• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Lisa Just got my tetanus shot last month! :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    edited February 27
    Options
    Michelle NV If you get munchies again try to say I am going to drink a half glass of water before I eat the next thing. This will hopefully slow you down and or you could be eating because you are dehydrated.

April I am going to look for some recipes to make my own yogurt. Thank you!

I like the idea of playing the kind of music your son found calming before. One of the things they said on the summit is feeling safe and comfort helps with healing. I know you remind him how loved he is.

Found one using a crock pot. I put whole milk on my list and when I can start it at 2 in afternoon I will give it a try. You cook milk on low for 2.5 hours then rest 3 next stir in yogurt. Cover with towels or blanket and then let sit in crock pot 8-12 hours. Store in glass jars. I know this can be done with an insta-pot. I don't own one so I will use the 40 year old crockpot I have. If I want thicker yogurt I can strain with a cheese cloth. I will let you know what I think when I have the chance to make it.

My DH used a smaller crock pot. I might half the recipe and try it in that first.

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    Today is Strawberries and Kalua sounds like a good mix! Enjoy your day!
    saf8wg28bdi7.jpeg
    2792cwrfichj.jpeg
    m0w8b1jroz77.jpeg
    zwg9na75n9cn.jpeg
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: Able to listen to Joe’s advice without getting defensive or dug in. Pastor’s wife’s flexibility and offer to come get me if needed.
    Monday’s gratitude: puppy zoomies. Made it home safe yesterday.
    Sunday’s gratitude: wii came back to life after I unplugged it and let it rest a bit.
    Gang agley: Today’s plan was to follow Joe to car repair to drop off Jeep. Bring him home, pick up the dogs and take to new doggy daycare. Casserole-a-thon, pickup dogs, drop them at home while picking Joe up to take him to pick up repaired Jeep.
    This morning’s many travel plans "gang agley" when I heard a terrible SKREEEEEEEEK driving home yesterday. Maybe from my car, maybe from the guys working in a hole near the power pole. Joe thinks it might be brakes. When he gets back from his Jeep repair we'll take it in to Les Schwab, either this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Doggie daycare test and Casserole-a-thon postponed until we have two working vehicles.
    Ginny I liked your “. . . get my flexibility out” Me too. Thankful was able to be flexible when Joe was advising various courses of action. Now if only my physical flexibility matched my new-found emotional flexibility ;}
    Annie “…better him than me” :laugh: Yay for the bike and walking!!!
    Lisa ladders and chainsaws :wow: oh my! My adrenaline is right up there with yours. Yours to Kylia about time with DH perfectly describes my first cup of tea visit with Joe every morning. He and Corey could be brothers from another mother when it comes to talking about their feelings.
    Betsy “…I have to actually use them to gain muscle????? Yikes what a downer.” Ditto this, AND I have to actually take all those supplements I bought for them to work. SMH.
    Margaret what you said about listening to calming music while sitting with your son in ICU. Yes it helped you and that helped your son more than we can know.
    Kylia you’re right about the weather, we had some 60+F days last week and now there is up to 5” snow forecast for our location Saturday.
    Rita tough choices. As a “better than nothing” plan could you join your friends via FaceTime, FB live or Zoom? Con VERY gratulations for proving diet works to improve kidneys. VERY well done!
    April, likewise VERY well done. Our mfp friends’ wisdom is life changing. Those mindful movements will do much to keep your blood circulating and your muscles alive. Keep up the good work.
    Debbie didn’t know about your close Covid call getting off the Princess shop. WOW.
    Heather ((hugs)) you inspire me to get back to my sit-to-stands, I have trouble with stairs when I don’t do them.
    2/25: Move mins- wii: PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 Jeopardy walking:67 Steps: 7264
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=24 CI<CO net=345 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, church, fellowship, groom Tumble. Wt:133.2
    Only through pg 58 but timer just bonged, so
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    Debbie,
    Maybe when your husband slows down a bit I can buy a Godzilla. He seems so busy that the one I like might be gone before I get the check there, lol. BTW I want the bigger one in the front row on the black block. (Dark green) So when he gets around to it, PM me. I'm sorry your MIL is being a $#@!# about this. She should be happy he's finding joy in it; it comes through everything you write. Tell him we wish him happiness and sales. BTW I didn't know Fit Bit could tell you how you slept. Interesting.

