WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Annie--You are off to a great start.
    Kylia--Glad to see you post, missed you. Sorry to hear about your hard week. This weather is a bear. Today we are to get up to 70, it's crazy.
    Flea--So happy for all the good things happening for you and DH.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Flea - delighted things are looking up. Relief! :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Flea congratulations to DH!

Vicki thanks!

It's about time for taxes. I'm so reluctant. So childish!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Flea- ah, such good news on your DH's new job. Hope he enjoys it. Takes a lot of pressure off, for sure. And with the sale of Mom's house - things can finally settle down a bit in your life. So happy for you. <3

Margaret - thank you for sharing what you run across regarding alternative medicine and how we can take back control of our health. I think you have the perfect answer to folks who want to know how you are doing.

Heather - I don't blame you for being miffed. Like Lisa said, hopefully the NP will take the time to listen and be able to immediately get you scheduled for any more tests or exams you need.

Lisa - as you described your cardiologist, my heart started going <3 pitty pat <3 and I think I need to schedule an appointment with him ASAP. :p Seriously, so happy that you have a doc willing to listen and is interested in YOU not just your heart. Sending good luck charms for your test and appointment next week.

Rosemarie - have fun babysitting your son's pup. Sounds like a great companion. :)

Kim - sorry about that cold. I bet you'll have it beat in no time.

Sue in WA - my library had the book, and I just downloaded it onto my Kindle. It looks good - one of these days I'll share another funny chicken story. ;) Happy to hear your ankle is doing better.

Had a nice lunch with M. Still full and won't need much supper.

I wasn't planning to start any tomatoes from seed but popped into the neat little garden store for a couple minutes and walked out with seeds for 2 "bush-type" tomatoes. One is Glacier - for cooler climates, and the other is a patio-type called Cherry Falls. So we'll see. I won't plant them until the end of March - I generally can't get them planted outside until late May or early June it seems.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    @April in Indiana it is called Everlywell they have a website, and I’ve seen it at Walmart and Walgreens
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    It's not the NP I mind, it's the phone consult. I have emailed them with my thoughts. Don't expect any reply.
    I managed to walk from the school to my son's house, but was in quite a lot of pain. Lots of sit downs. No claudication though.

John is out for lunch with his cricket friend tomorrow, so I have a few hours to myself. :D Going to make an easy dinner as he will have had a substantial lunch.
    I'm scheduled to ring my friend L tomorrow late pm.

I will attempt to get the Hovarian questions answered for the article.

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Rats just lost a long post, and too bushed to redo.

Off to bed.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    @April in Indiana it is called Everlywell they have a website, and I’ve seen it at Walmart and Walgreens

Thank you @kevrit I will definitely check it out. :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited February 21
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Lanette - when I was working in the camp garden, I would start tomatoe and pepper seeds in early january so they were ready in 4 inch or bigger pots to go out in April. Your growing season is a bit later than we are down here but you might want to pot those seed up asap if you have room so you have bigger plants for planting out... That always means a sooner harvest. I am aways ready for the first tomato harvest before it is here. LOL

smiles Kim in N. California

Kim - thank you.

When I grew lots of tomatoes for the Master Gardener Plant sale held toward the end of May, I'd get them going in January. They had to be in gallon pots, preferably 18" tall or taller and staked, so they needed a lot of growing time in the greenhouse.

Now that I'm just growing a few in 5 gallon buckets for myself to snack on, I don't need them any higher than 8" in 4" pots by the end of May. And I plant them as deep as I can so they make plenty of roots.

My house and back yard are in a challenging microclimate and I can get frost through the end of May. :( My place is at 600'. For folks in the valley at 100', it's a different story.

A few years ago, the summer here was so chilly, the plants just sat for a month in suspended animation. I didn't even get Sun Golds until September - I'd usually start picking them in late July. Just too cool to set fruit. Then, once they started to ripen, the nights began to cool and they started to split. Aggravating. Last year was a little better, but most of the varieties still started ripening within a week of each other. No use to plan for "early ones." Maddening.

Maybe my luck will change with the Glacier - 55 days. We'll see.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 10min 17sec, 40elev, 2.81ap, 84ahr, 102mhr, 6.23mi= 598c
    Strava app = 763c
    No time to spin or go to the gym
  • Deb__23
    Deb__23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ginnyliz hi there my cal counts is 1200 most days it is past 1800 with exercise and right know I am trying to focus on being in the healthy BMI low end then try for more weight loss but this is my 1 goal ,breaking it up in stages
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Cathe’s Pure Strength Back Biceps and Abs DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill.

Went to the Space Center today. Jess got us all tickets. The nice thing was that at the end of the bus tour there was a launch. So glad Colby got to see another launch

Ginny – hope you find the right person

Tracey – Vince and Colby went up to Daytona Sat. for the Xfinity qualifying then on Mon. for the 500. Vince got cold so they didn’t stay for the Xfinity. It’s interesting that he got cold but Colby didn’t.

Admitted, I haven’t been good at eating, especially today. I tell you, there wasn’t much to eat at the Space Center (decent food, that is). But I did resist having a calzone for dinner and just had a turkey hero.

Wore my pedometer today. Walked almost all day but it only says I walked 8,000 steps. I’m sure it’s because most of the walking was stop and go. Barbie says that her pedometer gets confused with all the stop and go when she’s walking the dogs and I’m sure that’s what happened to me

Flea – how wonderful for your hubby and you

Lisa – so happy you found such a great MD

Michele now in FL who is tired
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options