WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Deb__23 wrote: »
    Hello I am not a newbie here but am starting over and would love to join your group my name is Debbie from Manitoba Canada I am looking forward to making friends as I start my new healthy losing the weight life style :)

Welcome Debbie- This is a great group of ladies. Lots of support and suggestions
    Look forward to seeing you post often

Debbie,
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,112 Member
    Options
    Heather Yay! So glad you found some help!

Welcome Debbie in Manitoba!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Lanette! :p I spent several hours on YouTube researching peripheral artery disease and intermittent claudication. WOW! Such a lot on there! I would bet any amount that I have that. Some really good people to listen to, including a high level vascular surgeon.
    The gyst of the treatment, is that I should walk briskly at least 3 days a week until the claudication sets in. At that point I should sit down and rest. Then go again. I should keep going to my limit, whatever that is. The aim is to build new connecting blood vessels around the blockage. Start with the level you can tolerate, keep a record, and build up slowly. You have to walk into the pain.
    I went on Amazon and bought a portable folding stool that I can take with me on my walks to sit down. When the pain hits, I can hardly move.

I emailed the doctor today. I want her to take blood pressure readings on my ankle and maybe dopler readings on my thigh.

I can do this. There is lots of experience and support out there! I thought I had some weird, unique, mystery problem. No, it's common. Why couldn't the doctors diagnose it? :#

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather -

Great job doing the research.

Good idea giving yourself a chance to rest while walking, keeping records, and having your doc take BP readings on your ankle and doppler readings in other areas. She might have other tests in mind to really check this out more thoroughly too.

Maybe your doc didn't diagnose it because you don't smoke, or have high cholesterol (as I recall) so you were missing the usual health conditions that lead to PAD.

My DH ended up with a complete, or near complete blockage in his femoral artery. But, the ultrasound showed his body had built a detour around it. Apparently it was a smaller vessel and couldn't do the complete job of the main artery, but still it supplied some blood to his leg. They talked about eventually inserting dye into his bloodstream and doing better tracking of where the blood wasn't getting through and putting in stents if I'm remembering right. It's been over 10 years and medical techniques have likely improved.

Yes, he was advised to walk to the pain, and it would eventually get better. He didn't because of his arthritic hips, as I mentioned earlier.

Good luck!

Lanette B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 1sec, 87elev, 2.93ap, 74ahr, 94mhr, 6.12mi= 555c
    Strava app = 750c
    Didn’t get to spin or gym, had stuff to do.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    :|
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Tracey-I think storage unit looks fine-I don't know anything bigger would work with the door entrance. Plus-I have some items that end up moving to different parts of my house as the mood moves me!

Heather-your research sounds reasonable. I would think the doctors would now, at least, have to explain why it isn't that and give you another diagnosis. I have given up trying to figure out why they can't come up with stuff-maybe too many patients?

Pip-the blinds look great but I must ask-are they your final project of 2024? Or were they the last from 2023?

Lanette-thanks for the video and the quiz. I will try them tomorrow. I know I am pretty good on the back scratch. Want to see how the others go.

Got some things done today, always more to do. Also rested some-think I needed it. Need to go clean up kitchen from dinner and run dish washer.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Tracey - Love the cabinet that way. The drawers weren't in the first pic, which is why I was confused... now that I see them, I understand why stacking them might not work.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

22lddsd2yluf.jpg

My friend Barbara did this for me, the "flowers" are Levi's paw prints, we did it with acrylic paints on his paws and then pressing them where she wanted on the paper. just a bit of water washed it off his paws.

Love ya all,
    Kim in N. California

That's beautiful!