WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Hmm. The scale hasn't jumped back up yet. I had seven glasses of water yesterday. I feel like I haven't got a stable baseline yet. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Meanwhile I did my ten minutes on my bike and six minutes walking even though I was awake half the night. Yay! I can tell I'm out of shape when walking is exertion.

Annie in Delaware
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not up to much today. Headache, cough, sinus stuffed (no covid, I tested for that) so lots of rest and liquids today.

Today is: 👍 A thumbs up to us wonderful women!! Have a great day!
    7wj2kslj5onk.jpeg
    6ls2wsnjje9g.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    My medical friend P thought my self-diagnosis was rubbish. I'm still convinced. Anyway, working on my walking can't hurt. My chair has arrived.

I don't fit the normal parameters, apart from high blood pressure. And I am overweight right now.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: Good Earth Sweet and Spicy tea, original, with caffeine.
    Yesterday’s gratitude: Found Post Office box key in pocket of jacket hanging in closet. Whew!
    Shopping the art and chocolate festival strategy did not work for meeting step goals… but I found a dark blue eyelet overshirt that fits, shoulders, sleeves, stomach. WOW! Debated buying, even walked away, but realized I’d regret it if I didn’t so Mastercard!!!
    Was able to resist all the chocolates, even the pain chocolate ($5?), but not the root beer jelly . . . ;}
    Lisa “doctor clinic bingo” and “Wrapping our reasons for doing things into who we are instead of what we want or don't want makes it more permanent and easier to identify with for ourselves as well as others.” Well put, thanks!
    Machka “water colours (blues from green-blues to purple-blues) are my favourite,” mine too!
    2/17: Move mins- wii:11/23 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 Steps:4542
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-16 CI<CO net=160 vits=0.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, Art and chocolate fair with T, Freddie’s, hymns. Wt:133.2
    Only through pg 39 but timer just bonged.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Annie, You seem very solution oriented right now, so I'm going to share a few things about my beginnings on MFP. I was 62 years old and weighed 185. I couldn't buy clothes in the regular sizes in the stores and the jeans I wore had an elastic waistband, I cried in dressing rooms when I tried on clothes. Losing weight had been a challenge most of my adult life. I thought I was doomed. Here are some of the things I did when I found MFP and made the decision to start my journey to health, weight loss, and fitness.

*I committed to logging onto MFP every morning no matter what and read this thread and a few others while eating my breakfast. The reading was my support, inspiration, and cheering section.

*I put a pad of paper on the counter in the kitchen so I could make tally marks for each glass of water and list whatever sessions of exercise I did.

*I experimented to find a breakfast that worked for me and still eat that same breakfast every morning.

*I made meals with the food in the freezer and cupboards to use up what I had while planning easy to make healthy meals for the future.

*I consulted with my husband to make sure that my healthy meals met his desires.

*I decided to prepare only one meal a day for the two of us. The others were "find it and fix it" so we could eat different things if we wanted to.

* I buy only those foods that fit into the meals I've planned and I keep the number of choices very low.

*I started slowly on exercise and built up over time. What started as 15 minutes of walking has become 90 minutes or more.

*I shopped for the right outerwear so I couldn't use the weather as an excuse for not walking.

*I read books that could teach me what I needed. Most of the recommendations came from women on this thread (that's part of the inspiration I got by reading the thread every morning).

* And, just like you, I asked questions, and made use of the answers. Things take time. James Clear talks about a 1% change a day or week adding up to huge changes over time.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Barbie - I love this. Great guidance for anyone wanting to lose weight or get back in shape, no matter what stage they are in their health journey. Every word here is important. ;)<3

Thank you.

Lanette

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Did MFP take down the heading Find Members? I always thought that was interesting but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    @dlfk202000

Debbie-My grown-up son could be Godzilla's biggest fan. He literally has everything Godzilla. He even did his baby's bedroom in Godzilla.

