Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 57mIn 42sec, 70elev, 3.08ap, 84ahr, 101mhr, 6.05mi= 544c
    Strava app= 742c
    Walk to stores n bk w/lucy- 31.54min, 19elev, 2.60ap, 78ahr, 93mhr, 1.37mi= 178c
    Strava app = 169c
    Zwift home bike trainer- strava stats- 17.28min, 39elev, 84aw, 17.7amph, 58arpm, 115ahr, 144mhr, 5.14mi= 114c
    Strava app= 83c
    Zwift stats- 17.29min, 42elev, 83aw, 56arpm, 17.67amph, 5.15mi= 84c
    Housecleaning etc- 1hr 30min 20sec, dust, laundry fold and put away, make/refill hummingbird food, change bedsheets, etc= 422c

Total cal 1258
  • ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    April-very good news regarding your son. In his corner cheering him on (and you too!)

Ginny in Ohio

Thank you @ginnytez 😊
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    April - I just saw your post about your son. Absolutely good news, so nice he'll be moving closer to you soon. It will be great for both of you. ;) Sending gentle hugs to him and big hugs to you. <3

Lanette B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    <3:)April
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    April Wow I'm so sorry your son is going through this. That is good news that he will be closer.

Annie in Delaware
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    April - that is great news!!! He has a long haul ahead of him, but what a great improvment. And to have him closer is great.

Kim in N. California
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,886 Member
    Options
    Good evening 🌛

I got some really good news yesterday evening. I haven’t mentioned this before, but my oldest son (41) was hit by a car on Jan. 3rd and critically injured. He was in ICU for 3 weeks in a coma with 2 skull fractures, a traumatic brain injury, brain swelling, facial fractures, internal bleeding, collapsed lung, and all the ribs and collarbone on one side were broken. He was moved to a critical care center toward the end of January. While he’s endured a lot of hurdles, (breathing tube, tracheostomy, feeding tube, and still being in a coma), they have worked with him at the center to where he no longer needs the trach, can breath on his own, and while he is still technically in a coma, he’s been able to open his eyes occasionally, and respond with a hand squeeze when they ask him to respond.

The good news is that he will be able to leave the critical care center next week, and go to a nursing home within half an hour from me, ( right now he’s 3 ½ hours away from me) for his care and physical therapy! The doctors at the hospital had very little hope of him recovering, or even surviving. But I know my son, he has been through a lot in his life, but he is strong and a fighter. So I told them not to count him out yet, and that he will surprise them all. And he has! <3

Official weigh-in day tomorrow. Fingers crossed! 🤞

Have a good evening. 🌃
    ~April from Southern Indiana

Very sorry about your son. I have been through something very much like this with my husband no so long ago.

The doctors were very doubtful about his recovery too, and he will never fully recover, but he's not doing too badly now.

There is hope!

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: beautiful broccoli from Freddie’s yesterday. Made a colorful crunch salad.
    Tina (gentle hugs)
    Joy no sense in growing green beans if you and DH don’t like ‘em. Me, I don’t like fresh tomatoes, but will plant some for Joe… ;)
    Annie con VERY grats on getting your dad’s taxes done. 230 C of ice cream is a small price to pay for getting that task out of the way. Well done!
    Barbie can feel how you still miss/grieve for Sasha ((hugs)).
    Debbie likewise can sense how your DH’s attitude makes you feel invisible. It’s not a good feeling. ((hugs))
    April what a shock that car accident must have been. Thankful he’ll be nearer soon. Praying your son can make as much (or more) recovery as Machka’s DH has.
    Lanette Brava for your good attitude despite the saddest words…
    Michelle in NV imho you are not silly to be so excited for the cruise. The anticipation is a big part of the enjoyment.
    2/24: Move mins- wii:12 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:47 Steps:5798
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=2 CI<CO net=342 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, Post Office, BiMart, fellowship prep, filing. Wt:132.1
    I’m short of step goal and could Jeopardy walk my way closer but just too tired.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    April: That must be such a relief after the initial prognosis. Prayers that he continues to.improve.

We had an overnight frost, just to remind us that winter is not yet done with us 😝 It’s not really surprising as it was one of those bright, clear, moonlit nights.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    Options
    Michelle in NV - We book our cruises more than a year in advance and it keeps us going all year! I love something to look forward to. Our next one starts at the end of April. It is a kind of extra , because we had so long to wait for the main one in October. John is paying for it. :D<3
    We are currently on an advanced waiting list for summer/autumn 2025. The brochure should be out soon. I'm wondering what effect my health problems will have on insurance. You have to declare everything these days.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx