WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    Machka - What current uni course are you taking? Love the coloring page! Broke down and ordered another wood puzzle from Amazon. Really enjoyed the last one, and I think it's quite good for my spatial sense, which is sadly lacking.
    bvoo53m4kghj.png
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Nice puzzle!

auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka didn’t know you were taking another uni course, what is it?
    Barbara

My course is Clinical Costing Fundamentals and Analyses
    https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/short-courses/clinical-costing-fundamentals-and-analyses/

M in Oz
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Morning, all... from the darkness of an Arkansas Saturday morning, supposed to get up to 70f (20c) this afternoon. Two sunny days on the weekend for the first time since last year!

The warmer, drier weather is helping my joints soooo much. The cold and the rain do kinda pound on my pain levels. And I just thought the meme was funny... I think this group is probably the only one that knows everything that's going on with me, but there are times when I'm afraid it's all I talk about. Tell you what: If you see me put "organ recital," as the title for a spoiler, you'll know what you're in for! 👀😂😈. I genuinely never mind listening to other people's, and in fact I learn a lot from what you talk about in your lives.

Woke up unsettled. In my dream, I tried and tried in a crowded room to find a place to sit so I could eat, and no one would let me sit. I could feel myself about to faint because I was so hungry and forced myself to wake up so I wouldn't faint in the dream! Wonder what my twisted little psyche thought would happen if I did? 😂👀🙃

Hopefully a better day with more energy - slept like a baby last night.

Heather - Love the Art. It looks like something you all enjoy tremendously.

Machka - Love the idea of fencing. Your dedication to always learning in every arena of your life is continually inspirational.

Terri - Sorry about your daughter's dog. Always hard to lose them.

Lanette - Kind of with Barbara AHMOD on this one. I genuinely understand that need to do things yourself. However, my sister is on disability for her back due to a fall from a ladder, my fall from one is what precipitated the knee replacement in my right knee while we were working on this house, and my brothers have all had injury-level falls. Be aware of the initial setup being very stable, and be supremely aware while stepping up or down. Never relax your sense of where your body is while you're on a ladder. Corey finally bought an adjustable outside ladder that is too heavy for me to move, and even on the few steps up or down on the inside stepstools, I'm very careful.

Allie - Sorry about the UTI. I was told the estradiol cream should help with those issues, too.

And on that note, before I go wandering off into the research rabbit hole, I'll sign off. Hope it is or was a lovely Saturday for all.

Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,042 Member
    Options
    Heather so glad you guys always have such a good time.

I did my 10 minutes of bike an 6 minute walk Yay!

I am running so early today! Now it's such a long time until lunch!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    Machka thanks for the ideas. I could probably volunteer one day a week. Hmm.

I've been considering becoming a pharmacy technician. There are several self-paced online programs I could take to get a certification. They mostly have internships for experience. It's portable, I could work just about anywhere. One downside is shift work. I don't drive at night, but maybe I could get better at it. I could do early mornings.

Another option is to learn Python or Android or something and go back to programming. It would be difficult to get hired but the pay would be better. I think the stress of deadlines would be higher, but the working conditions would be quieter. I would have to move or work remotely.

Dad is not ready to put me on the house deed. I would have to have him declared incompetent and he would hate me. Plus I couldn't care for him if I lost his trust. I'm not ready for that, but I might be, after taxes!

Annie in Delaware

Kirby was a pharmacy technician for 30 some odd years.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Oh Kim- So sorry to read about Levi! Has your embroidery business slowed down?
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Today is… Maybe I can create some art with toast, chili, and corn chips, and a drink?? Have a great day!!
    t70m0bqdad4p.jpeg
    33efgbwgway4.jpeg
    s6ycdeyidl7x.jpeg