@GodMomKim

Michelle in NV

my husband loves all kinds of sci-fi/comic/etc, especially Japanese(he is half).
    Last night he worked on a few UltraMan prints and looking for a file for AstroBoy.
    Spiderman would be his most favorite I think of all of it but really likes all the Japanese
    "cartoons"
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Annie – yea for you getting on that bike. You always amaze me how you get right back on the horse

Colby and Vince left to go to Daytona. Seems they’re pushing up today’s race to 4 hoping to get it in before it rains too hard. I’m glad, I got the feeling that Colby really wanted to go. Update: they only got the qualifying in. Race will be run on Monday. I have a strong suspicion that the 500 will be rained out and run on Monday although NASCAR hasn’t officially made that statement.

Pip – I love the newer blinds. They are so much easier to raise/lower then the older ones. Good job! How DARE you tell us you’re getting a new car and not give any more details! Like make, model, color

Debbie – love Godzilla, especially the lights

M = Vince took fencing in college and we have his sword and mask still in our garage.

Michele now FL

Once it’s a sure thing, u know I’ll spill the beans
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Hmm. The scale hasn't jumped back up yet. I had seven glasses of water yesterday. I feel like I haven't got a stable baseline yet. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Meanwhile I did my ten minutes on my bike and six minutes walking even though I was awake half the night. Yay! I can tell I'm out of shape when walking is exertion.

Annie in Delaware

Just keep weighing yourself at the same time every day for a couple weeks and when you look back you might be able to identify your "high point". 😀 It can be difficult to identify what is going on over 2 or 3 days.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Tracey - that little cabinet looks great, good job. Love the light and decorations. Have you always had the knack for design? When I look at the photos of your house, it looks like a display at a high end store.

Pip - the blinds are awesome. You and Tracey need to go into business together. Yes, we want more details on the new car. I can see you and Kirby zooming down I-5 in a Corvette convertible but something tells me you'll go for more of a family car that can haul your pups. Though I can picture them in the back seat of a 'Vette with sunglasses on, ears flappin' in the wind. ;):p

Joy - June will be here before you know it. I'm already anxious to see photos of Newfoundland. ;) I have fond memories of midnight lambing in my PJ top with just a jacket pulled on. At least I'd change into jeans. Stretching out and resting my eyes on bales of hay waiting for the next one. Miss it.

Annie - what fun with the new scale, awesome job. Sounds like Noom is getting you off to a good start. ;) Daily motivation works as we develop new habits. You can do this! I still need daily motivation to keep up with my established good habits, and that's why I come here. I think you'll be surprised at how quickly your stamina returns. <3 Keep going!

Machka - understandable your wanting a place without hills as you age. If you moved back to Canada to retire, would you be looking at a maritime climate like BC rather than the hot and cold prairie?

Heather - I just knew you'd do great on the fitness test. :p I think that's important information to take to your doctor. I wonder if doing a minute or two of the rapid steps before you walk would help with the pain? A heavy duty warm-up?

I've been looking into HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training. It seems like several sessions of rapid 30 second Step-Ups with a minute of rest between them would do the trick. Need to explore this further. Glad I'm retired. And people wonder what I do all day, lol.

I didn't do so well on the Back Scratch. I got within 2 inches with my right hand and 5 inches with my left. That was my frozen shoulder which still flares a little sometimes. I'm OK with that, it's so much better than it was. So I'm counting that as win.

The 8 foot Up & Go came in at 6 seconds as far as I can tell. I did it a couple times - it got Rosie worked up and she kept getting in my way barking and I was afraid I'd trip over her. I'd tell her to "move it!" and she'd jump onto the chair. My workout coach. '

Lisa - if I could find the teleporter or borrow one of Rita's UFO's, I go with you to your medical appointments and hold your hand if you want. I bet several more of us would jump in and you'd have the whole gang stuffed into the exam room. :p Have fun with the fitness test.

I'm impressed with the list of items you and Corey got moved and rearranged. It's like moving into a new house only cheaper and much less hassle.

Reminder tomorrow is the "Weekly Check-in" and feel free to post what you are Celebrating & Navigating if you want. Cutoff is tomorrow morning.

Make it a fabulous day. <3

Lanette B)
    Cool and drizzly SW WA State

Retiring to Canada is likely 10 years away ... a lot can happen in that time. But most of my family are scattered throughout southern BC so that would be the first area we would consider.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options