Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Rita I am so happy to hear that you found your watch. 😀🌞🌻🌼
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Trying to get my "peace" back this evening. I just didn't do anything right today according to DH! Grumbling.....if he keeps it up he can stay home and I will enjoy my time in Maryland! Just saying.....

Chiropractor worked on my back so it is tender tonight. He also worked on DH'S back and hip. Also gave him an exercise to do. Hopefully can clear his up.

Tina I am glad your migraine went away. They truly suck!

Allie Hugs for you and your family.

Rosemarie I miss my dogs, but just don't have the time or energy for one in my life. I am seriously considering a cat though. Maybe....

I think dinner may be ready. Just baked chicken boneless breasts with seasoning, baked potato, and frozen green beans. Not bad. DH inhaled his!

Ginny That would be wonderful! Oh but what a dream! I just finished walking around house for exercise time and got over step goal. I was busy today at work.

Rita YAY!!!! Glad the watch found!!!!

Speaking of work......need to get something done.....or I may just go cross stitch for a short while before bed and work in the morning.

Much love, many hugs, and lots of high fives!
    Thank you all for sharing your journeys.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio hoping to not get a migraine with the next system coming in tomorrow.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Michelle in NV Medicine changes can be hard. We have your back! Hope DH gets home soon with yummy food for dinner.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Rita Yay for the watch!

Teddy had a vet appointment today. The good news is no dental this time. The bad news is that he has a heart murmur. So they will think twice about doing his teeth in the future. He is thirteen and I hope he lives many more years, but I have to be realistic.

Does anybody use those water additives for dog teeth? Or know anything else that helps? He won't chew rawhide anymore.

Annie in Delaware
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,866 Member
    Options
    Joy - our weather is unbelievable, it’s worrisome though what the fire season will bring. I saw that Athabasca already put a ban on fires without permits and that the province has started the “fire season” three days ago, about 6 weeks early. I really hope for all of our sakes that we have a wet March and April.

Tracey, west of Edmonton for a bit then heading Northwest further still.

I hope you have a rainy/snowy March & April ... I think Alberta got some snow just the other day and I hope that helps.

We've had a dry year here so it's no surprise we've got bushfires going now.

The darker blue (and the numbers) is the rainfall this year. The lighter blue is the average rainfall.
    hegum0i23290.png

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    I think I will clean up the shovels and sports equipment and see if the thrift store will take them. They can only say no and then maybe the boys and girls club would want some... I'm on a mission... Ha Ha

Betsy in NW WA

Thrift shops and Tip shops here would take all that!

About the only thing there a little hesitant to take is electrical appliances, in case something is wrong with them.

Michelle NV - I had to change antidepressants a few years ago. I went onto one kind a few months after my husband's accident, then my gynaecologic-oncologist decided I needed to change to another kind. I had to wean off the first, wait a couple weeks, then start the second. I hit a really, really, really low point during that transition. Really low. I have to thank my mother who was emailing me every day and encouraging me to keep on.

It takes a few weeks to get settled on antidepressants. When you first take them, they don't make much difference. If anything they make things worse. But a few weeks in, you'll start having good days again.

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited February 27
    Options
    @Deb__23 Posting is optional. Not everyone is comfortable doing it. Great job on knocking the snacking on the head. Small steps are a good way to build better habits.

Rita: YAY! For finding watch.

Lanette: Happy to share. I’m with you on the ‘clean’ eating. I reckon that a majority of diet being clean is good enough.

Getting ready to go to craft after breakfast. Working on my crochet project.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    edited February 27
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I don't have a desire to take a cruise yet. If anything, maybe a river cruise, but that's doubtful for a while.

Tina in CA

I'm with you on the cruises. I don't mind the idea of river cruises in France, but not ocean-going cruises.

I tolerate the ocean-going overnight ferries I've been on, but I'm always relieved to get off.

Yay Rita!!

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    On Weights ... I have a basket of fairly light weights beside my chair. That way, I can just reach down, grab one and do a few reps now and then.
    M in Oz
    M
    You are always so creative about your exercise. I wish I could come up with quick fixes that would work for me. And, your crazy sleeping accommodations throughout your travels are just wild.

Michelle in NV

With exercise, I try to incorporate it into my day as much as possible rather than depending on a particular exercise time.

So I'll climb stairs at work, walk at lunch and walk to "run errands", lift weights when the mood strikes me while watching TV in the evening. I'm a fan of parking some distance away from things and walking, and taking the stairs to get places rather than taking the lift. I like working in the garden, especially digging and hauling rocks - landscaping - which works a whole set of muscles.

And I like trying new things ... like the fencing! :)

As for the sleeping accommodations, for most of my life, I have not liked the idea of spending a lot of money on a place to sleep. When I'm travelling, I'm often out all day cycling, hiking, sightseeing and being all sorts of active. That's what I want to spend my time and money on. At the end of the day, I'm so tired, I'll sleep just about anywhere!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited February 27
    Options
    Tuesday --

Lunch walk among the planets! They've put planets on the local cycleway.
    5x2easi7o0kv.png

Plus 16 flights of stairs up and 24 flights of stairs down.

I am trying to get out of the habit of going to the shops at lunch. I like visiting all the OP shops (thrift shops), and other places and picking up this or that. Lately, however, I go and don't get anything because I don't really need anything ... or I do get an item or two when I don't really need anything.

Instead, I'm trying to go for long-ish walks at lunch. Probably healthier for me. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 27
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Wow Machka you really got your numbers up quickly for the stair climbing. Just goes to show you are in great shape!

Michelle NV I agree about the antidepressants. You just have to hang on until they kick in. But keep talking to your doctor. I have to take a little "booster" pill with mine, and it makes all the difference. Also beware interactions with Benedryl.

I am so excited about the Pharmacy Technician stuff. Yes I like working with small groups of people. And I like when the workday goes by fast. When there's no pressure I feel like my work doesn't matter. So I think I will really like it. But I will have to get used to standing.

I need to go get an update on my aunt. I hear she is okay, but I never heard what the treatment was for the bowel obstruction. Maybe they don't want to talk about it.

Tuesday is groceries. I will be looking for that cabbage and Cole slaw dressing. And also dried apricots because my potassium intake is low. Sometimes it seems impossible to get all the nutrients inside of 1200 calories.

Teddy is doing well. He had two lumps on his back drained, so I have to be careful petting him. But at least he can't reach them, so he didn't get a cone. I think my dog listens to me better than my father does.

My dad has been leaving the freezer door open in the garage. I will have to get in the habit of checking it. He has been so forgetful his whole life, but this is new.

Have a great day ladies!

Annie in Delaware