WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    edited February 25
    Options
    Good Sunday!
    Yesterday was quite the day. In spite of that I hit my goals for the day. First thing in the morning, I "broke"my DH. His back as been doing well, but now he is in pain again.:( Good thing we go to chiropractor tomorrow. I then sliced open my index fingertip on hedge clippers while showing them to a customer. May need to butterfly it today. The bandage was tight enough to hold it together. Man it hurt badly especially as I use my left hand so much. Survived the day. Worked on cross stitch last night. Oh....and I found out from my DB that my DYD and her family ARE going to our Aunt's celebration of life this coming weekend. She never told me. Like I said, rough day, hurting for DH, embarrassment and pain for me, and hurt that DYD doesn't share. I can't let her actions control my emotions though.

I did read along yesterday.

Pictures of exes I have a few in albums. Most of the ones of ex husband went to our girls. However, he and his wife are in other important event photos with us. My DH is a jealous man, but doesn't feel that towards my ex husband. Ken and I rarely talk except for events for our girls, but we do get along. I explained to DH, Steve, early in our relationship that Ken would always be somewhat involved as we share daughters and grands, but he was an ex for a reason.

April That is great news about your son. Prayers continue. There is hope. Machka's DH proves that!

Kelly That is amazing that the spaceship turned the little girl around. Yay! Any child would be lucky to be in your care. Great job on the loss! I gained weight when I did family day care.

Lanette I like your step ladder. It does look well balanced. I also appreciate that your neighbors are looking out for you!

Michele in FL Yes, sometimes it is hard to just get the motivation to get moving! Glad you had a goof time with family.

Michelle in NV My DH puts a value on everything! My best decluttering is done during hunting season! I miss him hunting in Kentucky and being gone for weekends for 2 reasons...1)I got alone time 2) I could seriously get rid of my things without him griping or needing an explanation. Alaskan cruise is on my bucket list. I have never been on a cruise and want to see Alaska. I would be excited too!

Tina HUGS!!!!

Barbie A commercial on TV brought back wonderful memories of my Sara (white Pyrenees). It was wonderful but painful at the same time. HUGS!!!

Annie Proud of you for getting taxes done. I do have a question.... maybe personal...does your dad wear boxers? If so, I just wouldn't worry too much about him outside in them as they look like shorts. If tidy whities, well, then I would be concerned. I like that you are considering your future! As Machka has said knowledge and preparation go a long way. You certainly have your hands full. I will say your family is lucky to have you. Hugs for you in caring for all your seniors.

Terri We have just spent the last two weeks going from springtime 50-60 degree weather to snow and 20 degrees. This week we will be close to 70 but yesterday was 30. It is crazy weather!

Makeup I can't imagine having to always be "madeup" for my DH. I can see why the 60s were so thankful for women! My DH has seen me at my best and worst. How do you really know a person if you only see one side? I would like to wear makeup again just for a more polished look, but have yet to figure out how to do that on my "mature" skin.

Lisa NOOOO! Chainsaws and ladders are do BAD!!! My adrenaline would have been a 10 also! I am glad it all turned out well, but NOOOO!

Betsy You are doing great! if thrift store won't take bats maybe check with a local baseball group or school. LOL on comment about using weights. I may take a page from Lanette's book and start walking while carrying them. Lifting mowers in and out of cars does help, but I know I have lost muscle over past few years.

Time with DH I like my "down" time, but found that I need to spend some time with him in the man cave to keep him happy. So I try to balance that. Sometimes that is a hard line on the "me" time.

Well, I have now written a novel, but caught up! I took bandaid off finger tip to let air some then forgot that I took it off. Opened back up cut-:( It is now cleaned again with butterfly and bandaid. I rarely do anything half asK! DH still "broken". I started paperwork for sleep study last night. I had to ask DH about some of the questions. He said that since I have lost the weight I snore very little and only rarely. Of course my appointment isn't until May30th.

Off to start my Sunday!
    Nothing big on schedule but don't want to be a total slug. Then again I do have a cross stitch that I would really like to get done before May 13th as it is for oldest granddaughter who will turn 21!

HUGS!
    Congratulations!
    Grateful for you all!