Also, I booked our Alaskan cruise with Norwegian. I got airfare, round trip from Vegas to Seattle, for $370 for both and shuttle service.

I ranted a few posts back, so I won't again. Hubby is now home, 8:06PM, so dinner plans must change. Something quick is all I can do. I was trying to make something for Eat the Rainbow in Lose 1lb a Week. I don't know if I can, but I'm thinking about a salad. YUM!

Michelle in NV

I will let you know as soon as we get caught up on all he needs to have done for the next three shows.
    They are all a bit different- the bases are always a bit different, depending on what we can find.
    They are all hand painted high lights so a bit different plus when he finds new files or new techniques or new filaments.

With the fitbit app it not only tells you how much sleep you got, how much of each type, how many times you were awake and how many times you were restless.
    I love that part- it was great to actually see why I was getting up feeling so tired each morning.
    I have always had trouble with insomnia even as a kid(remember just getting up walking around in the cold house trying to get chilled so I would use up energy warming up under my nice heavy quilt.
    I take melatonin gummies as well as a dark cherry juice that is supposed to be good for sleeping. Take warm massaging showers in the dark to help too. All helps a little.
    Even after basically no sleep night before last, I still had trouble sleeping last night. I did get enough.

Heading over to walk Kobe(mil's dog) while dh cuts his mom's hair. I will take him for a longer walk today. Weather is perfect for it. Rain is coming back Thursday so may miss my walk at the wetlands or, I will just dress in my rain gear and enjoy the walk anyways(won't be many birds to see out then though)

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Threw all the Valentines Day leftovers from the freezer into the IP and added frozen spinach. Delicious. It has to be an almost instant meal when we get back from school duty. My son brought us home on the way to Edie 's football. Pleased I had the inspiration. :)
    The chick peas were thoroughly cooked at last. :p

Quiet night ahead. Tomorrow night we have French Circle.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Thank you Barbie and Barbara. I'm OK if I have a reason to go out, but I've never been good at just 'going for a walk' by myself.
    I'm doing some extra movements from YouTube, including air cycling. Every little helps.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited February 27
    Options
    Thanks Barbie and Barbara!

Giant only had one Cole slaw dressing and it was high calorie. I looked at ranch, but it was high calorie and had MSG. I picked a creamy Italian to try on the cabbage. It's 80 calories per 2 tablespoons. I kinda thought it would have milk or mayo in it, but nope. I have to wait until tomorrow to try it, ran out of calories for today.

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thanks Barbie and Barbara!

Giant only had one Cole slaw dressing and it was high calorie. I looked at ranch, but it was high calorie and had MSG. I picked a creamy Italian to try on the cabbage. It's 80 calories per 2 tablespoons. I kinda thought it would have milk or mayo in it, but nope. I have to wait until tomorrow to try it, ran out of calories for today.

Annie in Delaware

I make coleslaw dressing using mostly plain yogurt, apple cider vinegar, salt & pepper, about a tbsp. sugar, and a little bit of mayo for structure. Maybe I'll put some cayenne in it from time to time depending on my mood. You can thin it out with lemon or lime juice if needed.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,041 Member
    edited February 27
    Options
    I tried a third cup of chopped cabbage with a tablespoon of creamy Italian dressing for 47 calories. The taste was mediocre. But there was a lot to chew on, lol. I think it was missing sugar. I think next I will try one of the skinny girl dressings; they have stevia.

Tina thanks you may have the better recipe there.

Annie in Delaware