What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,579 Member
    Options
    First time in a while that I had been in such a large group of people, been sick with a cold ever since. 😖
    I always get the crud when I go to conventions or museums, etc. Sucks.

When I think about all the germs at those places, it makes me not want to do it often. 😖
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Not to brag but we had to cancel our office Christmas dinner because everyone in the office had been sick.

Except me.

Because I'm antisocial. :)
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,828 Member
    Options
    Last week I made banana pudding. Today I made tiramisu. What’s next week’s trifle?
  • Songbird_30
    Songbird_30 Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 19
    Options
    Meal prepping
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Eyes on your own plate
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ocho Cinco

Sigh
    Cry
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    PCOS being associated with childhood emotional abuse
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I’m trying to take a break from drawing this week to see if the pain in my hands improves
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,421 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to take a break from drawing this week to see if the pain in my hands improves

I hope drawing isn’t the cause 😔
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Nex Benedict
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    They were only 16. Baby.
  • Songbird_30
    Songbird_30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Flattery will get you nowhere with me, a good sense of humour and respect we could be friends 😁
  • Nus95
    Nus95 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    No friends at the moment! 😭
    Please feel free to add me 💜

Trying to lose weight and could really use some motivation xx
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Would someone knowledgeable please tell me their thoughts on calf raises? They seem inefficient to me.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Would someone knowledgeable please tell me their thoughts on calf raises? They seem inefficient to me.

I don't claim to be knowledgeable, but a few years ago I hired a personal trainer. I've worked out regularly for years, just wanted to up my game a bit. I'm an avid walker and put in lots of miles every week, so when the trainer had me to weighted calf raises on a machine I thought nothing of it. I walk, my calves are strong, right? WRONG! Felt fine the rest of the evening, but the next morning when I got out of bed OUCH!!! I basically had to hold on to the wall and cry while walking on my tip toes for the next few days. Lesson learned! Do not neglect the calf raises!

YMMV, of course and maybe I'm just a weakling.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I don't claim to be knowledgeable, but a few years ago I hired a personal trainer. I've worked out regularly for years, just wanted to up my game a bit. I'm an avid walker and put in lots of miles every week, so when the trainer had me to weighted calf raises on a machine I thought nothing of it. I walk, my calves are strong, right? WRONG! Felt fine the rest of the evening, but the next morning when I got out of bed OUCH!!! I basically had to hold on to the wall and cry while walking on my tip toes for the next few days. Lesson learned! Do not neglect the calf raises!

YMMV, of course and maybe I'm just a weakling.
    Thank you 😊 I appreciate it

I’m interested to know about functional benefit as opposed to aesthetic benefit. I wear high heels a couple of times a week and have good calf genetics so aesthetically I already like the way they look.

Various calf raises are included in my lifting program. I want to be sure I’m not wasting my time.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options

I prefer standing calf raises over seated. I find higher reps with relatively heavy weight has worked best for me. Get a full stretch on the bottom before squeezing back up to the top. I like to hold the squeeze for an extra second before lowering the weight. My eccentric is roughly 2 seconds, again making sure I get a full stretch on the bottom.

Sometime if the weight I’m doing is too heavy for 15 consecutive reps I’ll turn it into a cluster set of 5,5,5 with a 10 to 20 sec rest between each cluster set.

Hope this helps itchy 😁
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I agree and I prefer standing calf raises, too.

Also, my trainer had me do one set with feet straight forward, one with both toes pointed inward and another with toes pointed outward. I still do them and they are effective for me.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I prefer standing calf raises over seated. I find higher reps with relatively heavy weight has worked best for me. Get a full stretch on the bottom before squeezing back up to the top. I like to hold the squeeze for an extra second before lowering the weight. My eccentric is roughly 2 seconds, again making sure I get a full stretch on the bottom.

Sometime if the weight I’m doing is too heavy for 15 consecutive reps I’ll turn it into a cluster set of 5,5,5 with a 10 to 20 sec rest between each cluster set.

Hope this helps itchy 😁

Yes!

I’m thinking about trying… I don’t know what you call it but a standing on a plate so that my heels go deeper. I don’t know if i’m explaining that right or if it has a name
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options

Hope this helps itchy 😁

Yes!

I’m thinking about trying… I don’t know what you call it but a standing on a plate so that my heels go deeper. I don’t know if i’m explaining that right or if it has a name

You are. If you’re using a barbell then you’d need a plate or one of those aerobic steps.