

When I'm dropping weight, it might be a whole kilogram in a week, but during the week, it will be small portions of a kilogram (200 grams, 400 grams, etc.)

A big overnight loss would have me suspecting I'm quite dehydrated.

M in Oz