WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    KJ Yes I think the lawyer will want to do POA and MPOA along with updating the will. I ought to get that appointment scheduled soon.

Lanette yes fun to dream. We shall see if I actually do it this time. I just started with a new church, so that might be enough change for now. But I could do an online self paced course. Hmm. I was expecting more dating, too, but that's not going well.

Time for meditation. That might slip if I got busier.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    snowflake...... OH my!!!!! this is priceless -
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Lanette-I also was concerned when you talked about being on ladder so I am glad you shared the picture-that is the only type I use-I gave the others to my son. I do have a smaller step stool type I use for the kitchen cupboards. I have a healthy respect for not falling!
    Annie-I wonder if the house, etc. are already addressed in father's will? I know you said you found one after your mother died. It isn't unusual for all to be set up at the same time.-Oops-just saw your response that you are going to get will updated-great way to handle it-just tell your dad you and your sister will feel better knowing he took care of things.

KJ-So glad the little one is coming out of her shell! Enjoy the visit with family!

Rita-you did have a busy day!

Betsy-good progress on clean out! Mine has been a continuous process. There are still times when I find something and discover I am asking DH what the heck he ever kept that for-and why did he leave if for me to deal with!

Allie-I agree with the advice given by KJk

Morning snow has stopped-don't know if this will be the last-it is warming up this week. Put together new bench for living room. Wanted something that didn't take up much room but added a couple of seats if needed occasionally. Will load pictures of it and new bar stools later.

Going to take some cardboard to recycling and then run to store-didn't go this am due to weather.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: mild temperatures, could reach 60F at dog group today ;)
    Annie you are in a very hard place. Please do what you can to prepare yourself. Talk to your sister, and to an elder lawyer. And yes get your health and resume ready to be back on your own again. ((hugs))
    Heather know you and Johnny feel blessed by the grands, but wow what a blessing you are to DS and DDIL!
    Betsy bet the thrift store will be happy to receive the baseball bats, clam and snow shovels. Ours would ;) “… not persuasive enough” :laugh:
    Barbie painful sort of decluttering, . . ((hugs))
    KJ “all I had to do was build a spaceship” :love: the pic. So very very VERY well done! ((happy hugs)) Yours to Annie about the trusted male. V. insightful, hope it helps.
    Lanette I have a ladder just like yours, and neither will I use it to change a lightbulb without a spotter ;)
    Tracey ROTFLMAOWMP!
    Timer just bonged so time to get up and go.
    2/23: Move mins- wii:12 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:20 line dancing:42
    Jeopardy walking:42 Steps:8372
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=10 CI<CO net=632 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, filing, Freddie’s, laundry. Wt:133.6
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Played 'California Girls ' while I was mashing the avocados and asked them if they wanted the eggs 'easy over or sunny side up'. Also bacon. Hugely enjoyed. :p
    Got everyone showered and dressed, then we started on the Art. Max was playing on his phone.
    The girls made drinks coasters, John did an ink wash, and I did a grid drawing with our new pens.
    Max took the photos.
    87x7fdhzihqs.jpg
    7p9f1cjx6yfo.jpg
    5gqfcm9fe18f.jpg
    uxu9r5x4ejiz.jpg
    Then the parents came to pick them up and had coffee. They had a great time playing VIPS at the nightclub.
    We are invited to Shandiz for Bea's birthday in March. Hooray!!!!
    Now relaxing.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxx
    those are the same exact markers(or they look like it from what I can see) that I got dh for Valentine's day.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :'( Boo hoo. The battery died on my pedometer in the middle of my walk this morning. The step counter on my phone said more than 9000 steps and the pedometer in my pocket with the dead battery said just over 4000 steps. That's the biggest problem in my life right now.

:)Kelly, since Sasha died almost two years ago, I've done most of my walking by myself. I still walk as much as I ever did, but it's without a dog. Bessie has never wanted to walk far. Annie is only 9 months old and she likes to walk but not for too long. I average over 13,000 steps a day.

:)Lanette, thanks for sharing the photo of the ladder you use. I have a similar one and use it to get one step above the ground.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,701 Member
    Options
    Afternoon All
    Had a lovely time at Ellies party with Doris,and Ellie was surprised for sure.
    Spring is coming quick because my head is full and im sneezing up a storm.
    I picked up the meds earlier and started those
    But im just sore and achy all over..
    So im going to get in my jammies and go to bed early.
    It's only 4:30 here but I can barely stay awake.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited February 24
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! I meant to really sleep in;
    Debbie- A while back you posted pics of yours/your DH's 3D printed/molded dragons and percussion frogs. Those are amazing! Do you guys have an etsy site or website to sell them? I bet you would do pretty well! Also, I am curious, does it bother your DH that you have a mug with a pic of your and your ex on it and you use it regularly? I know that something like that would really bother my hubby. He would say it doesn't but it would be a constant niggling in the back of his brain and his mood would deteriorate because of the ugly thoughts that it would conjure. Just asking.

I know I have missed some of you and welcome to all of the new women in our group. Sorry to all for the extraordinarily long post. lol Skim/skip as needed! I better get busy with my day. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

We don't have an Etsy store- He is just doing the shows. He started out going to help his friend and then slowly started taking a couple big things with him, like the rifles he made that are duplicates and better than the prop from Star Trek(he added sound chips, lights, etc to his) and helmets(Battlestar Gallactica and Power Ranger).
    He is just starting out doing all the articulated stuff. A few years ago, when he first started out, he printed and painted or I painted and decorated things that were printed with black filament. Now we are using all the fancy type filaments that looks amazing with out painting or just a little embellishment.
    He is at the show in Stockton now. In just 2 hrs since the show started, he has made about $200. The table space, because he is sharing with his friend, is super small , about 4' square. Most of the stuff is priced between $10-15. Starts at $4 and the most expensive is his lighted Godzilla on the acrylic base and he is pricing that at $65 . The base is almost 12" across so he is big. One has lights, one doesnt.
    einfxto3cqp6.png
    hq61ldfdhze9.png
    gu8m3e88xl6s.png

I can see from the picture of his display, he is pushing his Godzilla more than all the rest of the stuff, because that is what he likes. I would do it a lot different. I couldn't go because I have to be here to take over MIL duty today. She has a friend coming by tomorrow and said I don't have to come(said I don't have to come at all but I am NOT falling for that again).

As for dh and my ex. He hasn't mentioned it. They have met once and actually got along well. I don't think he even notices my mug, honestly. He is in his room, oblivious to what is going on in the house- never knows when our son is home or not- IF he came out of his room, he would know.
    He says he doesn't come in the living room(where I am 80% of the time) is because it is too messy.
    Well, while he is gone this weekend I have a list of things I want to do. Stay home is one and clean /declutter the kitchen, living room and a pile of my laundry I need to put away. Kitchen table is done-that was the biggest part. This is nothing new. He has been doing this for YEARS, long before I reconnected with former hubby. And no, the living room hasn't always been messy- it does get a bit cluttered at times with daycare kid stuff but even when it is super neat, he doesn't spend any time in here and if he does, he has the tv on and is on his phone(like I am not even in the room)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

edit- dh has sold all of the bigger Godzilla, there were two in the metal frames(only one in the picture) and also the one with the four heads. Not sure how many of the block ones he has sold.
    Not my thing but they are selling. New Godzilla movie is coming out so that is why he is pushing them.
    I was pushing to get more Easter stuff-rabbits, sheep and other cute stuff. Not sure how much of that has sold but now that his Godzilla stuff is almost all gone, he will have more room to put more out.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    April-very good news regarding your son. In his corner cheering him on (and you too!)

Ginny in Ohio