Love,
    Kylia in sunny but chilly Ohio

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    And Today is: “Big Bang Theory” day! Been a while for me since I last watched it. I need to do that today!
    t1q5x8029d4a.jpeg
    p9a2bs2gv1jw.jpeg
    euauahsll90g.jpeg
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Debbie – I remember one year I was staying with my aunt. We would eat tomatoes out of her garden. So good so warm with the sun. I ate so many that I, literally, got physically sick

Michele who laid out by the pool today

Enjoy your time at the pool!!! Sounds amazing. It is warm here but not that warm(74 yesterday)

That is the best way to eat tomatoes and cucumbers- Dad would keep a salt shaker in the little metal shed in the middle of the garden(had his rototiller and tools in it).
    We would also grab a bell pepper and fill it with water and drink out of it.
    A LOT of the veggies were eaten in the garden.

• dlfk202000
    edited February 25
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    [

@dlfk202000
    Those Godzillas are out of this world!!!!! How much do you charge? I would love to get one for my son.

Tuckering out, will post later. Bless those I missed.

Michelle in NV

He sold out of all the Godzillas so we will be getting the printers going again as soon as the order for more filament gets here and he gets home. He now has three more shows lined up and, two of those I can go with him and we get the full booth to ourselves. Each are one day shows. One is a small show but his friend runs it and isn't charging us any booth fee and it is only 30 min. from us, in Vacaville. The other one will be in Lodi which is about an hour and 15 min. from us. That one we will have to pay the full booth fee but I think it will be worth it. $140 for the day. It is higher than some other shows- They are paying $210 for two days at SacCon next month-he is spliting that with his friend.
    Prices range from $10 for the smaller ones to $75 for the largest with lights- $30 for the ones in the rose colored metal frames.
    We don't have more of the thick acrylic bases but did order some that are like that but thinner at 1/4"(those were 1' thick and heavy)

He can do custom orders. Just let us know size, type(which Godzilla you want- like the OG(original) or the more current version)

I can't wait until we can start booking cruises again. That won't happen until either MIL goes into a home or she passes away.
    Last trip we had was the very beginning of COVID. We were actually on the Princess ship that got quarantined in the bay. We were so lucky. We were actually on the cruise that was getting off when the doomed cruise people were getting on- that was a close one. Our friend was very sick after that cruise but didn't know what it was at the time(still don't know)>
    I want to do the Alaskan cruise. Ours so far have all been west coast, down to Ensenada,Mexico and up to Victoria BC. We take cruises out of SF because they are so convienent

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,336 Member
    Options
    Ladies-

Is there a way to search for posts from one of us rather than have to scroll back pages and scan through everyone's?

For example, if I want to see just Debbie's or Lisa's posts for the past 2 weeks, is that possible? I thought there was but can't figure it out.

Thanks ;)

Lanette B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    edited February 25
    Options
    regarding pharmacy tech Kirby said he would walk 20k steps a day and always standing. Even when working in the IV room, they didn’t have chairs

Worked at Swedish hospital in Seattle for 11 years and the rest of the time at Virginia mason hospital in Seattle
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,206 Member
    edited February 25
    Options
    April - I've been thinking everything under the sun. Liver, aneurysm, etc. I had liver bloods done last October, and they were normal. It's a lot better at the moment.
    Legs are rubbish. I keep on doing my exercises. . Doing sit to stand whenever I remember. They hurt. This afternoon I couldn't climb the stairs without hands, but after a nap, I could. Strangely, the main pain has changed legs. ;)
    Our hospital doctors are on strike again. Even if I get a diagnosis, I may have to wait a very long time. I may have to sacrifice a cruise for private treatment. It's against all my principles, but I am of more use to the world as a healthy person who is not in pain. I have so much more to give.

Nothing compares to the sickness of a child. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    One of my friends was told by her husband to burn the letters from her long-term ex boyfriend. She still has huge regrets about that. Her husband is a prize b.....d anyway. She mentioned the regret again recently.

Time to get John a cup of tea.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx

my former hubby's second wife made him get rid of all pictures, etc of me. She was extremely jealous. He did keep one hidden from her. I had sent birthday cards to him a few times- just wishing him well, hoping he was happy, nothing more. He never knew about them because she had thrown them away. That is why I had no contact with him for 20 yrs.
    She also told his parents to not have any contact with me. I found that out from my former FIL after she had passed away. We now chat often and I send Christmas gifts every year to them. Same with his brothers.
    Met them when I was in 7th grade so have known them a good part of my life. I love having them back in my life. To have a "dad"figure back after loosing my dad is very special

Debbie