WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did a complete strength training DVD, the plan for tomorrow is to do a Body Attack DVD.

When I went to the Y there was a train stopped on the tracks so I, literally, sat there for 1 hour. I know one road by the Y that intersects another road further down, but I couldn’t remember if there were any train tracks before the intersection. And my phone was in my trunk.

My leg is still oozing, but even less than yesterday. I really cut it deep. Fortunately, we have gauze and tape down here

We have a meeting here at the condo about the seawall (that needs to be replaced which means a good sized assessment) Vince is worried about how much the assessment will be

Annie – don’t they make a milkbone-type thing for cleaning dog’s teeth?

April – I didn’t realize that your son was being moved so quickly. How wonderful for you! I love yogurt in the IP, too. I tend to like it not as “bitter” and I can control that in the IP

Michelle NV – rant all you care to. We exercise so we have large shoulders

It’s pretty warm and not windy so I told Vince that after dinner we’ll walk across the street and get ice cream for dessert. Hopefully, this will get him to start walking again. I also found out that as long as you order SOMETHING (it can even be a soda) you get a free slice of pie on Wednesdays at this one restaurant. That can be a Wednesday walk.

April and everyone else – remember the saying “a problem shared is a problem halved”

Lisa – I know that I’m up on my tetanus

Annie – I think you’ll do great a Tech. Proud that you’re going after it

Eating: I don’t know where I heard it, but I’ve found that having protein really does reduce those “cravings”

Barbara – before my Wii gave up the ghost completely, I used to have to unplug it to reset it. If it is your brakes, hope it isn’t something real serious

Michele who is looking forward to tonight’s ice cream. It’ll be mint chocolate chip with Andes candies
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lanette for asking and Machka for answering, was wanting to do this recently too. The mfp search is more targeted, but the Google search came up with another auntiebk, a gal named Brenda Klutz’s Pinterest nickname ;) and boy has she pinned some good looking recipes! :}
    Michele brava for the yoga and pilates results!
    Barbie et al about how far we’ve come, when Mama was born, women didn’t have the right to vote. When I was in high school we had a dress code that required dresses or skirts with maximum and minimum length from center of knee. That having been said, there’s still a ways to go, as you know if you’ve ever been given the run around by an automobile professional. Much as I resent the reality, I’m thankful Joe took my car in to talk to “the guy” about the brakes and brake bulb lamp fault warning.
    Evelyn “…lease know that I do laugh, cry and fume right along with all of you” Ditto ;}
    Heather ((hugs)) hoping for help for your legs. I’m enjoying anticipating your Sicily/Tunisia cruise. ;)
    Wow Terri, that Profile/Replies is slick! Thanks! ((hugs)) for your DH. Good of him and his pal to collect that friend and give him a day out.
    Kylia hooray for DH joining your walk! Love your sign off quotes. Sorry your DH was a grump on top of your cut finger. You do so much, wish he appreciated you more. (hugs)
    Heather :love: the article!
    Lisa “…put it in my planner so it’s real, right?” Right! OMG the $$,$$$ Skyrizi prices. :noway:
    Margaret thanks for the PEMF info and William Pawluk. Intriguing.
    Allie, added Tracy and her twins to my mfp prayer list. ((hugs)) Brava for your quick walk around the building. Baby steps.
    Beth ((hugs))
    Rita found your watch? Halelujah!!!
    Tina 2 plus day migraine? (gentle hugs)
    Debbie “…He just said, most mom's would be happy their son was doing well . . . and then he let it go-“ That is a huge attitude shift!
    Vicki your birthday is one day after your DH’s?
    Lanette does walking on dirt paths cause the same pain as walking on pavement?
    Rosemarie I love that your grand dog sleeps beside you. Our big, black bear of a dog, Shadow, comes and sleeps alongside of me after Joe gets up. Very comforting. I too am looking forward to longer, brighter days, but the snow forecast for Saturday, well . . .
    Kay, those are some important small wins, hooray!
    Michele ow, that bleeding leg sounds like it hurts! Hope the recommended guy calls back with a reasonable quote.
    Ginny, I’m with you about the Sauvage commercials :naughty: Good luck at the implant appointment, keeping fingers Xd for you.
    Michelle in NV ((hugs)) No need to apologize, this is the safest place for dumping our woes. We’ve all had those kinds of days, feeling bad from poor food choices. ((hugs))
    April safe travels and virtual hugs to your son. Whatever helps you to bring good energy to him will help.
    Deb__23 con VERY Grats for eliminating late night snacking. That’s a tough one.
    Machka thanks for yours to Michelle in NV. The voice of experience, I’m sure it will help.
    Margaret good luck with the yoghurt!
    Rebecca wow! What a reunion. Everyone’s joy shines out from those pics. So happy for you all.
    Michele :love: your plans to get your DH to walk. :naughty: Don’t know what I’ll do if my wii and balance board ever quit completely. Do you know of any alternatives?
    Kept hearing Johnny Cash sing about ‘…everywhere’ so had to share my paltry list.
    Lived: California, Idaho, Oregon
    Travelled: Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, New Jersey, New York, British Columbia, England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland, Israel.
    Thought I’d travel some more after retiring, but Joe doesn’t want to and to be honest I’m mostly content to stay home. Might make an October trip to SoCal to visit friends and sibs and one day to Colorado to visit friend and see the Skye Terrier Roving Specialty… ;)
    Joe called and my care passed its inspection with flying colors. No need for brakes or any other repairs. Thank very goodness! Casserole-a-thon and doggie daycare trial now for Friday morning.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    February: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Thank you Michele! Hope your leg gets better. Sounds like a really deep gash. Did you get stitches?

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 8min 43sec, 75elev, 2.79ap, 83ahr, 104mhr, 6.06mi= 599c
    Strava app= 742c
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Hello all:

Rebecca-what a great visit you have had! Tears are normal-they help us heal.

Lisa-you descriptions of your medical issues are very entertaining (at least as we read them).

Terri-I missed you were having such a problem with eczema. Staying ahead of it sounds like a most sensible idea.

So implant went ok-didn't really take that long. Get it checked in a couple of weeks to make sure staying as it should. Then a few months after that checked for placement of external head and visit to dentist to get crown made. Process of placing post was not painful (good numbing). It is now throbbing a bit so will take some more ibuprofen.

Was going to go to ladies' group tonight but am still pulling together numbers for meeting with commissioners tomorrow so I think I need to finish that up. I am taking time to finish up exercise and move with an indoor walk. I got out for a mile at lunch but it appears like rain is coming (even though radar doesn't show it. Supposed to have some heavy storms later.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • Deb__23
    Deb__23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie I myself have 4 dogs and happy to read about Teddy being new here I do not know the whole story but always smile when I hear good news and I to am on 1200 cal a day so it can be a juggle act to make sure I am getting everything in
    Machka9 wow that is a lot of steps and the trail looks calming these are places I enjoy going to with my fur babies
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    Options
    Off out shortly for shopping.